[Discussion]Chex Squadron, the Role Play

Started by The Green Avenger, April 13, 2009, 12:17:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zorchdude

ZORCH RIFT! ZORCH RIFT! WARNING! ZORCH RIFT!

A Zorch Rift is a tear in Time and Space. Fatal unlike ordinary Zorch. It's a bit like a 2 dimensional black hole. It looks like Xplfnt described it in the topic. A Zorch hole is not dissimilar, but it is much less intensified and therefore non-fatal. It also does not suck things towards it, unlike a Zorch Rift. A Zorch Rift is caused by an item filled with Liquid Zorch being Zorched, creating a never-ending loop and possibly destroying everything.

The whole ship rests in Albert's hands. WILL HE CATCH THE CRATE? OR WILL HE DIE HORRIBLY? I can guess. ;)
Pinky and the Brain, Brain, Brain, Brain, Brain, Brain, Brain, BRAIN!
Narf.

Replica

Come on guys! We really need to read peoples post beofre posting.

Manny gave an example.

Another would be that Peter and Molly were ate the strip, and yet we then jump back in time so Kuwabara and Allen characters can join them...? The only other one can be fixed... I'll do that easily.

I'm not sure how to fix that problem though, maybe if Arch edits his post to include Allen and Kuwabara's characters?
I know what you're thinking. No, I don't like peanut butter.

If I had to choose between the real world or the Chex Quest Fan forums; I'd choose the Chex Quest fan forums.

Strife

Until that's cleared up, Replica, I didn't mention the names of any of the group members in my latest post other than Molly. Once we've figured out how to fix it, I can put them in for clarification.

Kuwabara

Quote from: Replica on April 16, 2009, 11:52:12 AM

I'm sorry, but that is a LOT of reading to do!  I made sure to skim it though.

Strife

Quote from: Kuwabara on April 16, 2009, 01:37:02 PM
Quote from: Replica on April 16, 2009, 11:52:12 AM

I'm sorry, but that is a LOT of reading to do!  I made sure to skim it though.

I can see Kuwa's reasoning behind this. The RP is moving very fast, and naturally this might cause some details to be lost. The only thing I can really suggest is that at the end of each post, maybe we can type a quick summary of the characters mentioned in the post so that people who are just skimming through will know which posts relate to the characters they are controlling.

For example, if I typed a post where Molly was talking to Peter and ran into Frost at the landing strip, I could just type something like "Molly, Peter, Frost - Landing Strip on Floor C" at the end of my post. That way, the person who is controlling Frost, if they happen to just be skimming through the topic, will spot their character's name and know that they should go back and read through it. In addition, anyone who has a character in the Landing Strip will notice the location name and will also know that they should read through the post in case their character overheard or saw the events taking place.

Zorchdude

Save Albert! He's got a Zorch Rift on his hands! Someone help him!
Pinky and the Brain, Brain, Brain, Brain, Brain, Brain, Brain, BRAIN!
Narf.

Manny Cav

Buff is station in the Central Room, protecting stuff. Can Albert not save himself?
R.I.P. The Game
January 3rd, 1937-
January 7th, 2010

ChexCommander

Quote from: Replica on April 15, 2009, 08:14:44 PM
There's 3 Commanders.

1.) Frost. - CC's charactor - yeah, he passed out after his ship crashed.
2.) Unkown name - Manny made him, he was good in the vent though.
3.) Milk - My Charactor. He's currently on his way to help Commander Frost.

Wow, we're really getting into this.. or at least I am. XD

I'm getting into this too. XD

Rep, I don't think Manny's Buff Wheatman is a Commander. He's a rookie for now.

And yes, Frost is unconscious.

And we must take the time to at least quickly read each other's posts or else the whole story will crash and burn. At first, I didn't even realize Milk was a Commander too until I reread it.
"I don't cook, either. Not as long as they still deliver pizza." -Tiger Woods

Replica

Quote from: ChexCommander on April 16, 2009, 05:29:01 PM
Quote from: Replica on April 15, 2009, 08:14:44 PM
There's 3 Commanders.

1.) Frost. - CC's charactor - yeah, he passed out after his ship crashed.
2.) Unkown name - Manny made him, he was good in the vent though.
3.) Milk - My Charactor. He's currently on his way to help Commander Frost.

Wow, we're really getting into this.. or at least I am. XD

I'm getting into this too. XD

Rep, I don't think Manny's Buff Wheatman is a Commander. He's a rookie for now.

And yes, Frost is unconscious.

And we must take the time to at least quickly read each other's posts or else the whole story will crash and burn. At first, I didn't even realize Milk was a Commander too until I reread it.

No, no, the Cammander Wheatman was with in the air vents.
I know what you're thinking. No, I don't like peanut butter.

If I had to choose between the real world or the Chex Quest Fan forums; I'd choose the Chex Quest fan forums.

arch129

I don't mean to sound discouraging, but it seems like the flemoid plot is making this story way to complicated.
The issue in the ICOF Spaceship was meant to start the adventure out easy but now its driving away from that plot.

I think we should use this topic to our advantage so we can keep this story organized and plan out big plot changes.

Quote from: Zorchdude on April 16, 2009, 06:45:04 AM

A Zorch Rift is a tear in Time and Space. Fatal unlike ordinary Zorch. It's a bit like a 2 dimensional black hole. It looks like Xplfnt described it in the topic. A Zorch hole is not dissimilar, but it is much less intensified and therefore non-fatal. It also does not suck things towards it, unlike a Zorch Rift. A Zorch Rift is caused by an item filled with Liquid Zorch being Zorched, creating a never-ending loop and possibly destroying everything.

The whole ship rests in Albert's hands. WILL HE CATCH THE CRATE? OR WILL HE DIE HORRIBLY? I can guess. ;)

Again I don't mean to sound discouraging, but this is to big of a plot change for one person to throw out there IMO. We should discuss ideas for plot changes that will affect everybody, if the story changes too much too fast people won't like it.

Manny Cav

I thought the Flemoid attack was the plot. ???
R.I.P. The Game
January 3rd, 1937-
January 7th, 2010

ChexCommander

I thought we had two sides going: one aboard the IFOC ship, and one in the Flem World. Slime was beginning to make it so that the two came together.

Quote from: Zorchdude on April 16, 2009, 06:45:04 AM

But THAT is distracting and confusing. Anything even close to a rift is a bit complex this early on with everything already happening. It's just being thrown into the gears.

arch129

Quote from: The Green Avenger on April 13, 2009, 12:17:14 AM
The setting I am suggesting in this case would be the Intergalactic Federation of Cereals' Chex Squadron Headquarters.  To begin, we would likely be more dealing with training and character development (basically conversation, interacting with his environment), but later we can come up with a situation to send the characters into, flemoid related or not.  Even perhaps have a few issues in the Federation not having to do with the flemoids to warm up, then have some sort of flemoid issue.  Failing that, we could even do it without any flemoids if we come up with storylines that work well enough.  :D

To my understanding this mission on the ICOF Spaceship was to be some kinda practice for use to get used to this kinda Role Playing format. I was thinking the ICOF spaceship part would be a short battle between some flemoids, then after that the main charters could go to some kinda planet like what happens in the Chex Quest games there being a larger battle.

I just believe that from the flemoids respective a big battle is going to happen way too soon in the story.

ChexCommander

Nah, I'm liking this adventure on the ship. It was to be an introductory opening, yes, but it can still be intricate. I'm tired of having the same stuff happen every time, y'know?

The Slimeinator

Sometimes you've got to go where everybody knows your name.

James 1:5