I have an idea.....

Started by Chex MangaCat, May 11, 2009, 11:04:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Datra

very true. FPS's are hard enough as is. BUT! I have heard rumors about people successfully replicating pOrtal on the same 3D program I have, so there is hope.
CQHD Community Dev

The Slimeinator

Trust me. Don't try Portal Chex Quest. I tried that before. Didn't turn out too well.
Sometimes you've got to go where everybody knows your name.

James 1:5

Atariangamer

I see nothing to connect Portal to CQ. Flemoids wouldn't really fit in, and really, designing the puzzles in those games takes time.
Don't remember me as I was...I was an idiot.

Datra

well there is this.

this is only a test prototype and is not quite as glamorous as the real pOrtal. but it shows that it is indeed possible.
I do have a link to another file that has portals with smoother object-thru-portal transitions (and where you could see through them) and will be getting once the site recovers from maintenence.
CQHD Community Dev

Replica

That's a scripting mess in Zdoom. There was a mod for ZDoom though, that shot "Portal" as in teleporter portals that teleported the player. You couldn't specify the wall types though.
I know what you're thinking. No, I don't like peanut butter.

If I had to choose between the real world or the Chex Quest Fan forums; I'd choose the Chex Quest fan forums.

Atariangamer

Did you notice he's talking about blender? Doing anything NEAR real portal in doom would require mass recoding.

I dont really think ZPortal is the best representation of Portal in Doom, but it works well enough to be fun.
Don't remember me as I was...I was an idiot.