D_INTER
1 (4.8%)
D_VICTOR
0 (0%)
D_BUNNY (epic_win.mid--Strife)
0 (0%)
CQ3 stolen D_E1M1
0 (0%)
CQ3 stolen D_E1M2 (The theme from Twin Peaks)
0 (0%)
CQ3 stolen D_E1M3 (Axel F)
0 (0%)
CQ3 stolen D_E1M4
0 (0%)
CQ3 stolen D_E1M5
0 (0%)
CQ3 stolen D_VICTOR (Staying Alive)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 21

ChexCommander

Quote from: Wodd on September 09, 2009, 09:44:29 PM
That is a hard question to answer, as I like all of them. I have managed to download the songs for the first two games, but I have not found the ones for the third one. Does anyone know where I may be able to obtain a copy of them (primarily the levels, as I believe that the intro, victory, and intermission somgs are the same as those used in the first two episodes)?

http://www.chexquest.org/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=3

;)
"I don't cook, either. Not as long as they still deliver pizza." -Tiger Woods

LAZ Trooper

I actually have the Stolen CQ3 E1M3 "Axel F" song in midi from some other old computer game, "Math Quiz" (it also has a lot of other songs heard elsewhere)
Use the CQ IRC channel! (were it working...)

Current Projects:
Chex Quest: The Great Invasion (on hold)
Chex Quest Skulltag Pack - mapper
The Chex Crusades: Return to Bazoik
Map of Epic (unannounced. If you notice this and ask about, good for you. You won't get any information. And I am out o

Wodd

That is interesting, but those are not quite what I am looking for. I would prefer songs like these, but Chex Quest 3's music instead of Chex Quest 1's or Chex Quest 2's. That site only contains the music from the first two episodes. Oggs like those of the Chex Quest 3 music is what I am looking for. I listened to the midis and they sound nice, but not quite like the versions that I have. That was especially noticeable with the cinema's starting notes, which were faster in the midi than in the ogg. In addition, the ogg files have a fade effect toward the end of the song, which is cool sounding, but the midis do not contain that either.
"Cast your burden upon the Lord." (Psalm 55:22, Daysies, April 6)
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." (Philippians 4:13, Daysies, March 10)

ChexCommander

Quote from: Wodd on September 09, 2009, 11:16:03 PM
That is interesting, but those are not quite what I am looking for. I would prefer songs like these, but Chex Quest 3's music instead of Chex Quest 1's or Chex Quest 2's. That site only contains the music from the first two episodes. Oggs like those of the Chex Quest 3 music is what I am looking for. I listened to the midis and they sound nice, but not quite like the versions that I have. That was especially noticeable with the cinema's starting notes, which were faster in the midi than in the ogg. In addition, the ogg files have a fade effect toward the end of the song, which is cool sounding, but the midis do not contain that either.

What you need to realize is that the MIDI files ARE the originals. Someone who made the OGG probably just converted the MIDIs in some form, edited them a little, added a fade, etc. For the original music, that link I gave you is your best bet. I don't even know how reliable that website that you linked to is.

Wodd

Ah, thanks for the info. I was unaware of that. I guess then that I may have to open them in Winamp (provided that it opens midi sequences) and convert them into wave files, as Modplug Tracker does not handle them exactly right. Perhaps I am missing a plug-in or something, but I generally do not worry about those. I think that I will be redoing a few songs now and deleting a few files!
"Cast your burden upon the Lord." (Psalm 55:22, Daysies, April 6)
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." (Philippians 4:13, Daysies, March 10)

ChexCommander

Quote from: Wodd on September 10, 2009, 12:35:42 PM
Ah, thanks for the info. I was unaware of that. I guess then that I may have to open them in Winamp (provided that it opens midi sequences) and convert them into wave files, as Modplug Tracker does not handle them exactly right. Perhaps I am missing a plug-in or something, but I generally do not worry about those. I think that I will be redoing a few songs now and deleting a few files!

For conversion, I believe Audacity can convert MIDIs to WAVs and MP3s. It just can't play them inside the program.

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/