I have an idea.....

Started by Chex MangaCat, May 11, 2009, 11:04:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: matthias720 on June 08, 2009, 11:08:44 AM
Quote from: Batmanifestdestiny on June 08, 2009, 10:15:37 AM
but if we're talking science here, then what's the cellular structure of slime?
Uninteresting :D (JK)

XD

are you assuming slime is alive? That's interesting.... maybe it would be something like a large amoeba, and the slime covers you and digests you?

If it's not alive, I'd say it would be something like gack - some kind of amorphous solid or a polymer with a very low melting temperature
"Give us those nice bright colors, give us the greens of summer, makes you think all the world's a sunny day."

You can find me on the CQFF discord: https://discord.gg/AgNhjem

ChexCommander

Well, on the children's spectrum, which is what CQ was originally intended for, slime was exactly what it looked like: green gobs of sticky goo that covered you.

On a deeper spectrum, slime, well, it still seems to me like what it would be to kids. I'm a youth at heart.  ;D
"I don't cook, either. Not as long as they still deliver pizza." -Tiger Woods

Manny Cav

Quote from: ChexCommander on June 09, 2009, 07:06:08 PM
Well, on the children's spectrum, which is what CQ was originally intended for, slime was exactly what it looked like: green gobs of sticky goo that covered you.
Actually, the green stuff was meant to be snot, and may still be. As such, the concepts depicted it as being yellow, but Doom's limiting palette made green much more practical. Technically speaking, the snot is mis-colored, but it's mostly been re-branded as slime because of this.
R.I.P. The Game
January 3rd, 1937-
January 7th, 2010

ChexCommander

Well yeah, if it had been yellow, mucus would've been a more acceptable term, but the green coloring looks much more like slime.

Chex MangaCat

(Laughs and smiles) Ah. So I have caused chaos with words. For some reason the graduating subject made me think about the fact that I'm going to college when I'm 17. (To get a Ph.d in acting or language arts.) I do like house, but I only manage to watch it about once a year, with school-work and all. The subject Manny and 75 are talking about made me blush. And I do not easily blush, for my mind is unusually resistant and strong. (Again smiles faintly) Anyway, the reason I thought of this whole idea is becuase my favorite animals are:
1. otters,
2.wolves,
3.hawks,
4.horses. and
5. hummingbirds.
I like things that are free. I love the sea, too. But, the whole flemoid idea really contradicts my whole idea of freedom, for the animals then become mindless monsters.

Oh, and 75, if you don't like talking about girls, then don't. (Grins)
GEORGIE! GEORGIE! GEORGIE! GEORGIE! GEORGIE!

ChexCommander

Ooh, burned by the female youth!  ;D

That's cool. I'm graduating at 17 as well (I skipped a grade). You do know it'll be 8 years and a thesis (a book you have to write) and a lot of work to get a Ph.D, right? I'm going for a Master's, at least.

Quote from: Chex MangaCat on June 18, 2009, 09:10:32 PM

Oh, and 75, if you don't like talking about girls, then don't. (Grins)

I don't talk about girls. I prefer to talk to them.

Besides, I have a gf so I don't really The girl topic anyway.

So wait..... how does talking about flemoids make you blush?
"Give us those nice bright colors, give us the greens of summer, makes you think all the world's a sunny day."

Chex MangaCat

(Looks coldly at 75's post) I wasn't talking about that, 75. Hey, ChexCommander, I am writing a book to publish right now. I love writing, dude. Also, my dad says it will take 6 years to get a master's degree, and an extra year to get a Ph.d. I really don't care what I have to write.

My flemoid idea is kind of strange. I got kinda inspired by my bro, who was drawing chex mice for me. (Trust me, the whole thing's strange to me now. I was about 5 years old then.)

I see...

well if that's how you want to handle this....

GameMaster

Reading this whole thread just made me LULZ.

ChexCommander

Quote from: Chex MangaCat on June 26, 2009, 03:52:21 PM
(Looks coldly at 75's post) I wasn't talking about that, 75. Hey, ChexCommander, I am writing a book to publish right now. I love writing, dude. Also, my dad says it will take 6 years to get a master's degree, and an extra year to get a Ph.d. I really don't care what I have to write.

Writing a book at your age? That's inspiring. Hope you get it done. Would you mind sending me an excerpt?

And your father is correct. 6 for a Master's, and an extra 1 or 2 to get the Ph.D.

Chex MangaCat

(Luaghs)  ;) Okay. I might, ChexCommander. My book is hopefully going to be for both boys and girls, from ages 10 to 100. (Giggles) It's based on a teenage girl, though, which will make it complicated. Also, Iv'e had writers block for awhile. But I WILL NOT GIVE UP! I'm gonna give my friends a free copy. Maybe you guys, too, if ya want one.

My Chexquest idea was just a wild one, one based upon random thoughts in my head. I needed one, so I just said it, and hoped you would like it. It's not that great. I'll try to improve it.

AH! Maybe the flemoids have pets! After all, the flemoids aren't quite brainless, are they? I think somewhere one of them spoke. I'll try to draw my idea.

GameMaster

Quote from: Chex MangaCat on June 29, 2009, 02:29:08 PM
AH! Maybe the flemoids have pets! After all, the flemoids aren't quite brainless, are they? I think somewhere one of them spoke. I'll try to draw my idea.

Atariangamer

in several mods, they talk...but in the cannon CQ, they havent...
Don't remember me as I was...I was an idiot.

ChexCommander

Quote from: Atariangamer on June 29, 2009, 10:34:16 PM
in several mods, they talk...but in the cannon CQ, they havent...

And in one, they all just go "WAZZUP!!!"  ;D