Chex Quest 3 is now available for download!!!

Started by Chukker, September 06, 2008, 06:41:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Manny Cav

Quote from: pikmintaro on May 11, 2009, 10:53:26 PM
#1: The Music is awesome in all of the games I love it  ;D
Andrew Benson, a.k.a. drooben, from the previous two games returned to make music for E3M1: Central Command and E3M3: Villa Chex, but our own Strife from these forums made the rest of the music. After 10 years, the Chex Quest 3 music was surely no disappointment. Indeed, it could be said that the Chex Quest 3 music is my most favorite of them all. 8)
R.I.P. The Game
January 3rd, 1937-
January 7th, 2010

pikmintaro

I heard that Chuck (I think that's his name) changed a good deal of stuff (To make it better) especially the Cinema level but I haven't played Chex Quest 2 in a looooooooong time so can someone fill me in on what parts of Cinema were changed? I know those Arcade machines weren't there before but I think I remember a vent going from each theater with a Flemoid Larva in it that isn't there anymore.

QuoteWhen you use the W, A, S, and D keys instead of the arrow keys.  Personally I won't play a game if it won't let me use the arrow keys unless its a really good game, but I haven't met such a game.

It all depends on personal preference but using the Arrow keys in most modern FPSes would be incredibly awkward and with WASD you can reach the other keys much either to do things.

Like In Aliens vs Predator 2 for Xenomorph I have crouch set to Q (Actually I have crouch on Q in pretty much everything including Doom and Chex Quest) and WallCrawling toggle set to E (Whereas in other games I use E for actions and activating things but the Xenomorph just uses his claws for work  ;)) and then all the weapons and other things are easily reachable too.

And when I say "WASD" I mean "Mouse and WASD" since otherwise it would be even more awkward but thankfully pretty much all games are customizable for everyone's personal preferences.

Manny Cav

pikmintaro, E2M2 is practically a brand new level altogether. The only recognizable landmarks are the triple theaters. E2M2 went through the biggest overhaul of any of the original levels. The creator's name, by the way, is Charles Jacobi, who was the lead artist for the original games, and the project leader of Chex Quest 3. He goes by the name "Chukker" on the forums.
R.I.P. The Game
January 3rd, 1937-
January 7th, 2010

pikmintaro

Ok that's what I thought people were saying.

I remember the Ticket Booth and the screens but that's pretty much it.
I remembered the Larva in the vent because when I was playing it for the first time a long time ago it suddenly came up in my face when I went into the vent and made me jump... after that I had a dream about having a pet Flemoid Larva on a leash...

Manny Cav

Please ignore the first post. I was doing some topic merging, but the system messed up and mangled my merging. We're working to correct this issue.
R.I.P. The Game
January 3rd, 1937-
January 7th, 2010

ChexCommander

Of course, I only use WASD for first person shooters or sidescrollers that require a mouse for aiming.  Besides that, it's all arrow keys (they're usually the default anyways).

EDIT: Slime, you used WASD for Cave Story? That platformer has the arrow keys for default and A,S,Z,X,W for other functions, I thought...
"I don't cook, either. Not as long as they still deliver pizza." -Tiger Woods

Manny Cav

Temporary lock while repairs are made to this topic.
R.I.P. The Game
January 3rd, 1937-
January 7th, 2010