Chex Quest 3 is now available for download!!!

Started by Chukker, September 06, 2008, 06:41:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Manny Cav

Wrong topic. Check out this topic for Chex Quest 3 stuff. Also, read the board rules, and avoid bumping topics like this that are more than a month old. Locking.
R.I.P. The Game
January 3rd, 1937-
January 7th, 2010

Manny Cav

Quote from: Terminus on April 09, 2009, 01:46:29 PM
WTF is the download link broken? O_o

EDIT: ROFL wrong topic -______-'''''''

Sorry
WUT. This is the right topic. It IS the pinned one, isn't it? It sure beats breaking the board rules and bumping an old topic, anyway. :P And the download works for me.
R.I.P. The Game
January 3rd, 1937-
January 7th, 2010

Strife

Apparently my old music thread was locked, so i'll post this here for convenience's sake. xD

I took a stab at making a song for E3M4:

http://www.freewebs.com/cyberfreak/chancer.mid

Since CQ3 has unconventional music in comparison to the first two episodes, I tried less at keeping true to the traditional CQ instruments and beats and instead tried to make something that matches the situation in the level. Whatchu fink? ^_^

Alice Jameson

Quote from: Strife on April 10, 2009, 03:33:08 PM
Apparently my old music thread was locked, so i'll post this here for convenience's sake. xD

I took a stab at making a song for E3M4:

http://www.freewebs.com/cyberfreak/chancer.mid

Since CQ3 has unconventional music in comparison to the first two episodes, I tried less at keeping true to the traditional CQ instruments and beats and instead tried to make something that matches the situation in the level. Whatchu fink? ^_^
I like it. ^^ I think it fits. It still has a rather Chexy feel to it.
(\__/) | This is Bunny.
(O.o ) | Copy Bunny into your signature to help
(> < ) | him on his way to world domination!

arch129

I think the song fits E3M4 perfectly. ^^

ChexCommander

Oh wow, this is some great stuff! Nice work, Strife! This fits CQ perfectly!  ;)
"I don't cook, either. Not as long as they still deliver pizza." -Tiger Woods

Atariangamer

That actually feels pretty good with Benson's music. But feels like Chex still. GREAT JOB, all in all.
Don't remember me as I was...I was an idiot.

Replica

IDK, it's good, but I don't think it fits E3M4...
I know what you're thinking. No, I don't like peanut butter.

If I had to choose between the real world or the Chex Quest Fan forums; I'd choose the Chex Quest fan forums.

Manny Cav

This seems like quite a departure from what I'm used to hearing form you or in Chex Quest, though I'm not sure how you could "fit" E3M4. The way I'd do it, if I could at all, would be to make something to the tune of, "I've made it this far to get to that meteor spaceship, and I've got to get to it at any cost to save the people." Yeah, that actually does make sense. Another fine work from you, indeed, but I'm having trouble trying to tie this in to what I'm used to hearing from you or Andrew Benon.

This, of course, and any future updates will be sent flying to the Gallery at lightning speed. :P
R.I.P. The Game
January 3rd, 1937-
January 7th, 2010

Atariangamer

Well, I think we're comparing this to the NEW Benson music in E3M1 and ... M3? It feels ok to me. and mebe this could be E3M2, ya never know.
Don't remember me as I was...I was an idiot.

Manny Cav

Quote from: Atariangamer on April 10, 2009, 10:31:31 PM
Well, I think we're comparing this to the NEW Benson music in E3M1 and ... M3? It feels ok to me. and mebe this could be E3M2, ya never know.
I know that. I still can't establish any mental connections, though....

EDIT: E3M2 already has a replacement by Strife by the name of "confidence.mid."
R.I.P. The Game
January 3rd, 1937-
January 7th, 2010

Strife

Quote from: Manny Cav on April 10, 2009, 10:40:20 PM
Quote from: Atariangamer on April 10, 2009, 10:31:31 PM
I know that. I still can't establish any mental connections, though....

EDIT: E3M2 already has a replacement by Strife by the name of "confidence.mid."

Indeedsy. ^^

Thank you for the comments, guys. I appreciate it. ^_^

I also have a song that could possibly be used in E3M5. It was originally intended to be the music for the final boss in one of my other games, but after tweaking the instruments, I think it could possibly fit for the final map of CQ3.

http://www.freewebs.com/cyberfreak/cq_final.mid

If this isn't used in CQ3, I would prefer to reserve it for my other game since it took me quite a long time to compose. ^^;

Manny Cav

Your other game? What is this? :P Anyway, I have a copyright notice on my website prompting potential downloaders to ask you for permission before using it.

As for the music itself, that's just awesome. I love it. Definitely has that final-map tone, and a few hints of your past work. I definitely think this could work for E3M5.
R.I.P. The Game
January 3rd, 1937-
January 7th, 2010

Replica

That's great, really it is. BTW, I couldn't help say that the beinging solo thing was annoying... I got to like it though. :)
I know what you're thinking. No, I don't like peanut butter.

If I had to choose between the real world or the Chex Quest Fan forums; I'd choose the Chex Quest fan forums.

Strife

Aye. I'm working on an action RPG that plays similar to the Legend of Zelda, only with a level-up system.

I was thinking about that, Replica. If it really is too long, fixing it is a simple matter of doubling the tempo at the start until the other instruments come in. ^_^