Chex Quest 3 is now available for download!!!

Started by Chukker, September 06, 2008, 06:41:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Strife

Quote from: True_Dude on March 20, 2009, 06:11:46 PM
Oh man, I wish there was some way to convince Chukker to make Chex Quest a quadrilogy...

To be fair, Ultimate Doom's fourth episode wasn't really part of the "official" plot... though that doesn't mean we can't throw together five awesome levels for a fourth Chexisode. Boingo was planning something similar for TUCQ called "Thy Chex Consumed," I believe. ^_^

ChexCommander

Yeah, but we don't wanna make a DooM copy, do we? I mean, for the name?

Ultimate Doom's 4th episode was mainly a marketing strategy to make current non-doomers or just plain DooM fanatics have a reason to buy a new game.
"I don't cook, either. Not as long as they still deliver pizza." -Tiger Woods

Atariangamer

Hey, who says we hafta conform to that? The engine says 4 Episodes, so lets give em 4 episodes. Doesn't really hafta be a carbon copy of doom with CQ paint on it, lets make it something different.

OVERALL: 4th episode would pwn.
Don't remember me as I was...I was an idiot.

Replica

I don't think Strife meant for the name of a forth episode to be "Thy Chex Consumed". He was just saying that it's Boingo's idea is all. Personally I don't know why is matters though, I would perfer a CQ4 instead of just another plotless episode, and Chucker didn't say he was going ot make a forth anyway. ;) Mr. Benson said that he'll make music for CQ4 once Chucker is ready to make it as well. :P
I know what you're thinking. No, I don't like peanut butter.

If I had to choose between the real world or the Chex Quest Fan forums; I'd choose the Chex Quest fan forums.

GameMaster

If there ever will be a CQ4, the will story need to give some sense of closure in the end.

Manny Cav

What? No way! This is not Doom, where we have to close it after X amount of games. Chex Quest doesn't have to end at any particular point. It's like they say, "Legends never die."
R.I.P. The Game
January 3rd, 1937-
January 7th, 2010

TrueDude

I'd hope that Chex Quest 4, if it's made, would take place in the flemoid dimension. I mean, where else would it take place?

Manny Cav

Several fan mods have went that direction, but nothing 'official.' That would surely be an interesting twist.
R.I.P. The Game
January 3rd, 1937-
January 7th, 2010

arch129

IMO the flemoid dimension idea seems kinda silly, if you zorch a flemoid to put them back in the flemoid dimension where are they going to go if they are zorched in there own dimension already?

TrueDude

That always had me thinking too... maybe the zorchers in chex quest 4 are set to ANOTHER dimension, besides the Cereal and Flemoid dimension.

Manny Cav

Quote from: arch129 on March 21, 2009, 04:19:03 PM
IMO the flemoid dimension idea seems kinda silly, if you zorch a flemoid to put them back in the flemoid dimension where are they going to go if they are zorched in there own dimension already?
While that is a problem, this question still needs to have an answer either way.
R.I.P. The Game
January 3rd, 1937-
January 7th, 2010

xbolt

Quote from: arch129 on March 21, 2009, 04:19:03 PM

I was going to answer that very question in Newmaps IV. (Which is still going abysmally slow, thanks to college. Boo.)

ChexCommander

Can't we have the game somewhere else? Somewhere entirely new and unheard of? How CAN it take place in a flem dimension when they get sent there? Unless you send them to some holding cell in an area of the dimension, where you unlock it at the end and must zorch all of them all over again?

I believe Boingo's TCC title was really more of a placeholder than anything.

And of course, CQ doesn't have to only be another 4-episode Doom rip-off. It should be an FPS in it's own, only relying on DooM's engine.
"I don't cook, either. Not as long as they still deliver pizza." -Tiger Woods

TrueDude

Quote from: ChexCommander on March 21, 2009, 09:48:22 PM
Can't we have the game somewhere else? Somewhere entirely new and unheard of? How CAN it take place in a flem dimension when they get sent there? Unless you send them to some holding cell in an area of the dimension, where you unlock it at the end and must zorch all of them all over again?

And of course, CQ doesn't have to only be another 4-episode Doom rip-off. It should be an FPS in it's own, only relying on DooM's engine.

Actually, it is still a "rip-off" because most First-person shooters have 3 Episodes, or even games. Trilogy's are used ALOT. A fourth episode would be different.

Captain Ventris

Quote from: True_Dude on March 21, 2009, 11:32:09 PM
Quote from: ChexCommander on March 21, 2009, 09:48:22 PM

Actually, it is still a "rip-off" because most First-person shooters have 3 Episodes, or even games. Trilogy's are used ALOT. A fourth episode would be different.

The mere thought of suggesting that a number is a rip-off is ridiculous at best.