Chex Quest 3 is now available for download!!!

Started by Chukker, September 06, 2008, 06:41:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Slimeinator

Quote from: Captain Ventris on March 22, 2009, 01:53:13 AM
Quote from: True_Dude on March 21, 2009, 11:32:09 PM
Quote from: ChexCommander on March 21, 2009, 09:48:22 PM
Can't we have the game somewhere else? Somewhere entirely new and unheard of? How CAN it take place in a flem dimension when they get sent there? Unless you send them to some holding cell in an area of the dimension, where you unlock it at the end and must zorch all of them all over again?

I believe Boingo's TCC title was really more of a placeholder than anything.

And of course, CQ doesn't have to only be another 4-episode Doom rip-off. It should be an FPS in it's own, only relying on DooM's engine.

Actually, it is still a "rip-off" because most First-person shooters have 3 Episodes, or even games. Trilogy's are used ALOT. A fourth episode would be different.

The mere thought of suggesting that a number is a rip-off is ridiculous at best.

I agree.
Sometimes you've got to go where everybody knows your name.

James 1:5

Atariangamer

And I will too. Doom has 4 games (Doom 4 in dev now). certian movies only had one sequel, or 3 sequels. Just because a Trilogy is a standard doesn't mean more or less is a rip.

But I do believe that CQ could have one more episode/location that carries a storyline.
Don't remember me as I was...I was an idiot.

I don't think the flemoid dimension as the fourth episode is a good idea. It would probably turn out like 5 levels worth of the caverns of bazoik, and that would get kind of repetitive

The thing that sets CQ apart from doom is its VARIETY of locations and texture styles. Idk about you guys, but Doom2 got very boring because everything looked the same, just dark, disgusting textures over and over again.

Episode 4 should be somehing that continues that style, and brings a lot of intensity. Maybe a final invasion by the flemoids or perhaps this is Chexter's final strike against their largest base on a nearby planet
"Give us those nice bright colors, give us the greens of summer, makes you think all the world's a sunny day."

You can find me on the CQFF discord: https://discord.gg/AgNhjem

Replica

I don't understand. Why does CQ need an end? You guys aren't very good fans if you want CQ to end. Really, you guys are acting like the doom Community. Why can't CQ live on? It's not going to kill you if it does, and really, every one was excited about CQ3 right? Why are you excited about a nonexciting CQ4 then? Why do you want to have it end at CQ4? After CQ4 (If it comes) you'll want a CQ5 right? So why does it need to end at 4? (No offence... the use of poor fans was just to make you understand.)
I know what you're thinking. No, I don't like peanut butter.

If I had to choose between the real world or the Chex Quest Fan forums; I'd choose the Chex Quest fan forums.

arch129

Quote from: 75 on March 22, 2009, 01:07:25 PM
I don't think the flemoid dimension as the fourth episode is a good idea. It would probably turn out like 5 levels worth of the caverns of bazoik, and that would get kind of repetitive

How ever said the flemoid dimension had to look like The Caverns of Bazoik? It was used like that in older mods because that set of textures had the most slime on it.

Quote from: Replica on March 22, 2009, 01:40:28 PM
I don't understand. Why does CQ need an end? You guys aren't very good fans if you want CQ to end. Really, you guys are acting like the doom Community. Why can't CQ live on? It's not going to kill you if it does, and really, every one was excited about CQ3 right? Why are you excited about a nonexciting CQ4 then? Why do you want to have it end at CQ4? After CQ4 (If it comes) you'll want a CQ5 right? So why does it need to end at 4? (No offence... the use of poor fans was just to make you understand.)

I agree with you. Chex Quest doesn't need a end. IMO it can keep going on as long it doesn't get repetitive like the extra episodes in DooM ,Heretic, and Hexen. After episode three of Heretic all the levels in episodes four and five where boring because they didn't give the player anything new, no new textures, monsters, objects, music, they didn't even make new sky's. That's why I never liked those episodes in Heretic. If Chex Quest keeps adding more stuff and makes it fun I don't see why it should ever end.

TrueDude

In response to about half of what everybody posted: Why is it that everybody thinks that because a fourth game is made the entire series is going to die? A fourth game doesn't mean ANYTHING, other than more awesome levels. 4 doesn't mean the end, 666 means the end. As long as your series doesn't have 666 games, it won't end. (just kidding of course, but no series HAS reached 666 games, so I wouldn't know what would happen...)

Also, the Flemoid dimension doesn't mean the entire world is Caverns of Bazoik-styled. It was made that way in Newmaps because there hasn't been a real picture of the Flemoid Dimension. For all we know, it could have cities, with Flyingg-cars and other stuff. The flemoids are, after all, capable of creating SPACESHIPS OUT OF METEORITES, COMPLETE WITH COMPUTERS AND TELEPORTATION DEVICES. I've personally imagined the sky of the Flemoid-Dimension to be a surreal, green landscape.

There are no barriers to making a 4th game, it's only if Charles Jacobi wants to. We aren't in control of this.

For the record, I never imagined the fourth episode the end of chex quest. It is, however, the end of TUCQ, so there should be some sort of grand finale

I like your ideas TD, I just don't want it to look primitive, that would be really lame
"Give us those nice bright colors, give us the greens of summer, makes you think all the world's a sunny day."

You can find me on the CQFF discord: https://discord.gg/AgNhjem

Replica

Quote from: True_Dude on March 22, 2009, 02:54:37 PM
In response to about half of what everybody posted: Why is it that everybody thinks that because a fourth game is made the entire series is going to die? A fourth game doesn't mean ANYTHING, other than more awesome levels. 4 doesn't mean the end, 666 means the end. As long as your series doesn't have 666 games, it won't end. (just kidding of course, but no series HAS reached 666 games, so I wouldn't know what would happen...)

Bsicly what I said... and just to point out, 666 doesn't mean the end. :P

Quote from: 75 on March 22, 2009, 04:55:18 PM
For the record, I never imagined the fourth episode the end of chex quest. It is, however, the end of TUCQ, so there should be some sort of grand finale

I like your ideas TD, I just don't want it to look primitive, that would be really lame

Ahh, what? Just because TUCQ ends on it's forth episode doesn't mean anything. I'd like to point out that TUCQ is a "FAN" project, and Chucker doesn't have to base anything on it. TUCQ is also not going to include CQ3 anyway, do to Boingo already creating his own storyline for episode 3, and 4. I'd like to point out that CQ1, CQ2, and CQ3 are differant games! They're not just episodes, just short games.

If I had to choose between the real world or the Chex Quest Fan forums; I'd choose the Chex Quest fan forums.

Atariangamer

MAIN THING: the 4th episode doesn't mean the end of the CQ series.

ONE OTHER: I think I'm gonna stop pushin for a 4th episode. If it comes, it comes.
Don't remember me as I was...I was an idiot.

ChexCommander

Isn't everyone just saying the same thing? Can we just slow down a bit?

WE ALL KNOW THAT THERE DOESN'T HAVE TO BE AN END TO CQ. OKAY?

Also, it seems that everyone has their own ideas about what a sequel-sequel-sequel (quequel?) of CQ would be like.  That's good, in that everyone's got plenty of ideas.  However, I think only Chukker will be able to determine what all the levels really look like.  Unless he needs help if he ever chooses to make another CQ.

Quote from: The Slimeinator on March 22, 2009, 01:59:14 AM
Quote from: Captain Ventris on March 22, 2009, 01:53:13 AM
Quote from: True_Dude on March 21, 2009, 11:32:09 PM
Quote from: ChexCommander on March 21, 2009, 09:48:22 PM
Can't we have the game somewhere else? Somewhere entirely new and unheard of? How CAN it take place in a flem dimension when they get sent there? Unless you send them to some holding cell in an area of the dimension, where you unlock it at the end and must zorch all of them all over again?

I believe Boingo's TCC title was really more of a placeholder than anything.

And of course, CQ doesn't have to only be another 4-episode Doom rip-off. It should be an FPS in it's own, only relying on DooM's engine.

Actually, it is still a "rip-off" because most First-person shooters have 3 Episodes, or even games. Trilogy's are used ALOT. A fourth episode would be different.

The mere thought of suggesting that a number is a rip-off is ridiculous at best.

I agree.

Stop talking about friggin' rip-offs! THIS IS NOT DOOM! GET OVER IT! It's an FPZ! (Zorcher)

C'mon, I think we're all getting a bit impatient after we found there was a new official game.

However, CQ3 just came out! Give us all a break people, and just enjoy the game!
"I don't cook, either. Not as long as they still deliver pizza." -Tiger Woods

The Slimeinator

Back on teh topic. Flame is not approved.

So, any ideas for the music in E3M4/E3M5?

ChexCommander

Slime, I was perfectly on topic.  And that most certainly wasn't flaming. If anything it was veering in the right direction.

The Slimeinator

I was speaking about other angry posts.

Replica

Quote from: The Slimeinator on March 23, 2009, 10:10:14 PM

I wasn't flaming either, I was pointing out why it's dumb to want CQ to end. (Unless you aren't talking to me...)

Anyway, IDK. I'm not a very good music maker, we could e-mail, and bug Mr. Benson, but I'm sure he wouldn't like that, or we could bug Strife.

BTW, I don't think I'm going to get use to you pushing me around. (Since I've seen you just as a member for so long.) *Sighs* What is thy bidding my master? XD

ChexCommander

Rep, he's a mod and there's nothing you can do about it.  Other members become staff, don't they? (I know you're kidding anyways, so don't say anything)

Quote from: Replica on March 24, 2009, 10:57:42 AM
Quote from: The Slimeinator on March 23, 2009, 10:10:14 PM

I wasn't flaming either, I was pointing out why it's dumb to want CQ to end. (Unless you aren't talking to me...)

Anyway, IDK. I'm not a very good music maker, we could e-mail, and bug Mr. Benson, but I'm sure he wouldn't like that, or we could bug Strife.

BTW, I don't think I'm going to get use to you pushing me around. (Since I've seen you just as a member for so long.) *Sighs* What is thy bidding my master? XD

Ok, can we just get over the whole CQ-finale thing and just get back to the topic, like Slime said? I doubt we'll get Benson on the job unless we make CQ4.  But I bet Strife could help.