Boingo and TUCQ Appreciation Thread

Started by Chukker, April 29, 2009, 08:36:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Atariangamer

In E2M3, the Museum. He added a faux front to the building. if you go to the right at the beginning, you can see straight through to the maze. once you get to the maze, the building doesn't render right if you look at it.
Don't remember me as I was...I was an idiot.

Replica

That? That's not really a big deal that you guys are making it to be. Why is it even a stacked sector anyway?
I know what you're thinking. No, I don't like peanut butter.

If I had to choose between the real world or the Chex Quest Fan forums; I'd choose the Chex Quest fan forums.

Manny Cav

Here's a screenshot of the building. After looking at it some, the best solution would likely be to either make the outside building less tall, or to put a ceiling and roof in the final maze, since the rendering error can only be witnessed from within the end of the maze.
R.I.P. The Game
January 3rd, 1937-
January 7th, 2010

Replica

I suggest faking the walls, making them ceilings that fall to the ground, instead of stacked sectors.

If I had to choose between the real world or the Chex Quest Fan forums; I'd choose the Chex Quest fan forums.

arch129

There's no problem with the stacked sectors.

The problem is that you are all playing in GZDoom, the stacked sectors don't work that well in GZDoom, in ZDoom or Chex3.exe the building looks right.

Try it for your self.

Replica

arch129

Well in GZDoom it looks horrible up close, but In the chex3.wad the building looks fine up close.

I never tried looking at it from that distance before in chex3.exe before.

Manny Cav

Quote from: arch129 on June 19, 2009, 07:20:02 PM
Well in GZDoom it looks horrible up close, but In the chex3.wad the building looks fine up close.

That's exactly the problem we've been talking about. The building warps at a distance. Check my screenshot to see what distance.

By the way, I always use chex3.exe, for my screenshots, bug reports, general play-through, and everything else.
R.I.P. The Game
January 3rd, 1937-
January 7th, 2010

arch129

Quote from: Manny Cav on June 19, 2009, 07:22:18 PM
Quote from: arch129 on June 19, 2009, 07:20:02 PM

That's exactly the problem we've been talking about. The building warps at a distance. Check my screenshot to see what distance.

By the way, I always use chex3.exe, for my screenshots, bug reports, general play-through, and everything else.
I see the problem now.

My suggestion is let this alone till an engine like ZDoom finds a solution to this bug 'cause I don't want the building to be changed of how awesome it looks with the stacked sector.

Manny Cav

The faux building can't be moved like I suggested before due to the fact that it's built directly near the level, and moving it would look very strange. My two best suggestions are to make the building shorter (that probably won't work, either) or put a roof over the entire maze, or a canopy over any sections of the maze where the warping can be seen.
R.I.P. The Game
January 3rd, 1937-
January 7th, 2010

Atariangamer

I was suggesting an actual faux front...only problem would be the little entry way would be covered by a huge building too, and not just a flat ceiling...I may break out doom builder and show what I mean...

Chukker

Barring any sort of really bad bug, this will likely be the last update for some time. I have some other projects around the house I want to concentrate on. The exe has been recompiled to fix a few things and to update to the latest ZDoom source code.

Version 1.4 changes

- updated source code to ZDoom version 2.3.1
- "mikekoenigs" and "scottholman" cheats are now consistent with original chex.exe
- flem mine slam no longer hurts flemoids
- Removed unnecessary IFOG lumps
- Adjusted exterior window pane visual effects in E1M4
- Fixed missing LAZ Device from boss room in E1M5
- Blocked monsters from using the lift near the red key in E2M1
- All monster caches in E2M5 have been turned into player-activated traps
- New textures and details added throughout

PS the Doombuilder and Doombuilder2 config files have also been updated to fix the naming errors Manny mentioned and the source is also updated to the latest. Here are all the links:

Chex Quest 3 v1.4   http://www.chucktropolis.com/downloads/ChexQuest3.zip
Chex Quest 3 Doombuilder configuration   http://www.chucktropolis.com/downloads/ZDoom_Chex3.cfg
Chex Quest 3 Doombuilder 2 configuration   http://www.chucktropolis.com/downloads/ZDoom_Chex3_DB2.cfg
Chex Quest 3 source code   http://www.chucktropolis.com/downloads/chex3_zdoom.zip

arch129

Yet another winner of an update! :D

* Things I love about Version 1.4 *

-E1M3's New Circle Room in Yellow Key Part
-E1M3's Big wall of slime
-E1M3's New Textures
-E1M4's New windows
-E1M4's Vine covered walls
-E1M4's Maze Lights Wins! ^^

Atariangamer

i only got to e1m3, but i've noticed little things that make the game awesome. i bet everything else is pwnz too...

another epic release!

matthias720

:whale :caineware :ninjaware :whale :caineware :ninjaware