Wolfenchex?

Started by TrueDude, February 23, 2008, 10:02:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrueDude

I've been wondering this for a while, but decided to finally post it. I've looked at the wiki and found the following statement intriguing:

QuoteA fan-made prequel is also in development using the Wolfenstein 3D engine.

What is this? I can't ever find it or anything else on it. Is it even real?

Loremaster

First news I've ever heard of it. Probably a project that was abandoned long ago.
Did we really just spend the last decade talking about Chex Quest? Yes. Yes we did.

I regret nothing!

Atariangamer

...who was this contributer? I would love to see a Wolf 3d Chex Quest!
Don't remember me as I was...I was an idiot.

GameMaster

that was me
a long time ago i was going to do a chex quest mod for the wolf3D engine. i had plans and everything. story all shaped out. it was a go. i even started and finished a few levels. all n*** sprites replaced with flemoids. it died somehow. dont ask.

btw, i dont know who put that on wikipedia. i feel kind of honored  :o

TrueDude

Could we have what was made of it? I would like to try it out.

Atariangamer

MEE TOO!!! and uh, how do u run it? if ya did post it

Dvader0086

I don't know of anything but dos for this one guys...

Atariangamer

...I no have wolfenstein, could you post it as total conversion? source is free, so just fully replace the data files. Pleaze work on this Gamemaster!

Dvader0086

he could probably work on it as a daoom wad... Just like Boingo...

Loremaster

There are Wolf3D engines out there for Windows. It's still a popular game with a large following. A little searching will turn something up.
Did we really just spend the last decade talking about Chex Quest? Yes. Yes we did.

I regret nothing!

GameMaster

nope sry, its gone for good

atariangamer: use DOSbox http://www.dosbox.com
runs orginal doom and the orginal CD chex quest as it was intended

loremaster: for real? show me

Atariangamer

dude...if you could, give me an engine, and some definitinons and I will hack/create a Chex Quest for Wolf3D engine.
The mapping there seems simpler. The most I can get (cause computer games are different in the copyright section for me) is shareware, but with a small amount of editing, you can up the level count right? I'd like to try this, if I can get the tools...

Lucius

Why would you do that when you can just make wolfensteinish levels in the doom engine?

Atariangamer

...i'm retro. retro gaming, retro cars, retro music...even retro computers and technology (original phones...).

I like running things the way they were intended, and I like the Wolfenstein3D engine much better. So much better, if I owned a good full version, I would hack it right now, but I should be able to do this with share ware, right? And could some *believer* give me some tools for graphics editing in Wolf3d?

Lucius

So... just make rooms using only right angles with no sector height changes and the same light level...