Boingo and TUCQ Appreciation Thread

Started by Chukker, April 29, 2009, 08:36:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

matthias720

Quote from: The Slimeinator on June 16, 2009, 05:05:21 PM
He looks more distressed to me. It looks like he's staring at his spoon to me.
Maybe it's his bootspoon...
:whale :caineware :ninjaware :whale :caineware :ninjaware

ChexCommander

That just reminded me.....the Chef would be a totally awesome Skulltag skin. If only we had sprites...
"I don't cook, either. Not as long as they still deliver pizza." -Tiger Woods

Atariangamer

:facepalm:

any ideas to what comes next? a fix to the building on E2M3 would be nice...as it is an EPIC addition
Don't remember me as I was...I was an idiot.

arch129

Quote from: Atariangamer on June 16, 2009, 10:29:41 PM
a fix to the building on E2M3 would be nice...as it is an EPIC addition

I don't see a problem with it. o_o

Manny Cav

Quote from: arch129 on June 17, 2009, 12:07:55 AM

I posted the bug in the Tech Support topic. If you view it at a long distance [the end of the level outside of the maze is a great place to do so], the renderer makes the building "warp" around.
R.I.P. The Game
January 3rd, 1937-
January 7th, 2010

Anonymous (ChexGuy331)

Ah, the rounded observation deck in E1M1. Epic.

Replica

Quote from: Manny Cav on June 17, 2009, 10:56:03 AM

I posted the bug in the Tech Support topic. If you view it at a long distance [the end of the level outside of the maze is a great place to do so], the renderer makes the building "warp" around.

What do you mean "Warp"? Does the building get distorted? If so, then this is probably a Zdoom software render, you should play it in GZDoom if you don't like it. :P
I know what you're thinking. No, I don't like peanut butter.

If I had to choose between the real world or the Chex Quest Fan forums; I'd choose the Chex Quest fan forums.

Atariangamer

i think its an LOD thing...you're so far away, its trying to render it not as important, but it looks weird...

Manny Cav

Quote from: Replica on June 19, 2009, 09:18:11 AM
Quote from: Manny Cav on June 17, 2009, 10:56:03 AM

What do you mean "Warp"? Does the building get distorted? If so, then this is probably a Zdoom software render, you should play it in GZDoom if you don't like it. :P
The game needs to work with the EXE provided.
R.I.P. The Game
January 3rd, 1937-
January 7th, 2010

Replica

*Cough* Chukker isn't a programmer *cough* (Or, at least I don't think he knows how to change the rendering!)

If I had to choose between the real world or the Chex Quest Fan forums; I'd choose the Chex Quest fan forums.

Manny Cav

I never suggested that. I'm thinking he may need to alter the building somehow. Maybe monkey with the distance, the size, texturing, anything to see if the problem can be fixed. The warping seems to occur only when it's viewed at a certain distance, so the distance is the first thing I would check out.
R.I.P. The Game
January 3rd, 1937-
January 7th, 2010

Chukker

I tried fooling with that particular error for a bit. It's unfortunately a known bug when viewing into stacked sectors from a great distance with ZDoom/GZDoom. The error occurs with those exes as well. I was able to avoid similiar problems with E2M1 by adding extra turns in the hallways before you look into the stacked sector, but the hedge maze would take some significant redesign to fix the issue. I really want to keep the visible exterior of the museum in the level as well as allowing the player to see the maze from above, so I might have to live with this particular bug.

Atariangamer

i'm wondering...is the outside all one big sector (or at least connected?) if so, you might could do something about building the outside sector into the building instead of making tricks with it...

or maybe...if you could make a custom skybox, and have it line up with the map...

Replica

I'm not sure what you guys are talking about, which building is warped?