Chex Quest 3 is now available for download!!!

Started by Chukker, September 06, 2008, 06:41:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheMasterOfBattle

Forgotten I may be, my legend will live on.

arch129

Quote from: Replica on May 03, 2009, 05:13:35 PM
Nice work Chukker! I've knowticed that the ending of E1M1 has a door at the end, but every other level doesn't. :/
E1M2 has a door at the end.

ChexCommander

Yahoo! A new update!

Nice, I'mmah downloading at ludicrous-speed! (+2 to whoever gets the reference)
"I don't cook, either. Not as long as they still deliver pizza." -Tiger Woods

Datra

CQHD Community Dev

ChexCommander

Atariangamer

I'm guessing most of the new stuff is in E3...I got through the first 2 with nothing special, just a touchup or 2. I REALLY like those new transitionary parts.
Don't remember me as I was...I was an idiot.

matthias720

SWEET!!!!!  UPDATED FUN HERE I COME!!!!
:whale :caineware :ninjaware :whale :caineware :ninjaware

Manny Cav

Quote from: Atariangamer on May 03, 2009, 10:00:51 PM
I'm guessing most of the new stuff is in E3...I got through the first 2 with nothing special, just a touchup or 2. I REALLY like those new transitionary parts.
Most of the new stuff is actually in the first two episodes, like the fancy exits in episode one, the arcades in E2M2, escape routes from the pits in E2M4, some new textures in E2M4 and E2M5, etc. Most of episode 3 was just bug fixing. The only two things I can think of for episode 3 are the retooling of a secret area in E3M2 and another one in E3M4, making them nonessential, and moving the essentials elsewhere.
R.I.P. The Game
January 3rd, 1937-
January 7th, 2010

Atariangamer

Ah...I really didn't pay attention in E2...kinda jumped around. ><
Don't remember me as I was...I was an idiot.

ChexCommander

The Slimeinator

I've noticed that ever since it came out, Chex Quest 3 has one learning curve error: The Provincial Park is more difficult than the Spaceship.

While it is true that the Spaceship has more Flemoids than the Provincial Park, the Provincial Park presents them in a different way. For example, around 45% of the Flemoids in the Spaceship are Bipedicus and Commonus Flemoids. However, 50% of the Flemoids in the Provincial Park are Stridicus Flemoids and Flem Mines. The two major assaults (by Stridicus Flemoids at the very beginning of the level and by the Flem Mines/Super Cycloptis Flemoids at the end of the level) make it harder than the Spaceship level, which, while containing Lord Snotfolus, has maybe one or two powerful enemies per room... and then a swarm of almost-harmless Commonus and Bipedicus Flemoids. I propose making the Spaceship level harder.
Sometimes you've got to go where everybody knows your name.

James 1:5

ChexCommander

I say increase the toughness of Spaceship on Extreme Ooze/Super Slimey, but decrease the toughness of Provincial Park on Gobs of Goo and downward.

Replica

I like it how it is personally. I wouldn't mind more ammo on E3M4, and less on E3M5.
I know what you're thinking. No, I don't like peanut butter.

If I had to choose between the real world or the Chex Quest Fan forums; I'd choose the Chex Quest fan forums.

ChexCommander

If there are any LAZes on E3M5, I say scrap them unless they're secret (I forget, sorry.).

I'd prefer boss fights with less phasing ammo. Shotgun and precisely timed rockets are more fun than just holding down a phasing zorcher.

Fighting the Flebomination, for example. That was fun.

Manny Cav

The only LAZ device in E3M5 is a secret, but you can also pick up a LAZ Device in E3M3 in a secret area, as well. My Chex Quest 3 Walkthrough details such things. ;) The Flembomination is definitely easy, even on Super Slimey, if you know how to strafe.

Realistically speaking, there has to be a LAZ Device somewhere in Invasion!.
R.I.P. The Game
January 3rd, 1937-
January 7th, 2010