Dead?

Started by Alice Jameson, April 09, 2009, 05:41:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChexCommander

Oh dear. And actually, I had felt that there was a chance something like this might happen, but it was a serious doubt and I ignored it.  If we had looked carefully, maybe there were some warning signs....

It seems Boingo has gotten fed up with the CQFF.  I remember a few days after his de-modification, he said that he felt that his removal of the position was a bit of an insult.  Then, when he attempted resurrection of his topic and said it would sink then get revived every once in a while, so "no complaining," he was instantly shot down and the topic locked for necromancy. Of course, this was all in accordance with Board Rules.

I dunno, but that may have been the reason he's gone. Or something else just happened, and I'm a nutcase.  But either way, this is bad news.
"I don't cook, either. Not as long as they still deliver pizza." -Tiger Woods

xbolt

Quote from: Atariangamer on April 25, 2009, 01:45:33 AM
I can tell we dont look at our past much anymore. Where would most of us be if it wasn't for this mod?
Since we switched and lost Boingo in progress, we have had some good new modmakers come with GZDooM skills. However, nothing has come close to this. This is THE Ultimate Chex Quest.

Sad to see it basically die. Not so cool...

It is, and will always remain, the BEST mod. No offense to the usurpers, ;) but you can't compete with the original.

ChexCommander

True. The first can never be replicated.

EDIT: At least the Wayback Machine still has it.

Manny Cav

Quote from: xbolt on April 25, 2009, 06:59:53 PM
Quote from: Atariangamer on April 25, 2009, 01:45:33 AM
I can tell we dont look at our past much anymore. Where would most of us be if it wasn't for this mod?
Since we switched and lost Boingo in progress, we have had some good new modmakers come with GZDooM skills. However, nothing has come close to this. This is THE Ultimate Chex Quest.

Sad to see it basically die. Not so cool...

It is, and will always remain, the BEST mod. No offense to the usurpers, ;) but you can't compete with the original.
It's too bad that Chex Quest 3 isn't actually a mod, otherwise, TUCQ wouldn't be the best anymore. :D But I'll agree, TUCQ pretty much made CQFF.

Anyway, just before ChexCommander posted that, I found it myself. TUCQ Phase II beta 3 will be featured on Chex Quest Gallery upon its return (but subject to removal if Boingo objects). In the meantime, for those mods that still use TUCQ as a parent PWAD, they can just be modified to not need TUCQ anymore, but just be straight PWADs off of chex.wad (doomu.wad).
R.I.P. The Game
January 3rd, 1937-
January 7th, 2010

xbolt

I just added Boingo's departure to the History. It seems a significant enough event.

Replica

... Guys, have we forgotten that Boingo didn't announce his leave? Why in the world are we making it seem like he did? He could just be doing something else... like REAL LIFE. Ok, I certainly hope so. XD
I know what you're thinking. No, I don't like peanut butter.

If I had to choose between the real world or the Chex Quest Fan forums; I'd choose the Chex Quest fan forums.

Manny Cav

He did announce his departure, just not publicly.
R.I.P. The Game
January 3rd, 1937-
January 7th, 2010

Replica

o_O  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

This is very disappointing.
I know what you're thinking. No, I don't like peanut butter.

If I had to choose between the real world or the Chex Quest Fan forums; I'd choose the Chex Quest fan forums.

Super Chex

It is not actually dead. I've been swamped with school, friends, and the home life, as well as trying to start a business... >.> I'm still working here and there on this... I am deeply sorry for disappearing, and I'm sure anyone reading this is probably in shock at a return from the dead, but here am I, alive and well and working on TUCQ.
:D :p

ChexCommander

Quote from: Super Chex on December 17, 2010, 12:04:18 AM
It is not actually dead. I've been swamped with school, friends, and the home life, as well as trying to start a business... >.> I'm still working here and there on this... I am deeply sorry for disappearing, and I'm sure anyone reading this is probably in shock at a return from the dead, but here am I, alive and well and working on TUCQ.

OMG LOOK, IZ SUPAR CHEX

any chance of you releasing the stuff you have, in case you erm... lose interest? You had a really nice looking high res large zorcher sprite, I remember.
"Give us those nice bright colors, give us the greens of summer, makes you think all the world's a sunny day."

You can find me on the CQFF discord: https://discord.gg/AgNhjem

Super Chex

Quote from: 75 on December 17, 2010, 01:36:56 AM
any chance of you releasing the stuff you have, in case you erm... lose interest? You had a really nice looking high res large zorcher sprite, I remember.

Not quite. It was a 3D model I did. And there are compatibilty mismatches due to switching from Legacy to GZDoom. I still have a ton of things to fix and my computer I was using is unplugged. I'll have to hook it up and get my editors and files and continue. I should be able to give a decent and sadly buggy version around Christmas. ^^

ooh, a 3d model, that's even better! Mind if I use it for my Unreal 3 mod?
"Give us those nice bright colors, give us the greens of summer, makes you think all the world's a sunny day."

You can find me on the CQFF discord: https://discord.gg/AgNhjem

Super Chex

Quote from: 75 on December 17, 2010, 04:16:01 PM
ooh, a 3d model, that's even better! Mind if I use it for my Unreal 3 mod?

Sure! Just give me a couple days to dig it up...