Main Menu

Chex Quest Return of the Queen...

Started by Dvader0086, January 13, 2008, 11:44:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Slimeinator

I think CQROTQ is meant to run in GZDooM.
Sometimes you've got to go where everybody knows your name.

James 1:5

arch129

I have been having trouble starting this in Legacy it keeps giving me an error saying "R_InitTextures: Missing pacth in texture TR02"
I have tryed it in GZDoom an it works fine.
I aslo notice that the music in levels MAP27, MAP29, MAP30, MAP31, and MAP32 changed back.

Dvader0086

don't worry... I'll change it... Thank you for bringing it up...

Manny Cav

Dvader0086, what's the official word on the source port to be used?
R.I.P. The Game
January 3rd, 1937-
January 7th, 2010

Dvader0086

It's been changed to GZdoom... It works well on there...

Manny Cav

Got a couple more questions.

First, is this a PWAD, or an IWAD?

Second, would it be too much trouble to include a batch file for GZDoom in your next release? ZDoom and GZDoom aren't as easy as Legacy to specify IWADs and PWADs with, and I really loathe it when I'm handed a mod for one of the two without a good batch file to run it with.
R.I.P. The Game
January 3rd, 1937-
January 7th, 2010

arch129

Quote from: Manny Cav on April 14, 2008, 11:45:28 PM
Got a couple more questions.

First, is this a PWAD, or an IWAD?

Second, would it be too much trouble to include a batch file for GZDoom in your next release? ZDoom and GZDoom aren't as easy as Legacy to specify IWADs and PWADs with, and I really loathe it when I'm handed a mod for one of the two without a good batch file to run it with.
Normaly I can use the luncher.exe from Legacy to run IWADs or PWADs on GZDooM. It works good but it can run .pk3's.
All you need to do is copy and paste the luncher.exe to where your GZDooM folder is and go to Game Mode from the luncher.exe and change the Legacy.exe to GZDooM.exe

Manny Cav

Eh... that's a little weird and just plain wasteful. I prefer to do things "the legitimate way", and the best way to do that for me would be a good old fashioned batch file.
R.I.P. The Game
January 3rd, 1937-
January 7th, 2010

Replica

I know what you're thinking. No, I don't like peanut butter.

If I had to choose between the real world or the Chex Quest Fan forums; I'd choose the Chex Quest fan forums.

Dvader0086

It's still a complete Iwad... I use ZDL as well so try that...

Dvader0086

Sorry guys! It's just taking a long time to do this now that I am going back to college! I may be able to find time to bump it up to beta soon but I dunno...

snakeman

dudes,
how do i find this game.  i go to every website and it says its not there

Manny Cav

R.I.P. The Game
January 3rd, 1937-
January 7th, 2010

Dvader0086

Yeah sorry about that... I tried to post the site in my sig...

Anyway, been too busy with Shaiya to work on this... Sorry, but won't be until college starts or after when this is a beta...

Atariangamer

Okay....

And I see you too have found the power of a name change...lol
Don't remember me as I was...I was an idiot.