Chex Quest 3 is now available for download!!!

Started by Chukker, September 06, 2008, 06:41:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nomekop

Chukker needs to release the source code, NOW!

Atariangamer

That would be great! Actually...I wish Chuck would come and see what we said lol

And everyone...I dont know the real names, and Spider mastermind and SpiderDemon isn't the same...the latter is the plasma cannon one...aw forget it
Don't remember me as I was...I was an idiot.

Captain Ventris

arch129

Quote from: Chukker on September 08, 2008, 12:04:07 AM
If somebody has some time and is industrious enough, it would be nice to get these bugs and other feedback compiled somewhere I can easily reference it. It could be a post in the tech support section or a wiki page. Some of them, like the lock assignments on E3M2, I will try to correct soon enough.
Has this gone unoticed?
I might start a topic for you in the Tech Support Section soon. ^^

Atariangamer

Hey, do it now...or better yet, I will...I started in the original episodes and tried to find some errors (there were a few), but I might need to get more technical..."Room with yellow key inside the area behind the 2nd blue door" is extremely confusing ><

brain candy

I am seriously having so much fun playing this.  ;D

Atariangamer

I'll agree...this was an awesome set of levels, but totally hard.

..."Its called Ninja gaiden, its suposed to be, like, totally hard!"...

My ONLY problem was the fact that I saved when I was low on health, and was low on ammo, and couldn't find enough to win the level...then when I restarted the whole thing, I grabbed every thing I could, and STILL didn't have enough ><

Chukker

After several requests I have uploaded the source to chex3.exe.
www.chucktropolis.com/downloads/chex3_zdoom.zip
It was compiled with Visual Studio Express Edition, which is free from Microsoft. You will also need to install Microsoft Windows SDK v6.1. You're on your own at this point. I don't really have the time to teach people how to get this to compile if you don't know how already. I figured it out by going to the ZDoom wiki, I recommend anyone having trouble do that too.
Also here is the Doombuilder config file:
www.chucktropolis.com/downloads/ZDoom_Chex3.cfg

Edit - this now points to the correct source.

Atariangamer

:o THANKS! we could really use that config...and the source, maybe Slimeinator could make us a nice engine now...

Blzut3

Chukker, did you make more changes then these?  From the looks of it only two files in the pk3 were modified.
Index: wadsrc/sndinfo.txt
===================================================================
--- wadsrc/sndinfo.txt (revision 110)
+++ wadsrc/sndinfo.txt (working copy)
@@ -358,9 +358,10 @@

// Lost Soul

-skull/active dsdmact
-skull/pain dsdmpain
-skull/melee dssklatk
+skull/sight dsflem2
+skull/active dsflem3
+skull/pain dsflem2
+skull/melee dsflem1
skull/death dsfirxpl

// Spider Mastermind
Index: wadsrc/decorate/doom/lostsoul.txt
===================================================================
--- wadsrc/decorate/doom/lostsoul.txt (revision 110)
+++ wadsrc/decorate/doom/lostsoul.txt (working copy)
@@ -16,6 +16,7 @@
PainChance 256
Monster
+FLOAT +NOGRAVITY +MISSILEMORE +DONTFALL +NOICEDEATH
+ SeeSound "skull/sight"
AttackSound "skull/melee"
PainSound "skull/pain"
DeathSound "skull/death"
@@ -25,25 +26,25 @@
States
{
Spawn:
- SKUL AB 10 BRIGHT A_Look
+ SKUL AB 10 A_Look
Loop
See:
- SKUL AB 6 BRIGHT A_Chase
+ SKUL AB 6 A_Chase
Loop
Missile:
- SKUL C 10 BRIGHT A_FaceTarget
- SKUL D 4 BRIGHT A_SkullAttack
- SKUL CD 4 BRIGHT
+ SKUL C 10 A_FaceTarget
+ SKUL D 4 A_SkullAttack
+ SKUL CD 4
Goto Missile+2
Pain:
- SKUL E 3 BRIGHT
- SKUL E 3 BRIGHT A_Pain
+ SKUL E 3
+ SKUL E 3 A_Pain
Goto See
Death:
- SKUL F 6 BRIGHT
- SKUL G 6 BRIGHT A_Scream
- SKUL H 6 BRIGHT
- SKUL I 6 BRIGHT A_NoBlocking
+ SKUL F 6
+ SKUL G 6 A_Scream
+ SKUL H 6
+ SKUL I 6 A_NoBlocking
SKUL J 6
SKUL K 6
Stop

The only other things that came up on my diff was changes to the vcproj files.

Nomekop

Graf Zahl

Quote from: Chukker on September 09, 2008, 12:57:14 PM
After several requests I have uploaded the source to chex3.exe.
www.chucktropolis.com/downloads/chex3_gzdoom.zip
It was compiled with Visual Studio Express Edition, which is free from Microsoft. You will also need to install Microsoft Windows SDK v6.1. You're on your own at this point. I don't really have the time to teach people how to get this to compile if you don't know how already. I figured it out by going to the ZDoom wiki, I recommend anyone having trouble do that too.
Also here is the Doombuilder config file:
www.chucktropolis.com/downloads/ZDoom_Chex3.cfg

Is this really the correct source? What you have posted here looks like a plain GZDoom 1.1.3 source with only one change to the DECORATE definition of the Lost Soul. Were there any other changes that need to be considered? We would like to officially support this as an IWAD in ZDoom and therefore need to know whether there were other changes to the EXE itself other than the game name on the startup screen.

Atariangamer

Hey, Graf Zahl! Welcome to the forums! (even if its only for this ;)) And I dont think you need an introduction.

Hmm...He made some text changes, some episode progression changes, and a few other things to gain CHEX.exe emulation...but has a few mistakes we're trying to list out to him. And actually...I think merging it with (G)ZDooM would be a bit hard. all of his decorate, decals, and the like are in zdoom.pk3, not in the wad...It could be possible to extract the changes from the zdoom.pk3 and place them in the wad, supplying us with a DECORATE lump...but looking at the patches of DECORATE here...wow. Hes done a great deal of editing all the DooM txts into his own things. All enemies shoot custom damage of FLEM, and he's changed the simple ones into mele attacks. so...it'd take a while to get a single DECORATE lump when hes edited most everything...

Chukker

Hey Graf, thanks again for a great piece of software engineering. No, there are significantly more changes both to code and to the decorate files that got built into zdoom.pk3 than just the lost soul.

Edit - okay I am a huge idiot. I zipped up the wrong directory. I should have known something was up when the file was only 18 MBs. The previous link is now updated. Sorry folks for wasting your time downloading the wrong thing, my bad.

Replica

Quote from: Chukker on September 10, 2008, 10:48:11 AM
okay I am a huge idiot..

Oh I disagree.

@atariangamer, I'm sure Graf was going to place it in the PK3 file to make it compatable. You know, just like hexens in the pk3...
I know what you're thinking. No, I don't like peanut butter.

If I had to choose between the real world or the Chex Quest Fan forums; I'd choose the Chex Quest fan forums.