Boingo and TUCQ Appreciation Thread

Started by Chukker, April 29, 2009, 08:36:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChexCommander

"I don't cook, either. Not as long as they still deliver pizza." -Tiger Woods

arch129

Quote from: Chukker on June 14, 2009, 12:29:35 AM
Does anyone know if there is a way in ZDoom to get the same effect on a linedef? Ideally I want both the ceiling and wall glass to have the same visual effect.

I have used transparent lines in GZDooM about a billion times already, but I'm not sure if you can do that in ZDoom.

Try Action 208 Translucent Line.

Replica

Yes, you can do that in ZDoom, just as you said.
I know what you're thinking. No, I don't like peanut butter.

If I had to choose between the real world or the Chex Quest Fan forums; I'd choose the Chex Quest fan forums.

Chukker

Quote from: arch129 on June 14, 2009, 02:26:09 PM

I have used transparent lines in GZDooM about a billion times already, but I'm not sure if you can do that in ZDoom.

Try Action 208 Translucent Line.

Yeah, that totally worked. Thanks for the tip!

arch129

Quote from: Chukker on June 14, 2009, 03:37:56 PM
Yeah, that totally worked. Thanks for the tip!

I can't wait to see the wall with the new transparent windows. ^^

Manny Cav

I have a question about something I found in various Chex Quest 3 materials. in the Chex Quest Doom Builder configuration files and in other places in chex3.wad, I see references to an actor called "FlemoidusCommonusV3." What is this actor, and what purpose does it serve?
R.I.P. The Game
January 3rd, 1937-
January 7th, 2010

The Slimeinator

It's the Commonus actor within the Chex Quest 3 wad.
Sometimes you've got to go where everybody knows your name.

James 1:5

Manny Cav

If that's the case, then why isn't there a BipedicusV3, CycloptisV3, etc.?
R.I.P. The Game
January 3rd, 1937-
January 7th, 2010

The Slimeinator

Because of the names of the internal actors of the Zdoom/GZdoom CQ compatibility... I think. :)

Chukker

That is actually something Graf did when he made the decorate changes from my first release of CQ3, which had the definitions inside of zdoom.pk3. ZDoom differentiates the chex1 and chex3 versions because of a difference in their sound definitions I believe.

Manny Cav

I'm still puzzled why there isn't such a version of the Bipedicus or other similar Flemoids.
R.I.P. The Game
January 3rd, 1937-
January 7th, 2010

Lee-king

Amen =:-) Version 1.3 and still moving right along! Good way to conclude a hard working Monday.

I rise my glass to Mr. Jacobi, the CQ fans, and especially the restored chef in the first stage of episode 2. The other changes are nice too.

matthias720

Quote from: Lee-king on June 16, 2009, 01:58:16 AM
Amen =:-) Version 1.3 and still moving right along! Good way to conclude a hard working Monday.

I rise my glass to Mr. Jacobi, the CQ fans, and especially the restored chef in the first stage of episode 2. The other changes are nice too.
Hear, hear.  *raises glass*
:whale :caineware :ninjaware :whale :caineware :ninjaware

Replica

I think it would be better if the chef was slimed, instead of standing there and smiling. He just looks so out of place!
I know what you're thinking. No, I don't like peanut butter.

If I had to choose between the real world or the Chex Quest Fan forums; I'd choose the Chex Quest fan forums.

The Slimeinator

He looks more distressed to me. It looks like he's staring at his spoon to me.