What if...

Started by matthias720, June 26, 2009, 03:39:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GameMaster

Quote from: Datra on June 27, 2009, 06:51:31 PM
I also remember there was someone a while back who was going to make a scripted Chex Quest movie. sorry for not remembering but who was it?

The Green Avenger. He hasn't been around lately. RL I guess. If I remember right, it was going to a parody/goof take on CQ.

Datra

Oh yeah, now I remember. That movie really seemed promising.
CQHD Community Dev

GameMaster

You know, I can co-write a script with someone. I once wrote a script for a Stargate parody, me and some friends were gonna actually act it but RL got too demanding. I never finished the script, but what was done I think came off. It's full of inside jokes only my circle would understand, but a lot of interwebz humor and random WTFLOL kind of thing.

ChexCommander

Quote from: GameMaster on June 27, 2009, 10:17:45 PM
You know, I can co-write a script with someone. I once wrote a script for a Stargate parody, me and some friends were gonna actually act it but RL got too demanding. I never finished the script, but what was done I think came off. It's full of inside jokes only my circle would understand, but a lot of interwebz humor and random WTFLOL kind of thing.

If you actually filmed that and uploaded to youtube, I would give you over 9000 lolz points.

We should all film parts of the movie and then send it to someone to put them all together.
"I don't cook, either. Not as long as they still deliver pizza." -Tiger Woods

GameMaster

Are we still talking about CQ or SG-1?

And putting all the parts together isn't a hard task, anybody with Windows Movie Maker can do that. (Excluding me.)

ChexCommander

I was talking about CQ on everything.

And yeah, it's not too hard to edit the clips. I use Adobe Premiere Elements and VisionLab Studio....just cause I'm like that and enjoy movies. But this is a cool idea, filming any sort of CQ movie.
"I don't cook, either. Not as long as they still deliver pizza." -Tiger Woods

GameMaster

I can't film live action, but I can make pretty decent GIF animation if someone would point me to the right (preferably free and easy) software.

Batmanifestdestiny

Quote from: GameMaster on June 28, 2009, 07:07:55 PM
I can't film live action, but I can make pretty decent GIF animation if someone would point me to the right (preferably free and easy) software.
Personally, I find UnFREEz to be quite easy :)

please visit my website.

Use the CQ IRC channel!

GameMaster

It appears that program only makes animation out of seperate GIF files.
That means I have to painstakingly draw every single frame separately in MS Paint, save and import. I need a program that has a drawer built in to make it more space efficient and a load easier and faster to use.

Manny Cav

Quote from: GameMaster on June 28, 2009, 09:37:45 PM
It appears that program only makes animation out of seperate GIF files.
That means I have to painstakingly draw every single frame separately in MS Paint, save and import. I need a program that has a drawer built in to make it more space efficient and a load easier and faster to use.

Ulead GIF Animator 2.0 is your friend. 2.0 is the last freeware version of it before it became paid software. Even though it's several versions behind, I still find it to be an extremely versatile program. It gives you a boatload of features without forcing them on you or making the program hard to navigate. Everything is easy to find, use, and understand, as least from my experience, which is more than I can say for programs like GIMP. All of the animated GIFs on Chex Quest Gallery were made in GIF Animator 2.0. I can't fathom why anyone would need any other program to do their GIF animating. This is seriously the best you're going to find in the freeware market.
R.I.P. The Game
January 3rd, 1937-
January 7th, 2010