Chex Quest 3 is now available for download!!!

Started by Chukker, September 06, 2008, 06:41:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Replica

Uggg, I hate these kinds of discussions. Chex Quest is named chex Quest. Chex Quest is Chex Quest 2. When Chucker made Chex Quest 3. He wanted to include the first 2 as one game. Like doom had episodes, Chucker wanted CQ3 to be one entire game, so that why it has differant names. The game that your playing is CQ3, and it's three episodes, not differant games in one mod.
I know what you're thinking. No, I don't like peanut butter.

If I had to choose between the real world or the Chex Quest Fan forums; I'd choose the Chex Quest fan forums.

Captain Ventris

Quote from: Replica on September 29, 2008, 09:45:34 PM
Uggg, I hate these kinds of discussions. Chex Quest is named chex Quest. Chex Quest is Chex Quest 2. When Chucker made Chex Quest 3. He wanted to include the first 2 as one game. Like doom had episodes, Chucker wanted CQ3 to be one entire game, so that why it has differant names. The game that your playing is CQ3, and it's three episodes, not differant games in one mod.

Invasion is correct in that situation either way, as it is not indicating the modified original episodes and the third one, but just the third one, which is named Invasion.

Chukker

For the record, the name of the game is simply Chex Quest 3, in keeping with the release of the first sequel which was just named Chex Quest 2. The 2nd episode name "Terror in Chex City" is just borrowed from Boingo's mod. I don't remember it ever being given that name when originally released. "Invasion!" is just the 3rd episode name.

Captain Ventris

Quote from: Chukker on September 29, 2008, 11:22:03 PM
For the record, the name of the game is simply Chex Quest 3, in keeping with the release of the first sequel which was just named Chex Quest 2. The 2nd episode name "Terror in Chex City" is just borrowed from Boingo's mod. I don't remember it ever being given that name when originally released. "Invasion!" is just the 3rd episode name.

I just assumed you GAVE the names to the first two in CQ3 just to differentiate, I didn't say they were called that at release.

And, as I explained (though I believe it was in a confusing manner), CQ3 is the name of, well, what you get in the CQ3 download, whereas Invasion is simply the name of the 3rd Episode, so yes indeedy. :)

Love the avatar, can't wait for RA3!

Atariangamer

...you got somewhere else. And its not old doomers complaining about how its a rip off or something ><
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=335056
and this thread links to an Indie gaming site, here:
http://tigsource.com/articles/2008/09/11/chex-quest-3
Don't remember me as I was...I was an idiot.

Replica

Man, who knew that Chex Quest 3 would get so much hits? (No offence Chucker, just that most people wouldn't rember, or look up Chex quest to find out.)

If I had to choose between the real world or the Chex Quest Fan forums; I'd choose the Chex Quest fan forums.

TheMasterOfBattle

hehe, it is very close to becoming the second most viewed topic in the forums. XD

I don't think it will pass the "EVIL" Game though unless it gets locked very soon. XD

Forgotten I may be, my legend will live on.

newsted_jr

ok, i feel like such a loser for saying this but...i can't find the red key in e3m3
but other than that, so far i love it!

Enjay

In the corridor circled in green is a switch.  Using it opens the door circled in red that you have to run to because it closes after a few seconds.

http://img27.picoodle.com/img/img27/3/10/4/f_ScreenshotCm_10eea00.jpg

newsted_jr

yeah, i figured that out right after i posted it. very sneaky. I like it tho!
now i have to figure out how to get the red key in e3m5. i can see it but dk how to get to it. CURSE YOU RED KEYS!

speaking of witch tho, very cool idea, having the e3m5 keys different! i would have been disappointed if the flemoids used the same keys as...humans? cereals?

The Green Avenger

The energy pillars in the room before the one with the window are shootable.  Just stand back before you take a shot at them...
Visit Chex Brigade, home of Chaos on Flemoid Prime!

The art of winning an argument is not so much proving your own point as it is systematically dismantling your opponent's point, leaving yours as the logical alternative.

Enjay

That's true, they are shootable.  However, shooting them is not what is responsible for opening the doors.  the doors are actually opened by shooting the walls towards the back of the room.  It may look like they are activated by shooting the energy pillars, but that's only because some shots may miss and hit the wall instead of the pillar. 

However, this mechanism is a little obscure - it is possible to destroy everything in the room and, just by chance, to have not shot the correct wall.  Once you've cleared the room, why would you suddenly start shooting unmarked walls "just in case"?  So, if you grab the most recent revised edition of the game, the shootable walls are still there but if you fail to activate them for some reason, as you walk into the next room (the one where you can see the red key from) the doors will open behind you anyway.

Flurb

Do you think there will one day be a super Chex Quest with PS3, Xbox 360, and Wii graphics and controls?

TheMasterOfBattle

Forgotten I may be, my legend will live on.

Replica

Perhaps if one of use gets a degree in game making one day, begins our own company. Buys the copy right for Chex Quest. Then maybe that person will do so.