Quantum Chex?

Started by TrueDude, February 25, 2008, 10:57:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrueDude

QuoteQuantum Chex was a total conversion project I started in the old forum, where all of the graphics would be replaced with my own. In addition, the zorchers would have slightly different effects than their CQ counterparts. There are also no flemoids whatsoever - instead, there are enemy soldiers shaped like junk food that will attempt to zorch you into oblivion.

I'm working on quite a few other non-Doom game projects at the moment, which is why I haven't worked on this in a while. ^^; But it's good to know that you guys like what you see so far!

Ah, it's actually good to see a Chex Quest games not oriented with flemoids for once. As cool of enemies as they are, I've always wanted to see something... New, like with CQ: Project Zs new Hybrid enemies. Junk food sounds like a great enemy to fight against, too. I've seen the pictures of the salt, pepper, and large burger beast. You thought bout using potato chips?

Atariangamer

analyzing that single screenshot...is that a wrist mounted zorcher?!?!!?
Don't remember me as I was...I was an idiot.

Manny Cav

Quote from: atariangamer on March 02, 2008, 11:14:34 PM
The last time I saw the Chex Quest thread on Quantum Chex, it was.
R.I.P. The Game
January 3rd, 1937-
January 7th, 2010

Strife

Quote from: Manny Cav on March 03, 2008, 02:01:59 AM
Quote from: atariangamer on March 02, 2008, 11:14:34 PM
The last time I saw the Chex Quest thread on Quantum Chex, it was.

You got that right. ^_^ It's a Wrist Zorcher that fires individual balls of zorch energy, much like the phase zorcher (but obviously not nearly as fast).

I still need to improve the shading on it though. It looks a bit pale in the screenshot methinks.

Atariangamer

O_O you're still working on it? I thought you quit the project!

Or are you planning on releasing what you have, and want it to look good?

Replica

Were did you get that Atariangamer? All he said was he needs to fix it.

@Strife, I dont know why, but when i look at your weapon "Hexen" jumps into my mind :-\
I know what you're thinking. No, I don't like peanut butter.

If I had to choose between the real world or the Chex Quest Fan forums; I'd choose the Chex Quest fan forums.

Atariangamer

If the project isn't going anywhere, why fix it?

And, I don't see hexen there...well, maybe...hmm...

Replica

I think he just has it on hold. He's just saying thats one thing he'll fix once he starts it up again. ;)

If I had to choose between the real world or the Chex Quest Fan forums; I'd choose the Chex Quest fan forums.

Atariangamer

Which was my question, was he starting again? ... You know, most of my words to you, replica, have been argumentative?
why is that?

Replica

I'm not trying to be Argumentative, i'm just informing you ;)

Any way, I dont think he is.

Atariangamer

well, your info always is in contrast to mine...especially my opinions. If he said he was doing it again, and I told someone he wasn't, then you told me he was...I wouldn't be mad. But when you take my opinions and infrences (which are always prone to be an error) and try and do something to 'inform' me about them...thats when I get into defense mode and start arguing (like with the GZDooM/Legacy/ZDooM thing in CQROTQ). I had the opinion that they were kinda based from same code seeing that they all had the same features. I never said they were for real. I wouldn't know. I don't visit the forums unless I absolutely have to. Here is something like that. Why fix it if its dead? If he said "hmm...i'm going to quit this project" or puts it on hold for about a year and a half, then comments in passing about fixing it, and I ask if hes going to start it up again, why ask me where it came from? Its common sense! If he just fixes it for the sake of having it, then doesn't do anything with it, tis a waste of space unless he plans on taking over our modding world with a uber good graphics mod for CQ. I can ask what I want, when I want to, and hopefully without being asked questions about why I ask it! Unless the question is good, I shall ignore it. Asking where random (or seemingly random) questions came from is not a good question. I are entitled to many freedoms in this country, and you, sir, are violating one. I can say what I want, and that includes asking what I want. And I would like to do it without being questioned. Do you want me to question you every time you say something even remotely random (which this wasn't)? If you just quit on your mod, then came back saying that you didn't like the textures and wanted to change them...I'd naturally ask if you were picking the thing up again. You could say "No, was just playing through for times sake, and didn't like the graphics" or "yeah, i'm trying to finish it". But say, IDK, Zorchdude came in and just interupted a good thread by saying "Where did ya get that, Atarian? He just said he wanted to change the textures..." I mean, why would you fix the textures, then just let it sit on your HDD without releasing it (which restarts the mod), deleting it (in frustration), or just not doing it at all? I mean....wtf, dood?

Yes that was long and legnthy, but blame my RL friends for it. They got me so ticked off in Youth Meeting tonite...So I was in teh arguing and defending mode.

Go back to your lives, folks...

Manny Cav

Alright, I'd like to see this end right now as of this post here. We had ourselves a nice, little argument unrelated to Quantum Chex, and with that out of our systems, we can get on with what matters, eh? If you what to continue this, you may do so over PM or another private communication system unrelated to this board.
R.I.P. The Game
January 3rd, 1937-
January 7th, 2010

Atariangamer

Yes...Sorry, Cav. I had been, like I said, on my last nerve last night...that doesn't help.

BUT, with that out of the way, I would like to know (if strife stops by again) if this project might have the chance of being released at the alpha stage or finished work on?