[Discussion]Chex Squadron, the Role Play

Started by The Green Avenger, April 13, 2009, 12:17:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Manny Cav

Quote from: The Green Avenger on April 13, 2009, 12:17:14 AM
BTW @ mods, could we have a separate thread for discussions on the setting (a gamemaster, or out of character, thread)?  That allows for the continuation of the storyline without interruption, while discussions continue on elsewhere.  If we could, could we then have the non-Role Play posts in this topic moved there?  Thank you.
It has been done. Rules and discussions went in the topic marked [Discussion], and the role play posts were made into a new topic.
R.I.P. The Game
January 3rd, 1937-
January 7th, 2010

Strife

Manny, I think you might have gotten confused about Molly's location. She was in her quarters. ^^; Though I think this still works, since we can just pretend that there was a skip in the timeline after Molly contacted maintenance.

I also noticed how you took some sort of control over what Molly was thinking during her one-sided conversation. I would try not to manipulate user-controlled characters too much, although NPC characters are fair game.

Manny Cav

She went to lunch from her quarters. How is that unreasonable? :D

I understand about the thought thing. I edited my post to what I was going to do at first, anyway. :P

I tend to mess up role plays whenever I do get into them. :D
R.I.P. The Game
January 3rd, 1937-
January 7th, 2010

arch129

I think it would help (or at lest me) if there was a good map of the ICOF base that we could use during our role playing.

I did make this yesterday. It's kinda like the E3M1 level of the ICOF, but with some more stuff.

Manny Cav

Very good! Did you reference the intro video or E3M1 of Chex Quest 3 any?
R.I.P. The Game
January 3rd, 1937-
January 7th, 2010

arch129

Mostly I based it off of E3M1. Its not a perfect replica E3M1 because I was to lazy to open the level in DooM Builder. :P

Manny Cav

Still, I think this will work just fine for our purposes. ;)
R.I.P. The Game
January 3rd, 1937-
January 7th, 2010

ChexCommander

Quote from: arch129 on April 14, 2009, 06:56:25 PM
I think it would help (or at lest me) if there was a good map of the ICOF base that we could use during our role playing.

I did make this yesterday. It's kinda like the E3M1 level of the ICOF, but with some more stuff.

Ooh, nice job Arch! I like the Arcade and the Virtual Training Room. XD

EDIT: I like this Role Play. It's like a community story. The different plots intertwining and everything....sweet.
"I don't cook, either. Not as long as they still deliver pizza." -Tiger Woods

arch129

Quote from: ChexCommander on April 14, 2009, 07:25:26 PM
Quote from: arch129 on April 14, 2009, 06:56:25 PM

Ooh, nice job Arch! I like the Arcade and the Virtual Training Room. XD

EDIT: I like this Role Play. It's like a community story. The different plots intertwining and everything....sweet.
I'm glad you like the map. ^^

The story hasn't really had much "intertwining" yet, mostly different people doing there own thing, but later in the story it should be easier to get different people in one part when most of the main characters are figured out.

ChexCommander

Exactly. Everybody will meet up, or at least some people, soon.
"I don't cook, either. Not as long as they still deliver pizza." -Tiger Woods

Atariangamer

>< I had an epic first post, then both manny AND arch added quickie updates that ruined my part of the story :'(

I came in a bit late to start off with...eh, oh well.
Don't remember me as I was...I was an idiot.

arch129

Quote from: Atariangamer on April 14, 2009, 09:51:14 PM
>< I had an epic first post, then both manny AND arch added quickie updates that ruined my part of the story :'(

I came in a bit late to start off with...eh, oh well.

You should still post it if it really doesn't interfere with other parts. Sorry about that, I didn't notice other people where posting at the same time as me.

Atariangamer

It does...it involved me half freeing manny cav, and me begining to find you. However, both have moved from their last positions...so it wouldn't make sense. I'll jump in one time when NOONE is on...
Don't remember me as I was...I was an idiot.

Manny Cav

Hee hee. This is just something you have to cope with. I've role played on larger forums before. It can be a mess, especially when there's a story involved. I wouldn't have freed myself if I knew you was going to do it. :P
R.I.P. The Game
January 3rd, 1937-
January 7th, 2010

arch129

I found a mistake in your part Manny.

Quote from: Manny CavBuff heard a door lock, then he heard someone call out, 'Hello? Does anybody need help?' Buff replied back with, "Hello? Does anybody need help?"

When Peter herd that it was suppose too be you.
Or did you mean to say...

Quote from: Manny CavBuff heard a door lock, then he heard someone call out, 'Hey is anyone here?' Buff replied back with, "Hello? Does anybody need help?"