Main Menu

Chex Quest Return of the Queen...

Started by Dvader0086, January 13, 2008, 11:44:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dvader0086

Ok, since the board was closed here's a new one...

The Slimeinator

Sometimes you've got to go where everybody knows your name.

James 1:5

Dvader0086

Progress is at a standstill right now...

I am sorry to say that but I've been busy with other stuff...

mob720

Can u post the latest download? I don't really have your wad right now... :-\

This is for Legacy and it's an IWAD correct?
Still looking at my maps every now and then...

The Slimeinator

I've seen it work on GZdoom and Skulltag.
Sometimes you've got to go where everybody knows your name.

James 1:5

Dvader0086

Dvader0086

I was thinking about making my MOD in MMF2 but I need strife's help... I am only a intermediate user, and he's probably advanced or expert in MMF...

Strife, If you could get back to me on my PM i just sent that would be wonderful...

Atariangamer

wait wait wait...your gonna do a DooM TC in MMF??? That would help your skilz in the program, but it also might be unnecessary. How hard is it to build a first person shooter in MMF?
Don't remember me as I was...I was an idiot.

Dvader0086

I dunno, but I've seen it done... That's why I need strife... I need help making such a game... I would assume it's rathur advanced stuff... I bet I could manage...

Atariangamer

Hmm...!!!STRIFE!!! GET OVER HERE AND HELP DVADER!!! I'd love to see a DooM mod on something other than source ports. A completely new software could help you over come many problems Chex modders have.

Dvader0086

strife no answer in days... can anyone tell me when he last posted or logged in?
EDIT: Ok nevermind... He can help if he wishes but I think I figured it out...

Dvader0086

at the risk of double posting... I have some news...

I figured out how to make a first person shooter in MMF2 but am unable to figure out how to make moving sprites... I'll have to ask for help from ether strife or some guys on another board...

Atariangamer

Well, even if it turns out DooM 32x style (look it up), id love to see something standalone.

Dvader0086

I may not be able to do somthing standalone. I would have to do more work, and I don't know if it's worth it to make an entirely new engine...

However I do have good news!

ALPHA 9 IS HERE! You can get it from Annihilation Softwares webpage...

My suggestion: Get the CQROTQ + Annihiltion OS... Plus download some other games... They are fun! The OS launches all the games and the update to Alpha 9 creates the WAD in the OS folder...

Atariangamer

AOS? An actual OS or just a launcher, and does it run doom?

What I meant about standalone, it'd be better to put CQ in one excutable...but thats not what you're doing! You're taking an established IWAD and putting it to CQ...Nvrmind. If you were making a from scratch cq game, a standalone would be better.