I have an idea.....

Started by Chex MangaCat, May 11, 2009, 11:04:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chexy

Quote from: Loremaster on May 28, 2009, 07:31:09 PM
Muhuhuhahahahaha!!! I'm the expert, apparently. Doesn't that make me feel..... really really pathetic, actually. Almost a bad as someone who writes World of Warcraft history without being paid by Blizzard...

Slimeing is exactly what it sounds like. You become covered in slime.

Canon states that Flemoids feed off nutritional substances, most especially Cereal. Considering the Chex Warrior and all other allies are giant, living pieces of cereal.... they want to eat you. The slimeing is similar to how a spider treats its meals, in a way. They immobilize you in slime, and take you back to where they keep their food for later consumption.

Because you are not actually injured, the idea of food "healing" you is a misnomer. I would assume it is as 75 said: the nutrition of the food gives you strength to get the slime off of you. Explains why water is such a small boost [not much strength there] while a complete breakfast is such a massive boost [you know how good you feel after a good breakfast].

Wow, do I feel like a nerd now. S'what I get for still playing this game after all these years.

That sounds like pretty sound logic there, Loremaster. I bow at your Chextacular wisdom. :D

Quote from: Loremaster on May 28, 2009, 07:31:09 PMChexy, at what point does the game talk about mutations?

When you step in slime pools or rivers, depending on the mod you're in, the game says something along these lines:

"Player sunk into slime"
"Player got covered in goo"
"Player mutated"

Now that I've reconsidered the point of sliming, I'm assuming that the "mutation" is a relic from the DOOM engine and the DOOM game.

Still, it makes me wonder what the slime pools do themselves. Why are some slime pools more harmful than others, and why do some not harm you at all? What does a Slimeproof suit do? An Invincibility item? An invisibility item? A Super Bootspoon (alternately, the Berserk item)?

Lots of questions.
Sincerely,

Chexy

Replica

1.) Right you are Ken. It's from doom.

2.) They're more harmful because of modding errors. You can probably tell by the slime type, but the modders just throw in a special, which happens to be different then the other pools.

3.) Allows you to walk on any hurtful floors.

4.) There is none in CQ.

5.) The super boot spoon is a replacement for the Chainsaw. There is no berserk.
I know what you're thinking. No, I don't like peanut butter.

If I had to choose between the real world or the Chex Quest Fan forums; I'd choose the Chex Quest fan forums.

Manny Cav

The Super Bootspoon is my replacement for the Berserk. The Super Bootspork replaces the Doom chainsaw. Really, there aren't any official replacements for the berserk, invincibility, invulnerability.
R.I.P. The Game
January 3rd, 1937-
January 7th, 2010

Chex MangaCat

This is getting  extremely boring, except for the part where Superchex came in. Oh, and yes, Manny Cav, we know eachother. ALLO, SUPAHCHEX! What's up, old chap?
GEORGIE! GEORGIE! GEORGIE! GEORGIE! GEORGIE!

Manny Cav

Extremely boring? My dear, we have just started digging deep into the science of Chex Quest. This is serious now. ;D
R.I.P. The Game
January 3rd, 1937-
January 7th, 2010

matthias720

Maybe we should have a section under "General Chex Quest Discussion" for all of the CQ canon.  Things like CQ characters, time lines, scientific theory, etc...
:whale :caineware :ninjaware :whale :caineware :ninjaware

Replica

Quote from: Manny Cav on May 30, 2009, 06:47:18 PM
Extremely boring? My dear, we have just started digging deep into the science of Chex Quest. This is serious now. ;D
[Manny Quote] You hit the nail on the head right there. Or something. [/Manny]

If I had to choose between the real world or the Chex Quest Fan forums; I'd choose the Chex Quest fan forums.

ChexCommander

Yeah, seriously. This is getting quite interesting (not that it wasn't already...XD).
"I don't cook, either. Not as long as they still deliver pizza." -Tiger Woods

Chex MangaCat

I will take a bazooka to whoever calls me "my dear" again. I don't take very kindly to stuff like that, whoever it is. Also I didn't know 18 year olds spoke like that. And, getting into the heart of things is very uninteresting to me, except for peoples minds. I like messing with people's brains.
GEORGIE! GEORGIE! GEORGIE! GEORGIE! GEORGIE!

Replica

Then you'll like House! ;D He literally messes with people's brains. XD

Manny Cav

Quote from: Chex MangaCat on June 06, 2009, 05:24:01 PM
I will take a bazooka to whoever calls me "my dear" again. I don't take very kindly to stuff like that, whoever it is. Also I didn't know 18 year olds spoke like that. And, getting into the heart of things is very uninteresting to me, except for peoples minds. I like messing with people's brains.
Hee hee, okay. I was just trying to be nice.
R.I.P. The Game
January 3rd, 1937-
January 7th, 2010

Quote from: ChexCommander on June 02, 2009, 08:01:19 PM

Yeah, seriously. This is getting quite interesting (not that it wasn't already...XD).

Agreed

Quote from: Chex MangaCat on May 30, 2009, 03:45:34 PM
This is getting  extremely boring, except for the part where Superchex came in. Oh, and yes, Manny Cav, we know eachother. ALLO, SUPAHCHEX! What's up, old chap?

speak for yourself! Clearly we think this topic is interesting because we're posting about it. If you don't like what we're talking about, don't read/reply to the topic. I find the girl topic disgusting, but I don't spam it.

If you want to get back on topic, post something new or post something pertinent to what you originally stated. Don't post something merely complaining about where the thread went, that's useless. If you've got something new to add, say it.

Basically, if you want to change the subject, make sure you know what you want to change it to ;)
"Give us those nice bright colors, give us the greens of summer, makes you think all the world's a sunny day."

You can find me on the CQFF discord: https://discord.gg/AgNhjem

ChexCommander

Also I didn't know 18 year olds spoke like that.

Trust me, Manny Cav is not your ordinary 18-year-old.  ;)

Also, I thought "my dear" was a suitable expression for you. You are 12 years old, after all.
"I don't cook, either. Not as long as they still deliver pizza." -Tiger Woods

Batmanifestdestiny

Quote from: ChexCommander on June 07, 2009, 06:37:07 PM
Also I didn't know 18 year olds spoke like that.

Trust me, Manny Cav is not your ordinary 18-year-old.  ;)

Also, I thought "my dear" was a suitable expression for you. You are 12 years old, after all.
12, 18, the only difference is whether or not you're graduating ;)

but if we're talking science here, then what's the cellular structure of slime?

please visit my website.

Use the CQ IRC channel!

matthias720

Quote from: Batmanifestdestiny on June 08, 2009, 10:15:37 AM
but if we're talking science here, then what's the cellular structure of slime?
Uninteresting :D (JK)
:whale :caineware :ninjaware :whale :caineware :ninjaware