MP3 Again

Started by Atariangamer, July 07, 2009, 01:53:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

That's awesome! I don't have XG softsynth (><) but that sounds amazing to me!

Are you serious, the original in XG sounds BETTER than this? I can't imagine. Keep making this kind of stuff, you've got skill in this.
"Give us those nice bright colors, give us the greens of summer, makes you think all the world's a sunny day."

You can find me on the CQFF discord: https://discord.gg/AgNhjem

Atariangamer

well, i played it, and it really defines the song well. all my instruments are kinda soft (just cuz the instruments aren't designed for harsh leads), but the MIDI has a deep back bone defined by the instruments...

also, this kinda isn't hard...its like taking a piano player and seating him at a synth set to a square lead. same music, different instrument.

but i was gonna ask you guys: should I continue? Episode 2 gave me some trouble, so what about E3? should I try and complete the series?
Don't remember me as I was...I was an idiot.

I'd definitely like to hear an E3M3 remix, personally
"Give us those nice bright colors, give us the greens of summer, makes you think all the world's a sunny day."

ChexCommander

Yes, I agree. E3M3 would be very nice.

And 75, you really should get XG SoftSynth. It's a free driver for your PC to improve MIDI file sounds. I'll send ya a link if you want it.

And GM...hm, I did it easily. I just clicked on the music, extracted it somehow, and it worked...
"I don't cook, either. Not as long as they still deliver pizza." -Tiger Woods

Atariangamer

In the Legendary wads, the music is a few different formats. MUS, MIDI, IT, OGG, and another one i think..

but i'll work on an E3M3 one today

Atariangamer

DOUBLE POST OF EPIC (merge if possible)

I have completed my E3M3 conversion in 2 styles (both not blasting, but with a different end synth. HUGE DIFFERENCE)

Datra

CQ mp3's!! DO WANT!! *downloads*

*EDIT* This sounds awesome Atarian. Me likey a lot. very futuristic sounding (especially E3M3)
CQHD Community Dev

ChexCommander

My connection just went at 4 MB/s, so I just downloaded each MP3 in one second!  :o

EDIT: Both...E3M3s....sound the same...

Atariangamer

The ends are different. One is high, the other is low.

ChexCommander

I'll take another look.

Quote from: ChexCommander on July 08, 2009, 12:07:28 PM
And 75, you really should get XG SoftSynth. It's a free driver for your PC to improve MIDI file sounds. I'll send ya a link if you want it.

I tried it, but vista hates it, unfortunately.

Atariangamer

yeah...the original XG softsynth was for 9x and 2000, then someone hacked it for XP, but IDK how it works on vista...apparently it doesn't.

Maybe there is another software synthesizer. The normal wavetable is fail. you can somehow get soundfonts as midi drivers.

LAZ Trooper

This makes me want to try playing the electric guitar part on real guitar...
Use the CQ IRC channel! (were it working...)

Current Projects:
Chex Quest: The Great Invasion (on hold)
Chex Quest Skulltag Pack - mapper
The Chex Crusades: Return to Bazoik
Map of Epic (unannounced. If you notice this and ask about, good for you. You won't get any information. And I am out o

Atariangamer

hehe, if you want, i'll crack open the midi and get you some notes.

ChexCommander

Quote from: LAZ Trooper on September 09, 2009, 11:16:08 PM
This makes me want to try playing the electric guitar part on real guitar...

I've done it. It's really fun. :)