Question about the old Chex Quest website...

Started by celebi23, November 05, 2009, 04:16:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

xbolt

celebi23

Quote from: Atariangamer on November 10, 2009, 08:14:20 PM
Quote from: celebi23 on November 10, 2009, 06:57:52 PM

SHAZAM!

I can tell you, those are freakin legit. I remember that from OH so long ago...when the internet was a better guy.

aw man, I'm gettin me one of those. That just takes me back SO much...

No problem.  Yeah, same here.  I remember my first internet experience being visiting nick.com on a 56k modem  ;D Atariangamer, if you wouldn't mind, if you could rehost the image in your signature?  You guys are welcome to use them, just please rehost them if you can.   I should have the printed pages within a couple of days (hopefully)

ChexCommander

Shockwave was the bomb back in the day. I remember the good ol' days of those pictures.
"I don't cook, either. Not as long as they still deliver pizza." -Tiger Woods

Atariangamer

Dude, I can't wait to see this stuff...

and sure, i'll rehost.
Don't remember me as I was...I was an idiot.

celebi23

Quote from: ChexCommander on November 10, 2009, 10:11:22 PM
Shockwave was the bomb back in the day. I remember the good ol' days of those pictures.

Yeah, it was.  Ah, the days before Flash ;D The Internet was a much simpler place ::)

Quote from: Atariangamer on November 10, 2009, 10:24:05 PM
Dude, I can't wait to see this stuff...

and sure, i'll rehost.

Neither can I.  It will sure bring back a ton of memories. Oh, & thanks for rehosting  :)  I just emailed damien (using the email address from his site).  Hopefully I'll hear back from him before I get the printed pages.  If all goes well, I might be able to have a semi-working version of the site in about a week or so (not making any promises, just kinda optimistic right now  :)  My plan after that, is to either host the reconstructed site myself or, donate it to this community & see if anyone would want to host the completed site.

celebi23

Just got the printed pages in the mail.  wow, so many cool things.  Did you know that Chex Quest 2 had a subtitle? Flemoids take Chextropolis.  ;D  Turns out that there was a Chex Quest 2 intro & an ending animation for Chex Quest 2.  Scanning the pages now.  Should have a semi-working site by later tonight  ;D

Replica

I know what you're thinking. No, I don't like peanut butter.

If I had to choose between the real world or the Chex Quest Fan forums; I'd choose the Chex Quest fan forums.

celebi23

Unfortunately, as of now, I don't.  I've never even seen the Chex Quest 2 intro.  All I have is about 35ish printed pages from the website.  Their all in color.  I'm hoping some of my other emails prove successful.  Hopefully with these new scans, I might be able to find other pieces of the website.  I'm scanning them as PICT images to preserve the quality.  Once finished, I'll begin piecing together the rest of the website & then I'll upload the scans to mediafire.com or something.  Don't worry guys, I'll share them with you  ;D

matthias720

:whale :caineware :ninjaware :whale :caineware :ninjaware

celebi23

Everything scanned.  Now using those to flesh out the other web pages  ;D

celebi23

Got the left hand menu finished.  What I'm doing, for images that were in the black in white scans, I'm taking parts from the color scans & resizing them to fit the earlier ones.  This is just temporary to see how everything looks.  Should have a semi-working version uploaded a little later tonight  ;D   I'm of course listening the Chex Quest soundtrack while working on this  ;D

Replica

Celebi, please use the edit button and not double post.
I know what you're thinking. No, I don't like peanut butter.

If I had to choose between the real world or the Chex Quest Fan forums; I'd choose the Chex Quest fan forums.

ChexCommander

Oh screw it and let him double post, this stuff is amazing!

Celebi, wow, you've got skills! CQ 2: Flemoids Take Chextropolis?  :o

This is SO cool. I can't wait to see what you've got.
"I don't cook, either. Not as long as they still deliver pizza." -Tiger Woods

celebi23

Thanks for the interest guys.  Sorry about double posting.  :-[  Won't happen again  :) Finished the left menu thing, the main page & working on the Chex Quest 2 download page now.  Sooo much text  :o  Going to upload what I've finished to my iDisk account later tonight.  Will post a URL then.  The site won't be in a finished state, just  a small preview.

Atariangamer

Preview would be awesome!

I notice you have a Mac...awesome.

And yeah, the rules on double posting are lightening up, so don't worry about it (much)!

This will be a great addition to our collection, thanks for all the work you're doing!
Don't remember me as I was...I was an idiot.