Chex Quest Recreation

Started by ChexCommander, May 07, 2009, 08:32:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChexCommander

Hey guys, I've had this recurring theme going on in my mind, and it just hit me at dinner.

I know the lounge is kinda the point, but we need more recreation in Chex Quest, at least for multiplayer.  We need sports, and ways to have fun besides zorching. I know this may be hard or nearly impossible to do, but it would be so awesome to shoot baskets and play volleyball in a CQ Park, wouldn't it?

And racing. Racing. I'd love to have a racetrack in Chex Quest. Chex Kart, anyone?

I realize this is straying far from the intent of CQ, but I just say we should expand our horizons.  It's just an idea, anyways.
"I don't cook, either. Not as long as they still deliver pizza." -Tiger Woods

Manny Cav

Is this a fan project you plan on working on, or should I just ship this to Chex Quest Discussion or Chex Quest Multiplayer?

Speaking of recreation in Chex Quest, Boingo tried something called DooM Soccer, though this project is one of many projects of Boingo that has quietly died over the years.
R.I.P. The Game
January 3rd, 1937-
January 7th, 2010

Atariangamer

Soccer in an FPS has NEVER worked well.

Chex Kart could very well be a reality. The 'dreaded' SPACEDM5 pack has an FZERO map near the end that has you speeding down the lanes and shooting each other as you go. only problem: the jumps will EASILY kill you ><

but hey, we could do something with this.
Don't remember me as I was...I was an idiot.

Josh

I one time made a chex quest arena with this type of stuff in it i lost it though.

ChexCommander

Quote from: Manny Cav on May 07, 2009, 09:18:38 PM
Is this a fan project you plan on working on, or should I just ship this to Chex Quest Discussion or Chex Quest Multiplayer?

Speaking of recreation in Chex Quest, Boingo tried something called DooM Soccer, though this project is one of many projects of Boingo that has quietly died over the years.

Then again, unless I get some real motivation, it's prolly not gonna be me working on it. Community project, anyone?

Sooo....maybe this should go in CQ Discussion until we get something down?

Manny Cav

Moved to Chex Quest Discussion. You can post in Early Development when you have an actual project in the works.
R.I.P. The Game
January 3rd, 1937-
January 7th, 2010

ChexCommander

Alice Jameson

I'm actually fairly interested in this.
(\__/) | This is Bunny.
(O.o ) | Copy Bunny into your signature to help
(> < ) | him on his way to world domination!

noob1234

Chex Kart would be awesome! (ima big fan of racing games)

GameMaster

JDWolfe

Anybody ever heard of a bound game? Where you have to skillfully manuever through obstacles that are either stationary or moving, or flashing 'on and off' without touching them? Touching them usually kills you, or teleports you back to start in these maps. ;)

matthias720

:whale :caineware :ninjaware :whale :caineware :ninjaware

JDWolfe

'N'? Talk about your random post. :P

matthias720

N is not random.  It's a game much like you described.  Download it here.
:whale :caineware :ninjaware :whale :caineware :ninjaware

ChexCommander

N is a sweet platformer game. It's kinda is like what you described, but 2D.