Author Topic: CQFF Survival 101  (Read 23880 times)

Offline xbolt

• The Man with the Beard
  • Administrator
  • Snot Lord
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 21
  • -Receive: 70
  • Honor the Fallen
    • The Page of Xbolt
CQFF Survival 101
« on: August 17, 2009, 02:57:09 AM »
Or: How to Survive Your First Day at the CQFF

If you are a new person who is reading this for the first time, welcome! It's great to have you on board, and we hope you have a great time! I have put together a comprehensive guide to surviving your first day here, per the request of ChexMaster2109, a new member who was confused when we told him about the 'stranger' things that go on here. I hope this will be of help to you. That said, here are the three basic rules that everyone should know:

#1: Avoid the West Wing at any cost. Some time ago, Purple Lampposts appeared there, and we do not know why. There are several theories floating around, but none have been proven as of this writing. They are extremely hazardous, and will not hesitate to eat your soul if given the chance. This is an artist's rendition of a Purple Lamppost: http://www.xboltz.net/stuff/purplelamp.bmp

#2: Ginger Ale is the only known counter to the Lampposts. It has been proven that the Ale has an adverse effect on the Lampposts, and they will almost always avoid you if they know you possess some. So you should carry some on your person at all times. But even so, for your own safety, the West Wing should be considered OFF LIMITS under all circumstances. There have been accidents involving the Lampposts in the past, and we do not wish to see anyone else harmed in the same manner.

#3: Do not feed Loremaster after midnight. I don't fully understand the exact reasons for this myself, but Loremaster will go into a frenzy if he is fed after midnight. This is a fairly simple rule to follow, but there have been casualties resulting from a failure to follow it.

Just follow these rules, and you will have a great time during your stay here. Good luck, and stay safe! :)

Appendix A: The three preceding rules form the core of safety procedures here, and are the three that are traditionally told to newcomers. In addition to them, there are numerous guidelines that are not universally agreed upon, but will still be useful to you. These additions can be found in the posts that follow:
« Last Edit: August 17, 2009, 11:46:14 PM by xbolt »

Chex Quest Fan Forums

CQFF Survival 101
« on: August 17, 2009, 02:57:09 AM »

Offline Kuwabara

• "I do declare, if that Hina lady doesn't stop spin spin spinnin' in that river..."
  • Snot Lord
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 17
Re: CQFF Survival 101
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2009, 02:59:18 AM »
Another rule: Some members are allergic to the word "desu". Excessive use of the word will cause some to foam at the mouth and attack in a sickened RAGE. XD

Offline Allen Walker

• The guy that does a slice and dice with Weiss using Ice.
  • Snot Lord
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 17
  • -Receive: 14
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2009, 03:23:20 AM »
Another rule: If you flame TF2 you will be jumped. If you flame Vocaloid you will be jumped. If you do not bow down to me, you will be jumped. XD

Offline brain candy

• Blue Blaze Irregular
  • Chex Master
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 8
    • same old innocence
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2009, 04:15:45 AM »
#3: Do not feed Loremaster after midnight. I don't fully understand the exact reasons for this myself, but Loremaster will go into a frenzy if he is fed after midnight. This is a fairly simple rule to follow, but there have been casualties resulting from a failure to follow it.
Do not feed Lore after midnight or else he'll turn into this:

Offline Loremaster

• Administrator
  • Maximus
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 9
  • No, Jum. You are the dolls.
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2009, 04:57:18 AM »
Do not feed Lore after midnight or else he'll turn into this:

No, that's AFTER I'm done being horrid after being fed after midnight.

This is what happens if you feed me after midnight:

Which is caused by this:

Oh, Great Mother, forgive me for I cannot resist your Siren's Call...
Did we really just spend the last decade talking about Chex Quest? Yes. Yes we did.

I regret nothing!

Offline Richie

• Administrator
  • Flembrane
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 13
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2009, 12:29:02 PM »
Should I pin this in Introductions, pin it here, or leave it alone?  ;D

Offline Allen Walker

• The guy that does a slice and dice with Weiss using Ice.
  • Snot Lord
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 14
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2009, 01:15:53 PM »
This should be in introductions. It'll give me a good excuse to actually go there. 

Offline Pikazec2012

• Maximus
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 3
  • If i could marry any girl, it would be Lilly Satou
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2009, 01:54:16 PM »
Pin in it in introducions or in bored rules. also i think Tmob should add they paragraph about the nerd whale
I'm Pikazec2012 and this is my favorite site on the internet! (yes i know im 3 years behind on this meme)

Offline matthias720

• Mr. Whaleware
  • Snot Lord
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 43
  • -Receive: 32
  • Up! Up! And ...
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2009, 02:05:19 PM »
This topic has been a long time coming.  Should we add the bit about the zorch experiment that went awry and created that horrible randomness beast that roams the forums from time to time in search of hapless victims?

*EDIT: PS. We should pin this at the beginning of Introductions.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2009, 02:23:29 PM by matthias720 »
:whale :caineware :ninjaware :whale :caineware :ninjaware

Offline Batmanifestdestiny

• oddball
  • Chex Master
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 0
  • Yeah, that's right.
    • CQ Hideout
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2009, 03:11:49 PM »
This topic has been a long time coming.  Should we add the bit about the zorch experiment that went awry and created that horrible randomness beast that roams the forums from time to time in search of hapless victims?
me? XD

Also, don't forget this rule: try not to fail too much, for the fail whale can smell failure a mile away, and eats all who fail themselves or utter the word fail towards others.

please visit my website.

Use the CQ IRC channel!

Offline ChexCommander

• #1 Bro President
  • Multiplayer Team Leader
  • Snot Lord
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 70
  • -Receive: 19
  • Stay classy, cats...stay classy
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2009, 04:07:32 PM »
me? XD

Also, don't forget this rule: try not to fail too much, for the fail whale can smell failure a mile away, and eats all who fail themselves or utter the word fail towards others.

Of course, the fail whale sends them to the abysses of Forum Games. (btw, you still have that pic, bmd?)

Matthias: What experiment? I thought that was Loremaster. XD
"I don't cook, either. Not as long as they still deliver pizza." -Tiger Woods

Offline Atariangamer

• Dormant User
  • Snot Lord
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 54
  • Keelah se'lai
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2009, 04:23:55 PM »
no...the experiment that was created during the rush
Don't remember me as I was...I was an idiot.

Offline ChexCommander

• #1 Bro President
  • Multiplayer Team Leader
  • Snot Lord
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 70
  • -Receive: 19
  • Stay classy, cats...stay classy
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2009, 05:18:13 PM »
Which rush?
"I don't cook, either. Not as long as they still deliver pizza." -Tiger Woods

Offline matthias720

• Mr. Whaleware
  • Snot Lord
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 43
  • -Receive: 32
  • Up! Up! And ...
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2009, 06:37:56 PM »
I was referring to the monster which seizes control on some members and causes them to go on rampages of randomness.
:whale :caineware :ninjaware :whale :caineware :ninjaware

Offline Batmanifestdestiny

• oddball
  • Chex Master
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 0
  • Yeah, that's right.
    • CQ Hideout
« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2009, 08:49:38 PM »
me? XD

Of course, the fail whale sends them to the abysses of Forum Games. (btw, you still have that pic, bmd?)

Matthias: What experiment? I thought that was Loremaster. XD
Yes, I still have it ;)

@CC: The Rush is Rushnerd.

please visit my website.

Use the CQ IRC channel!

Web Hosting by InMotion Hosting