Chex Quest 3 is now available for download!!!

Started by Chukker, September 06, 2008, 06:41:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zorchdude

Pinky and the Brain, Brain, Brain, Brain, Brain, Brain, Brain, BRAIN!
Narf.

Enjay

I'll happily upload them, but I thought I'd hold off until finding out about the E3M3 thing.  My sugestion for a fix BTW would be to put a switch up on the wall of the balcony.  This would open the door back on the street that would allow the player to go back down to the street and into the blue key courtyard through the building.

If that is acceptable, I'll do it (or an alternative).  If not, I'll upload what I have.

arch129

I like the orignal route better, maybe you can make a step so you can get of the balcony with out jumping?

Enjay

:D

LOL, yes, that would be far more sensible wouldn't it?  Just like me to get an enormous sledgehammer to break a tiny nut. I don't suppose anyone would object to a modification like that.  I'll do it. Thanks.

arch129

Quote from: Enjay on September 14, 2008, 02:08:41 PM
:D

LOL, yes, that would be far more sensible wouldn't it?  Just like me to get an enormous sledgehammer to break a tiny nut. I don't suppose anyone would object to a modification like that.  I'll do it. Thanks.

He he, yes it would. ^^

Enjay

Acceptable?  Normally I wouldn't check for such a minor mod, but seeing as how it's not actually my map...

I didn't put the step all the way around because the barrier height has been set to 25 units - clearly intended to stop the player going over the edge by accident.

So, I'll hang off for a little bit just in case anyone comes up with anything else that needs to be addressed then I'll upload it.

I notice, for example, that there are a lot of doors where the doortracks move but a) that might be intended b) it doesn't break gameplay at all and c) unless it was viewed as being important to change, I wouldn't bother searching through the maps to find them all.  Mind you, I guess I could get them all done within half an hour.  There aren't that many levels or doors.  Best to leave it alone though?

Replica

Personally, I thought you we're suposed to run back through the door, after opening it.
I know what you're thinking. No, I don't like peanut butter.

If I had to choose between the real world or the Chex Quest Fan forums; I'd choose the Chex Quest fan forums.

Manny Cav

Hi, Enjay! We're discussing Chex Quest 3 bugs and technical difficulties in the topic here, so please post your discoveries there instead of here. Also, so as to not cause conflicts and confusion with Chukker's new releases uploaded at http://www.chucktropolis.com/gamers.htm, it would be best to just post your discoveries at the topic I linked you to so Chukker can update and upload new releases himself.
R.I.P. The Game
January 3rd, 1937-
January 7th, 2010

Enjay

The door that allows you on to the balcony (2) is opened via a switch in a nearby room (1).  You have to run to that.  However, once you are on the balcony, that door can close behind you and there is no way other than switch (1) to open it so if you can't get over the balcony wall, you will be trapped in the balcony area.

Also, switch (1) opens the balcony access door (2), but that's all it does so, if you cant get over the balcony wall, there is still no way into the blue key courtyard.

The room that you go through to get out of the courtyard has a door (3) that is only openable from the courtyard side, again implying that you have to get to it via the balcony.

Manny Cav

R.I.P. The Game
January 3rd, 1937-
January 7th, 2010

Enjay

Quote from: Manny Cav on September 14, 2008, 04:33:49 PM
Did you read my above post there? :)

Yes I did, I've just finished typing a maga-post in the thread you linked me to.  Thanks. :)

TheMasterOfBattle

Okay, I finally found the time to play it.  It ROCKS!

Forgotten I may be, my legend will live on.

Chukker

Quote from: Enjay on September 14, 2008, 02:29:22 PM
Acceptable?  Normally I wouldn't check for such a minor mod, but seeing as how it's not actually my map...

I didn't put the step all the way around because the barrier height has been set to 25 units - clearly intended to stop the player going over the edge by accident.

I like this solution as I was trying to minimize the need for jumping since it was never a possibility in the original Chex game.

Captain Ventris

Quote from: Chukker on September 15, 2008, 12:08:07 AM
Quote from: Enjay on September 14, 2008, 02:29:22 PM

I like this solution as I was trying to minimize the need for jumping since it was never a possibility in the original Chex game.

Although jumping in E3M4 allows you to skip a great chunk of the level from the very start! (The wooden wall near the guard tower)

Manny Cav

Jumping also lets you skip by a lot in some of the original Chex Quest (and Doom, for that matter) levels, so to keep the experience pure, one could simply refrain from jumping (provided the levels are made to not require it, of course).
R.I.P. The Game
January 3rd, 1937-
January 7th, 2010