Chex Quest 3 is now available for download!!!

Started by Chukker, September 06, 2008, 06:41:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChexCommander

Yeah, but it's a lot more fun if you don't use it. Then again, as a single-player game, I guess it depends on who's playing to decide what to use.

Strafing? Hah. I beat it the, well, uh (I can't really say old-school, since it was in chex.exe), better way by just turning and shooting. But strafing's fun too.
"I don't cook, either. Not as long as they still deliver pizza." -Tiger Woods

Atariangamer

I've used the WASD+MOUSE for everything, even on the oldskool engines. if you can set the mouse for movement and its turning sensitivity up (and forward/backward sensitivity way down), and set the strafe+forward/backward keys...I did it. easier to move, and more like life's movement. You dont move everywhere by turning and going forward, you also side step and backpedal in directions. this cant be done with only turning and forward/back. Strafe is as important as both of them.

However, I'd LOVE to have more ammo on most of the levels. The last level was kinda easy, even with just rockets, but then again, I last played through on the 2nd difficulty. need to bump it up and see if it improves.
Don't remember me as I was...I was an idiot.

I think the laz definitely should stay where it is on E3M3.

It's a real challenge to get, especially on super slimey because you have to face those Super Cyclopti of doom yet again. It's hard to get in and out of that patio unscathed.

There's tricks to though, like chargin the LAZ then opening the door so the first thing they see is the laz shot.
"Give us those nice bright colors, give us the greens of summer, makes you think all the world's a sunny day."

You can find me on the CQFF discord: https://discord.gg/AgNhjem

Atariangamer

If you know the real operation of the LAZ's firing, you can do all SORTS Of damage with it. When you fire the shot, the angle is remembered, so if you fire North, it remembers. WHen the shot hits, it does a certian large part of damage with little splash. HOWEVER, from your current position in the direction of the shot, about 45 hitscans go out from you, providing more damage after the fact. If you run into a room and fire, then just before the shot bursts get a bit closer, you can deal a bit more damage to the front lines (and maybe some in the back)
Don't remember me as I was...I was an idiot.

ChexCommander

Yeah, WASD is cool and all, and great for Skulltag or modern games/engines, but I have GZ set so I can use either WASD or classic arrow keys.  I just like sometimes using arrow keys and turn. Well, actually I've only used WASD in the last 6 months.  All Skulltag last summer was keys only.

And how many times in life do you actually strafe or sidestep?

Manny Cav

WHOOPS.
R.I.P. The Game
January 3rd, 1937-
January 7th, 2010

ChexCommander

Really? I only do it for fun if I'm in a supermarket or something.  :D

Manny Cav

R.I.P. The Game
January 3rd, 1937-
January 7th, 2010

ChexCommander

What did you think I was talking about?  ;D

Manny Cav

R.I.P. The Game
January 3rd, 1937-
January 7th, 2010

pikmintaro

#1: The Music is awesome in all of the games I love it  ;D

#2: I use WASD in pretty much every PC game I own (Except for ones like Starcraft or Silent Hill 2) but thankfully you can customize the controls so it's good for whoever is playing it.

I remember when I was younger the mouse was set up so that it did all the moving I mean if I moved the mouse forward the character would move forward which feels really awkward now.
Yay Chex Quest!!!

The Slimeinator

Sometimes you've got to go where everybody knows your name.

James 1:5

pikmintaro

It's on the keyboard layout it's the keys I use for moving

It goes
QWERTYUIOP
ASDFGHJKL

So W is for moving forward and, A, S, and D for moving left, backwards, and right.

That's what lots of people use for FPSes and stuff and what I use because it is the most comfortable for me.

arch129

Quote from: The Slimeinator on May 11, 2009, 11:44:08 PM
Hang on. What's WASD?

When you use the W, A, S, and D keys instead of the arrow keys.  Personally I won't play a game if it won't let me use the arrow keys unless its a really good game, but I haven't met such a game.

The Slimeinator

Huh. I use arrow keys. I've encountered WASD before, though, I think. In Cave Story.
Sometimes you've got to go where everybody knows your name.

James 1:5