Beta 10 Release Topic (Outdated)

Started by arch129, March 02, 2008, 10:36:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

arch129

Download -> http://www.mediafire.com/?kuqsw3by0xi
I finished E1M5  ;D
Soon I'll get to work to finish E1M6

mob720

Wow, Arch. I am very impressed at the level. So much detail, and it had the length of a real level. There is nothing really I'd like for you to change, since the level is neatly done. I think you put a lot of work into that level, or you used a lot of prefabs. Nice work! I give it a 4.5 out of 5. (because I got really confused in the middle of the level.)
Still looking at my maps every now and then...

arch129

Quote from: mob720 on March 03, 2008, 10:37:02 PM
Wow, Arch. I am very impressed at the level. So much detail, and it had the length of a real level. There is nothing really I'd like for you to change, since the level is neatly done. I think you put a lot of work into that level, or you used a lot of prefabs. Nice work! I give it a 4.5 out of 5. (because I got really confused in the middle of the level.)

I glad you liked it.  ;D
I worked especially hard on this map.

Does any one think I should change the health of the Pain Elemental replacement to make it harder
because at this point it have the same attack and health points as the Cacodemon replacement.

The Slimeinator

Another great level from arch129. Again, I am impressed. I shall be updating your page in the Chex Quest wiki soon.
Sometimes you've got to go where everybody knows your name.

James 1:5

arch129

Quote from: The Slimeinator on March 12, 2008, 04:05:44 AM
Another great level from arch129. Again, I am impressed. I shall be updating your page in the Chex Quest wiki soon.

You came back! :o
Glad you liked my level.  ;D

The Slimeinator

Quote from: arch129 on March 12, 2008, 09:29:53 PM
Quote from: The Slimeinator on March 12, 2008, 04:05:44 AM

You came back! :o
Glad you liked my level.  ;D

I pulled an atariangamer, according to Manny Cav. :D

Replica

Dont you mean Master of Nachos?
I know what you're thinking. No, I don't like peanut butter.

If I had to choose between the real world or the Chex Quest Fan forums; I'd choose the Chex Quest fan forums.

The Slimeinator

Manny Cav

After looking through your WAD, it looks as if the music entries D_E3M1 and D_E3M4 occur twice in the same WAD. Is this deliberate, or is it something that needs to be corrected?

EDIT: Sorry I accadenty pressed the edit button on your post when I was trying to post. arch
R.I.P. The Game
January 3rd, 1937-
January 7th, 2010

arch129

QuoteAfter looking through your WAD, it looks as if the music entries D_E3M1 and D_E3M4 occur twice in the same WAD. Is this deliberate, or is it something that needs to be corrected?

I did'nt see that, its fixed now.
Speeking of music I have been trying to convert the music in the WAD from MIDI to MUS some of the music works fine but others come out disorted. :(

Manny Cav

I've had that happen to me. It's just a flaw in the conversion. The MUS files sometimes don't sound the same (I've even had it lower the tempo of a MIDI file and stretch the length out to over twice the length of the original file) as the original MIDI files, and the MIDI files reconverted from the MUS files never are the same as the original MIDI files, even if they sound like it. You could try using different converters, if that is even an option, but there may not be a cure for this one. If GZDoom allows straight MIDI files, as I'm sure it does, it may be best for you to just leave them as straight MIDI files.
R.I.P. The Game
January 3rd, 1937-
January 7th, 2010

arch129

Im probably going to leave the music files as MIDI.
I changed the status bar quite a bit. Tell me what you think? Do you like this one better or the orignal.

xbolt

This mod is for Legacy, right? If so, you need to have the music in MUS format for it to run on some computers. Maybe you could upload the troublesome files and see if other people can get them to work? Just a thought...

As for the status bar, IMO the green Q is too... something... The rest of the bar looks ok, though.

Manny Cav

The green is actually the official icon for Che Quest: The Lost Quest, I believe. I looked at arch129's site and saw the green icon as a representation for his mod. And isn't this mod for GZDoom?
R.I.P. The Game
January 3rd, 1937-
January 7th, 2010

The Slimeinator