Dead?

Started by Alice Jameson, April 09, 2009, 05:41:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alice Jameson

What's going on progress wise on this project? I was really looking foward to it. Is this still be worked on?
(\__/) | This is Bunny.
(O.o ) | Copy Bunny into your signature to help
(> < ) | him on his way to world domination!

ChexCommander

Well, Boingo hasn't released anything in 6+ months. Last thing I knew, he was still working on the retouching of the game, but if he needs us to help, I'm sure we could pitch in.
"I don't cook, either. Not as long as they still deliver pizza." -Tiger Woods

Alice Jameson

I know. I was really looking foward to this mod. It kinda inspired me in mine. But yeah I hope we hear word from Boingo on this project soon.
(\__/) | This is Bunny.

Atariangamer

I think its pretty much done, minus a few final touchups. However, when everybody decided that GZDooM was the port to use, everything stopped. We saw a few shots of some stuff, but that was it.

Then a few other projects of his started moving, and I think this is at a standstill.
Don't remember me as I was...I was an idiot.

Alice Jameson

Quote from: Atariangamer on April 09, 2009, 07:05:18 PM
I think its pretty much done, minus a few final touchups. However, when everybody decided that GZDooM was the port to use, everything stopped. We saw a few shots of some stuff, but that was it.

Then a few other projects of his started moving, and I think this is at a standstill.

well that sucks that it seems to be at a standstill...
(\__/) | This is Bunny.

ChexCommander

Super Chex's GZDoom Patch and 3D Models were the last progress on anything about TUCQ...hmm, if only Boingo could log on again....

Manny Cav

Quote from: Atariangamer on April 09, 2009, 07:05:18 PM

TUCQ has been at a standstill for the past 4 years now (the last release was on October 7, 2005), with spartan progress popping up in bits and pieces since then. It's just ridiculous.
Quote from: ChexCommander on April 09, 2009, 07:32:51 PM
Super Chex's GZDoom Patch and 3D Models were the last progress on anything about TUCQ...hmm, if only Boingo could log on again....
Boingo popped into the chat yesterday. He didn't have much to say.
R.I.P. The Game
January 3rd, 1937-
January 7th, 2010

Atariangamer

If only some people could get his vision and then actually do it. His interpretations and ways of doing things REALLY hit home, but I haven't seen anything like his work anywhere else.

Alice Jameson

Quote from: Manny Cav on April 09, 2009, 09:10:34 PM
TUCQ has been at a standstill for the past 4 years now (the last release was on October 7, 2005), with spartan progress popping up in bits and pieces since then. It's just ridiculous.

Well it sounds kinda dead then... I mean no significant amount of work has really been done... Or at least it seems that way. It's kinda really sad. I really liked this project. It gave me ideas for my own. It was inspiring.
(\__/) | This is Bunny.

ChexCommander

Well yes, being one of the first CQ mods, it inspired loads of people and made them realize that they too could make their own game. It's sad, really.

Atariangamer

However, if you're gonna begin in the CQ modscene, I'd begin here with this. Take a look at what he's done, how he did it, and even make a map or two using it (I suggest The Green Avenger's tutorial on setting up Doom Builder to work with TUCQ), then move from there.

Manny Cav

Folks, it's not looking good. He just yanked all Chex Quest material from his website. All download links to stuff on his website are no longer working. He also describes himself as being "not available." To the mod makers out there that are using TUCQ as a crutch (requred PWAD) for their mods: I suggest you make your mods independent from TUCQ and make them PWADs for Chex Quest 3, since TUCQ is no longer available.
R.I.P. The Game
January 3rd, 1937-
January 7th, 2010

xbolt

Well, shoot... That's certainly distressing news.

I hope he's alright.

Atariangamer

I can tell we dont look at our past much anymore. Where would most of us be if it wasn't for this mod?
Since we switched and lost Boingo in progress, we have had some good new modmakers come with GZDooM skills. However, nothing has come close to this. This is THE Ultimate Chex Quest.

Sad to see it basically die. Not so cool...

matthias720

Dude...this ain't cool. :(
:whale :caineware :ninjaware :whale :caineware :ninjaware