Favorite Secret Area in the Game

Started by QuadrumpusGuy, June 08, 2009, 10:40:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

QuadrumpusGuy

Does anyone here have a specific secret location in Chex Quest that is their favorite? (Example: Roof Vents on E2M2)

Manny Cav

It's kind of hard to pick from so many secrets, but for coolness, I'd have to go with the E2M2 vents or the arcade machine on the same level. For the prize inside, E2M3's LAZ Device behind the wall can't be beat. ;D
R.I.P. The Game
January 3rd, 1937-
January 7th, 2010

QuadrumpusGuy

I thought the E2M2 Arcade Machine was the best secret area in the game. But yeah, I the LAZ Device Secret Area in E2M3 is pretty cool.

Another favorite is the Computer Map Secret Area through the vent in E2M4.

matthias720

My favorite secret is the ever-predictable (though no less entertaining) room-behind-the-clock in E3M4.
:whale :caineware :ninjaware :whale :caineware :ninjaware

Atariangamer

the teleporters in E1M2. i eventually, after a million play throughs, how to do it. XD
Don't remember me as I was...I was an idiot.

Manny Cav

Quote from: Atariangamer on June 09, 2009, 02:14:25 PM
the teleporters in E1M2. i eventually, after a million play throughs, how to do it. XD
Ah, yes. For years of playing the original game, I never could figure out why I got only 50% secret areas on E1M2. It was very puzzling, but I never could find those last two secret areas. I only learned when I was able to go to Chex Quest Mania and download the demos. The Chex Quest 1 demo taught me where those secrets were. The secrets are a lot more findable in Chex Quest 3, though. :P
R.I.P. The Game
January 3rd, 1937-
January 7th, 2010

ChexCommander

Yeah, actually I preferred the secrets in E1M2 the way they were originally. I never knew about those secrets until one day when I accidentally pressed space on the chex logo and it a wall opened! It was sweet!

I also liked the E1M1 vegetables behind the wall decorations. I felt so accomplished when I figured it out.

Hm, I think my personal favorite is...um, lemme get back to you on that one.  :D
"I don't cook, either. Not as long as they still deliver pizza." -Tiger Woods

Manny Cav

Quote from: ChexCommander on June 09, 2009, 07:03:30 PM
Yeah, actually I preferred the secrets in E1M2 the way they were originally. I never knew about those secrets until one day when I accidentally pressed space on the chex logo and it a wall opened! It was sweet!
The thing, though, is that secrets are supposed to be marked by decorations, misaligned textures, or such, and be findable. The original secrets were way out of place. I never could find them without online help for all the time I had the game. I'm glad Chukker fixed them.
R.I.P. The Game
January 3rd, 1937-
January 7th, 2010

Datra

That's totally wierd cause I never figured out the secret areas in E1M2 until CQ3. I mean, I knew they were there but could never figure out how to get to them. :-\ But I'd say one of my favorite secrets is the waterfall secret in E1M5.

Quote from: QuadrumpusGuy on June 08, 2009, 11:12:17 PM
I thought the E2M2 Arcade Machine was the best secret area in the game.
WHAT!?! I thought those were just for show! I have to check THIS out!

EDIT: WHOAH! that is an awesome secret! totally in the top 5 on my list.
CQHD Community Dev

QuadrumpusGuy

Another cool secret is the Breakfast Room in E2M5. If you shoot a zorcher from the top of the stairs in the final room, a Maximus might slide over the platform that triggers that door to open (or you could just walk over the platform yourself :D )

I thought the E2M2 Arcade Machine was the best secret area in the game. But yeah, I the LAZ Device Secret Area in E2M3 is pretty cool.

what are you talking about? I don't see any arcade machines
"Give us those nice bright colors, give us the greens of summer, makes you think all the world's a sunny day."

You can find me on the CQFF discord: https://discord.gg/AgNhjem

Manny Cav

Quote from: 75 on June 10, 2009, 03:33:45 PM

Are you sure you have the latest version of Chex Quest 3, Version 1.2? If not, then you need to go to Chucktropolis and download it.
R.I.P. The Game
January 3rd, 1937-
January 7th, 2010

ChexCommander

I must go secret-hunting more. I never realized you could find secrets behind objects (the arcade machines and clock, sweet!). I must say I enjoy the waterfall route much more than the normal Long and Winding Road in E1M5, and the obvious, yet fun breakfast vent in E3M4 is nice as well. But I still don't think they're my favorites...
"I don't cook, either. Not as long as they still deliver pizza." -Tiger Woods

Loremaster

Y'know, I gotta jump on that E1M2 bandwagon. It took me YEARS to find those two secrets, but when I did, I was SO thrilled. The way I found 'em was by literally going through the level and trying to open EVERY SINGLE WALL. Yeah, wish I had a screenie of the level time to show y'all.
Did we really just spend the last decade talking about Chex Quest? Yes. Yes we did.

I regret nothing!

Quote from: Loremaster on June 11, 2009, 03:48:49 AM
Y'know, I gotta jump on that E1M2 bandwagon. It took me YEARS to find those two secrets, but when I did, I was SO thrilled. The way I found 'em was by literally going through the level and trying to open EVERY SINGLE WALL. Yeah, wish I had a screenie of the level time to show y'all.

heh that's my wolf3d strategy!
Quote from: Manny Cav on June 10, 2009, 03:48:58 PM
Quote from: 75 on June 10, 2009, 03:33:45 PM

Are you sure you have the latest version of Chex Quest 3, Version 1.2? If not, then you need to go to Chucktropolis and download it.

Ah, I see. VERY nice texturing. Wonder how he got so good at that.
"Give us those nice bright colors, give us the greens of summer, makes you think all the world's a sunny day."

You can find me on the CQFF discord: https://discord.gg/AgNhjem