Author Topic: XHTML & CSS finally caught up to me. Need help!  (Read 1550 times)

Offline Manny Cav

• Snot Lord
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
XHTML & CSS finally caught up to me. Need help!
« on: February 29, 2008, 04:00:45 PM »
I took on the challenge of foregoing Microsoft FrontPage on my website and instead creating XHTML and CSS compatible web pages by way of Notepad. I've done fairly well so far with W3Schools on my side, but I always run into trouble when trying to display certain images side by side using a table system. What happened this time is that I want to get rid of the tacky "<br />" tags in my web pages, and replace them with 3 Chex Quest-themed images that are placed side by side: M_THERML, M_THERMM, and M_THERMR. I want to set them up in such a way as to make the left one appear only ONCE on the left edge of the window, the right one appear only ONCE on the right side of the screen, and the middle one tile horizontally between the two to make a neat setup that always matches the width of the window. Something always goes wrong with the tiling if I use tables, and sometimes, three rows appear for the three cells, even though I coded the page for only one row. How can I do something as I described?
R.I.P. The Game
January 3rd, 1937-
January 7th, 2010

Web Hosting by InMotion Hosting