Boingo and TUCQ Appreciation Thread

Started by Chukker, April 29, 2009, 08:36:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChexCommander

I love the new CQ3.exe icon. It looks so much better than the old one. Has it been here before, or is it new? I remember seeing it just now...
"I don't cook, either. Not as long as they still deliver pizza." -Tiger Woods

xbolt

Quote from: ChexCommander on June 25, 2009, 06:31:49 PM
I love the new CQ3.exe icon. It looks so much better than the old one. Has it been here before, or is it new? I remember seeing it just now...

Nope, it's new with 1.4.

ChexCommander

"I don't cook, either. Not as long as they still deliver pizza." -Tiger Woods

Manny Cav

First, I'd like to give a big welcome back to Boingo the Clown, who has came back and has started posting again!

Second, assuming he reads this topic, is it possible that TUCQ might come back into development, Boingo? You have fans here, including Chukker, who'd like to see it restart. TUCQ did literally make this community as big as it is, and was the inspiration behind Chex Quest 3. :)
R.I.P. The Game
January 3rd, 1937-
January 7th, 2010

Datra

Boingo's back!!! Yay!!

v1.4 already! SWEET!! Downloading as soon as possible. *puts on anticipating for awesomeness face*
CQHD Community Dev

Atariangamer

DUDE! Boingo has returned?! oh yeah...little by little, commin back strong...

and i played through the entire episode 1 and 2 (no shortcuts, even on E1M5) and it was AWESOME. i liked all additions, and the new textures were cool!

i'm planning on doing a EP3 playthrough next...
Don't remember me as I was...I was an idiot.

Datra

Just played to E2M4 and I really like it!

E1M1 Observation Deck bumpout is back!
E1M3's newest textures (and new map room... the not secret one) look amazing!
My jaw literally fell open when I saw the windows in E1M4.
And of course, the new diner chef sprite and a remodelled diner building. great work! *applaudes*

Say, that looks like Aroenai's CQ3 icon???
CQHD Community Dev

Manny Cav

I just played through the entire trilogy again. Once again, excellent work! I was especially impressed by E1M3's new texture work, and E1M5's reworking of the hidden rooms at the end, with everything laid out nearly.
R.I.P. The Game
January 3rd, 1937-
January 7th, 2010

Zorchdude

Pinky and the Brain, Brain, Brain, Brain, Brain, Brain, Brain, BRAIN!
Narf.

Manny Cav

I have no idea why that would be. I was able to download it just fine. I just tried it, and it still works for me. Either Chucktropolis was temporarily down, you internet connection doesn't like Chucktropolis, your internet connection spazzed out temporarily, or your web browser doesn't like Chucktropolis.
R.I.P. The Game
January 3rd, 1937-
January 7th, 2010

Batmanifestdestiny

I must now download this!

But first, an important question:  Does chex3.exe work under Wine, or should I just do it through Windows?

please visit my website.

Use the CQ IRC channel!

arch129

Quote from: Batmanifestdestiny on June 27, 2009, 04:01:54 PM
I must now download this!

But first, an important question:  Does chex3.exe work under Wine, or should I just do it through Windows?
I would say do it under Windows, I have no idea if it will work in Wine.

Batmanifestdestiny

I love the new textures!  I especially liked the fact that you killed the pictures in E1M1, and replaced them with ones that weren't ripped from the beginning cutscene.

please visit my website.

Use the CQ IRC channel!

Lee-king

New textures, eh? I'll have to look deeper into this... XD

Manny Cav

Quote from: Batmanifestdestiny on June 27, 2009, 06:06:18 PM
I love the new textures!  I especially liked the fact that you killed the pictures in E1M1, and replaced them with ones that weren't ripped from the beginning cutscene.
If I didn't know better, I'd say that there was one non-Boingo picture in there.
R.I.P. The Game
January 3rd, 1937-
January 7th, 2010