I have an idea.....

Started by Chex MangaCat, May 11, 2009, 11:04:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The way I saw it, was the flemoids just put slime on you, covering you. When your health hit zero, you're covered to the point where you can no longer move, and thus immobilized and uselessl somebody can save you.

As for why breakfast cereals can somehow get the slime off you, I have no clue. Maybe he gets more energy to fight off the slime?

@Chexy, you need not put "sincerely", unlike a letter, this is a discussion and thus has no end, so there's no need for a closing. It's your call though, of course.  ;) Nice to see somebody who types well, though!
"Give us those nice bright colors, give us the greens of summer, makes you think all the world's a sunny day."

You can find me on the CQFF discord: https://discord.gg/AgNhjem

Chexy

Quote from: 75 on May 20, 2009, 12:50:09 AM
The way I saw it, was the flemoids just put slime on you, covering you. When your health hit zero, you're covered to the point where you can no longer move, and thus immobilized and uselessl somebody can save you.

As for why breakfast cereals can somehow get the slime off you, I have no clue. Maybe he gets more energy to fight off the slime?

@Chexy, you need not put "sincerely", unlike a letter, this is a discussion and thus has no end, so there's no need for a closing. It's your call though, of course.  ;) Nice to see somebody who types well, though!

Dear 75,

To your first and second points: the game talks about mutations. So, I figure the slime causes you to mutate into a Flemoid-like being, and at 0% health you become a flemoid convert. This is different than an actual flemoid, because you can be saved by others with zorching and or health food, which answers your second point.

Of course, the pictures of health we see in the status bar reflect something else, so your mileage may vary! :D

As to your third point, thanks for the compliment! :) When I arrived here, I decided it was appropriate for me to be extra-courteous to a group of people who have slaved away for years on Chex Quest, and here I come downloading all their mods and throwing up my opinions like they matter.

Besides that, with my 20th post, I now post my salutations in my signature. So, there. :P
Sincerely,

Chexy

Chex MangaCat

Gosh darn........ Superchex sez that it's like the Flood from Halo and he could program something like that, BLAH BLAH....
GEORGIE! GEORGIE! GEORGIE! GEORGIE! GEORGIE!

Manny Cav

Hahaha. Do I even want to know...? I mean, Super Chex....?
R.I.P. The Game
January 3rd, 1937-
January 7th, 2010

ChexCommander

Quote from: Manny Cav on May 26, 2009, 12:05:24 PM
Hahaha. Do I even want to know...? I mean, Super Chex....?

Haha, true that.
"I don't cook, either. Not as long as they still deliver pizza." -Tiger Woods

Quote from: Chex MangaCat on May 26, 2009, 11:11:29 AM
Gosh darn........ Superchex sez that it's like the Flood from Halo and he could program something like that, BLAH BLAH....

heh?

What now about halo?  ???
"Give us those nice bright colors, give us the greens of summer, makes you think all the world's a sunny day."

You can find me on the CQFF discord: https://discord.gg/AgNhjem

ChexCommander

Quote from: Chexguy331's Signature...Halo Fanboys! THEY SUCK!
"I don't cook, either. Not as long as they still deliver pizza." -Tiger Woods

Loremaster

Quote from: Manny Cav on May 19, 2009, 11:20:17 PM
The science of Chex Quest has been a much debated subject, with Loremaster usually leading the helm.

Muhuhuhahahahaha!!! I'm the expert, apparently. Doesn't that make me feel..... really really pathetic, actually. Almost a bad as someone who writes World of Warcraft history without being paid by Blizzard...

Slimeing is exactly what it sounds like. You become covered in slime.

Canon states that Flemoids feed off nutritional substances, most especially Cereal. Considering the Chex Warrior and all other allies are giant, living pieces of cereal.... they want to eat you. The slimeing is similar to how a spider treats its meals, in a way. They immobilize you in slime, and take you back to where they keep their food for later consumption.

Because you are not actually injured, the idea of food "healing" you is a misnomer. I would assume it is as 75 said: the nutrition of the food gives you strength to get the slime off of you. Explains why water is such a small boost [not much strength there] while a complete breakfast is such a massive boost [you know how good you feel after a good breakfast].

Wow, do I feel like a nerd now. S'what I get for still playing this game after all these years.

Chexy, at what point does the game talk about mutations?
Did we really just spend the last decade talking about Chex Quest? Yes. Yes we did.

I regret nothing!

Manny Cav

A lot of online material I've seen from the same websites that claimed Chex Quest 3 (stolen) was an official beta stated that the Flemoids are cereal people that went through the milk dimension or something like that, and came back as Flemoids. As far as the games go, I've never seen them state anything about mutation.

EDIT: The information appears on Chex Quest Wiki, and Doomworld says the same thing. HOTUD in turn copied Doomworld's review/explanation (albeit with credit). HOTUD's reviews get plagiarized around the internet, so their explanation has appeared on several other small and large gaming websites.
R.I.P. The Game
January 3rd, 1937-
January 7th, 2010

matthias720

Quote from: Manny Cav on May 28, 2009, 07:35:47 PM
A lot of online material I've seen from the same websites that claimed Chex Quest 3 was an official beta stated that the Flemoids are cereal people that went through the milk dimension or something like that, and came back as Flemoids. As far as the games go, I've never seen them state anything about mutation.
XD Where do people get such wild ideas? ::)
:whale :caineware :ninjaware :whale :caineware :ninjaware

Manny Cav

Post edit. I meant to say Chex Quest 3 (stolen). When one says Chex Quest 3, they should be referring to the real thing.
R.I.P. The Game
January 3rd, 1937-
January 7th, 2010

matthias720

I knew what you meant, Manny. ;)
:whale :caineware :ninjaware :whale :caineware :ninjaware

Chex MangaCat

Okay, I lost you there a while back.... (Confused! AAAAHHHH!)
GEORGIE! GEORGIE! GEORGIE! GEORGIE! GEORGIE!

Super Chex

Meep! Hey thith! ;D
BTW, I don't know if this will work. But it might!
:D :p

Manny Cav

So THAT'S why Chex_MangaCat referred to you. You two must know each other.
R.I.P. The Game
January 3rd, 1937-
January 7th, 2010