CQ nicknames?

Started by R.Mee Studios, July 23, 2009, 11:15:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

R.Mee Studios

Does anyone else have nicknames they use for CQ weapons and/or Flemoids? As for me, they are listed below.

Bootspoon: Spoon
Super Bootspork: the Fork
mini zorcher: 2 (lol that's the # you press to get it)
rapid zorcher: 4
large zorcher: 3
zorch propulser: 5
phasing zorcher: either 6 or the 'ball gun'
LAZ device: 'Shumah (Shuh-muh) Gun' or 7

Flemoids:

Way back in '97, for one I never really called them Flemoids, I called them green-guys. I used to call Communus flems 'girls' (wearing a dress) and bipedous 'boys' (no dress). The Cytoplots have always been 'Saucers' and Armored Bipedous 'Space Men'. The Flembrane was always 'the big green-guy'.

Has anyone else created their own 'Chex Vocabulary'? Actuallycome to think of it, now I call everything that's supposed to be called 'Chex' (Chex Armor) 'Chexr'. lol 'You picked up the Chexr armor'.
WHALEWARE! :whale

Replica

Well, I have none for flemoids. I do have weapons though.

Bootspoon: Spoon.
Superbootspoon: Spork.
Mini Zorcher: Pea shooter. (Doom thing...)
Large zorcher: Large zorcher.
Rapid Zorcher: I just call it the chaingun.
Porpulsor: Launcher.
PhaseZorcher: Cam recorder.
LAZ: Brain Beam. >.<
I know what you're thinking. No, I don't like peanut butter.

If I had to choose between the real world or the Chex Quest Fan forums; I'd choose the Chex Quest fan forums.

JDWolfe

Just cause I'm random like this
Bootspork: Spaghetti machine (dont ask >.>)
Zorcher: Le Pew Pew
Laz Device: Mah Lazor.

Thats it :D

xbolt

Way back in 1996, the Cycloptis was 'The Floating Guy' and the BWA was 'The Shooting Guy'.

noob1234

Flemoids= "patooas" because of Chexter's pain sound
Bootspoon=spoon
Flembrane=wall of slime
Larva=worm

R.Mee Studios

WHALEWARE! :whale

Batmanifestdestiny

I used to always have these names for them:

Bootspoon:BootSpoon
Super Bootspork: Spork
Mini zorcher: First gun
Large Zorcher: Big gun
Rapid Zorcher: That Fast One
Zorch Propulsor: The Good One
LAZ Device: The Lasagna Gun

Flemoids:
I didn't really discern from the flemoids much, other than the Cycloptis was "the scary one" and the flembrane was "the last one"

As you can see, I was very young when I made these.

please visit my website.

Use the CQ IRC channel!

For me the BWAs were the scary ones, they made pretty wierd sounds, so I thought they must've been really tough. I always took out the Phasing Zorcher, I just wanted to be rid of them as quickly as possible.

I don't think I truly figured out what they shot until fairly recently.
"Give us those nice bright colors, give us the greens of summer, makes you think all the world's a sunny day."

You can find me on the CQFF discord: https://discord.gg/AgNhjem

ChexCommander

I was SO scared of the BWAs. When I got to the last part of E1M2 (Storage, the room where the exit switch is), I'd get freaked out from all the BWAs shooting at me.
"I don't cook, either. Not as long as they still deliver pizza." -Tiger Woods

noob1234

Quote from: ChexCommander on July 24, 2009, 10:52:12 AM
I was SO scared of the BWAs. When I got to the last part of E1M2 (Storage, the room where the exit switch is), I'd get freaked out from all the BWAs shooting at me.
me 2
also:
Quadrumpus=Quad

Captain Ventris

My brother and I had the original game on CD, and read up on the site when CQ2 was released, so we had the common and scientific names for all the flemoids correct, as well as the weapons. No nicknames.

Datra

When I was young, I didn't know the scientific names for flemoids so the commonus' were just called flemoids with the bipedicus being called "stronger flemoids" cycloptis' were called "floaty thingies" BWAs were "metal flemoids" I don't remember what the flembrane was called.

and I didn't know the names of the zorchers either so they were all just called "zorchers" or "guns" (because I knew that's what they represented) but i do vaguely remember me calling the mini zorcher "the remote"
CQHD Community Dev

noob1234

Also, I didn't call Chex Quest its proper name until I found out about CQ3 (November of last year) and I joined here. My family called it "the patooa game" (see 1st post by me in this topic).

JDWolfe

PATTOOOA!

Bless you.

Yeah, that was a bad sneeze. Green stuff came out.

:D -couldnt ressit-

arch129

I only had nick names for the Cycloptis "One Eyes" and The Flembrane "The Wall".