Chex Quest 3 is now available for download!!!

Started by Chukker, September 06, 2008, 06:41:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheMasterOfBattle

Forgotten I may be, my legend will live on.

Josh

mob720

That would be cool... I like it the way it is now, too though ... I wouldn't mind having everything on CQ3, but keeping the graphics and sprite animations the same would keep the original CQ feel.
Still looking at my maps every now and then...

Zorcher

Is there going to be an official release of this newest ZDoom besides on these forums?  If possible, I'd like to pass the Chex Quest 3 support over to the Skulltag team so they can implement the fixes necessary for this iwad to run on their program as well.  I am a beta-tester for their program, so I'd like to pass this information on.  The Skulltag team members use ZDoom as their base, and with in-game joining, so I'd like to inform them as soon as possible.

Chukker

Download is now updated with Strife's new finale music. It works pretty well I think.

Strife

Quote from: Chukker on September 22, 2008, 12:55:42 PM
Download is now updated with Strife's new finale music. It works pretty well I think.

Thanks. ^_^

Just out of curiosity, has Andrew Benson said anything since you first contacted him? It'll be so cool once he gets the time to fill in the remaining music.

Chukker

No news from Mr. Benson yet. He has his own band projects that I am sure he prefers to spend his composing time working on, so it may be a good while before he gets anything ready.

Strife

Quote from: Chukker on September 22, 2008, 09:31:40 PM
No news from Mr. Benson yet. He has his own band projects that I am sure he prefers to spend his composing time working on, so it may be a good while before he gets anything ready.

Gotcha. Let me know if you need any more filler music. ^^

I'm honestly amazed at the amount of news coverage CQ3 is getting on the internet. o_o I searched for Chex Quest 3 on Google and saw all sorts of articles and forum topics about it. People are going nuts, and they keep talking about how this project brings back fond childhood memories. ^_^ (Though this also means that everyone has downloaded the first version and probably will not check for updated versions, but still, it's sweet.)

Manny Cav

Updates don't actually seem to be advertised on Chucktropolis. Neither the download page or the main page ever say that the file is updated when it is, so people won't have a real reason to download it again unless the look this website over.
R.I.P. The Game
January 3rd, 1937-
January 7th, 2010

Replica

I know what you're thinking. No, I don't like peanut butter.

If I had to choose between the real world or the Chex Quest Fan forums; I'd choose the Chex Quest fan forums.

Captain Ventris

Quote from: Replica on September 29, 2008, 07:16:07 PM
Umm since when did Chucker name it Chexc Quest 3: invasion? http://chexquest.wikia.com/wiki/Chex_Quest_3

Replica, play through Chex 2, and read the ending message, you goob.

Replica

Thats just the episode name you goob. :P The fist chex quest isn't called Rescue on bazoink.

If I had to choose between the real world or the Chex Quest Fan forums; I'd choose the Chex Quest fan forums.

Captain Ventris

Quote from: Replica on September 29, 2008, 08:10:07 PM
Thats just the episode name you goob. :P The fist chex quest isn't called Rescue on bazoink.

Wanna' see something awesome?

Study and be amazed.

Replica

What does doom 2 have to do with CQ3? CQ3 is based off of Ultimate Doom.;)

Captain Ventris

Quote from: Replica on September 29, 2008, 08:20:55 PM
What does doom 2 have to do with CQ3? CQ3 is based off of Ultimate Doom.;)

For some reason, I figured you wouldn't get it. XD

Look through that picture as hard as you can for the words "Hell on Earth". You won't find them. Nonetheless:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doom_II
http://www.mobygames.com/game/doom-ii-hell-on-earth

You don't necessarily put the sub-title of the game on the Title Screen. Chukker has declared that CQ1 is indeed called "Rescue on Bazoik", CQ2 is called "Terror in Chex City", and it is explicitly stated in the new ending text for CQ2 that CQ3 is called "Invasion".

Since they are the same engine, it's not really the same as having the 3 separate games, it's an improvement and extension of the experience, indicated by the the fact that all three episodes in one is called "Chex Quest 3", as if you had added 1 and 2 together.  You can't get CQ3 officially without including the other two. It's a package.

Thus, they are given titles, since CQ3 is the triple episode pack as a whole rather than just the 3rd Episode, in order to be able to refer to them directly. This prevents confusion, also. For example, if I said "CQ1", I could mean either the out-of-the-cereal box version, bugs, differing level architecture, etc., or the first episode of CQ3. So, I could instead say Rescue on Bazoik (I don't know why you folks add an N) to indicate I mean the updated version only. At the same time, context could allow us to use either. Since CQ3 has only one context, this is a correct usage of the sub-title.

So yes, the original CD version of CQ1 is not called Rescue on Bazoik, but the first episode of CQ3 is.