What if...

Started by matthias720, June 26, 2009, 03:39:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

matthias720

I was thinking yesterday, if CQ had been released a year earlier, and it had really caught on, we might have ended up with a CQ TV show!  Now admit it, a CQ TV show would have been awesome.  Any thoughts on what it would have been like?
:whale :caineware :ninjaware :whale :caineware :ninjaware

The Slimeinator

Sometimes you've got to go where everybody knows your name.

James 1:5

matthias720

You know how it seemed like a number of video games were being turned into TV shows (SMB for example), what if one was made for CQ.  I'm not saying now, but what if it happend years ago?
:whale :caineware :ninjaware :whale :caineware :ninjaware

The Slimeinator

It would probably flop over and die, like so many video game shows after/before it.
Sometimes you've got to go where everybody knows your name.

James 1:5

Manny Cav

Chex Quest was styled after a Saturday morning cartoon. However, it's questionable whether there would have been the budget at Digital Cafe/Ralston/Waters Molitor/whatever or not for them to have done this. Considering they were already on a tight schedule and just barely got in an extra five levels (Chex Quest 2), I doubt this would have happened.
R.I.P. The Game
January 3rd, 1937-
January 7th, 2010

Atariangamer

For some reason, I feel it'd be alot like Newmaps...really odd humor XD
Don't remember me as I was...I was an idiot.

GameMaster

You know, I once mentioned what if there was a Chex Quest anime.

Better not let 4kids dub it. I doubt there's much they can edit anyways. What if they give Fred an accent? Jeez, that's horrible. Like how they gave Ren from Shaman King a british accent, even though he's chinese. I mean, WTF is up with that? Dan Green would suit Fred the most. Flemoids being sent to the shadow realm, that'll be the day.

Manny Cav

Quote from: GameMaster on June 26, 2009, 07:39:01 PM
Flemoids being sent to the shadow realm, that'll be the day.
Now there's some real LULZ. Forget the Flemoids' dimension, let's just zorch them to the Shadow Realm! And yea for mismatched accents!
R.I.P. The Game
January 3rd, 1937-
January 7th, 2010

GameMaster

Quote from: Manny Cav on June 27, 2009, 11:09:49 AM
Quote from: GameMaster on June 26, 2009, 07:39:01 PM
Flemoids being sent to the shadow realm, that'll be the day.
Now there's some real LULZ. Forget the Flemoids' dimension, let's just zorch them to the Shadow Realm! And yea for mismatched accents!
I think I have a mod idea brewing.

Manny Cav

The mod's name will be Chex Quest Anime, and the premises will be going to the Flemoids' dimension and zorching them there. This has been done before, but the difference here is that zorching them from within their own dimension will not kill them, but zorch them to another dimension--the Shadow Realm, of course. Fred Chexter will also talk like a Brit throughout the mod, and there will be, as Atariangamer put it, "really odd humor."
R.I.P. The Game
January 3rd, 1937-
January 7th, 2010

GameMaster

For a US release, there will be an edition called Chex Quest Anime: The 4kids dub. Zorchers are replaced with the OMG PURPLE LAZORZ, the LOL hammer gun, the WTF poison suction cups, super soakers that somehow shoot bullets, and green rifles.

The opening sequence will be replaced by a fast paced clipshow accompanied by rap music and all background music replaced by unfitting generic synthesized crap.

And Fred Chexter.......shall have an aussie accent!

And we'll end up with a intro scene like this when Chexter prepares for battle. Also, chexter will have to lose about 50 pounds.

"Give us those nice bright colors, give us the greens of summer, makes you think all the world's a sunny day."

You can find me on the CQFF discord: https://discord.gg/AgNhjem

Batmanifestdestiny

When Chexter will interrogate Flemoids, he will just point his finger, instead of a Zorcher, in the 4kids edition.  Also, some major character(such as the Flembrane) will be given an extremely annoying voice, to the point that anyone older than 10 will just mute the TV and put on Closed Captions anytime he's about to have a talking scene.  Also, since this show will be owned by 4kids, the times that were designed for commercial breaks will not be used, but instead random moments in the middle of words, sentences, or movements shall be cut off for commercials advertising Sunny-D and Frosted Flakes, along with a commercial for some cheap action figure based on a show that no one's ever seen, with so many removable parts that every suburban mom in America will have to wear thick boots when walking through their kids' rooms, all the time thinking "Why did I buy that stupid toy??"

please visit my website.

Use the CQ IRC channel!

GameMaster

4kids will also promote the living crap out of the franchise, launching numerous toy lines, over promoting the series and milking every last drop of profit, and when you think it's over, they go and produce their own movie/spinoff series with false canon and poor plot. (YGOthemovie/capsule monsters anyone?)

Datra

And then they'll go ahead and release a Trading Card Game based on the series which will turn around and reinvent the show.

I also remember there was someone a while back who was going to make a scripted Chex Quest movie. sorry for not remembering but who was it?
CQHD Community Dev