May I present my (somewhat complete) reconstruction of www.chexquest.com!

Started by celebi23, November 13, 2009, 05:17:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

celebi23

Quote from: Atariangamer on April 15, 2010, 08:39:26 AM
Look great! Good work on that!
:) Thanks.  Looks like the printouts that I got has different entries for the BIOS page.  My scanner kinda overlooked that (it only scanned the images on the BIOS page)  :facepalm  I'll put up a link at the top of the present BIOS page that links to the one that I'm working on now  :)

celebi23

Atariangamer

on the bios page, there's a code error with the flemoids heading...also, is there supposed to be such huge spaces in between the bios?

Also, I noticed alot of everything was slid over to the side...Is that how it always was?

If it was...have you ever considered making a CQ site revamp? XD
Don't remember me as I was...I was an idiot.

LAZ Trooper

Use the CQ IRC channel! (were it working...)

Current Projects:
Chex Quest: The Great Invasion (on hold)
Chex Quest Skulltag Pack - mapper
The Chex Crusades: Return to Bazoik
Map of Epic (unannounced. If you notice this and ask about, good for you. You won't get any information. And I am out o

ChexCommander

Quote from: LAZ Trooper on April 18, 2010, 11:27:34 AM
I presume the extra A thingy (Chex®) will be fixed?

That's not him, that's the encoding on your browser.  Go to the View tab and switch it to Unicode.

Lookin' good, celebi! :)
"I don't cook, either. Not as long as they still deliver pizza." -Tiger Woods

celebi23

Quote from: Atariangamer on April 18, 2010, 09:54:35 AM
on the bios page, there's a code error with the flemoids heading...also, is there supposed to be such huge spaces in between the bios?

Also, I noticed alot of everything was slid over to the side...Is that how it always was?

If it was...have you ever considered making a CQ site revamp? XD

When working on the site, I looked at the printouts.  So, the formatting is the same as the original site

Not sure what's causing that problem  :facepalm Can't seem to find the source of it  :facepalm

Quote from: ChexCommander on April 18, 2010, 01:50:49 PM

That's not him, that's the encoding on your browser.  Go to the View tab and switch it to Unicode.

Lookin' good, celebi! :)

Huh.  Thanks for the heads up  :)  Is there a way in an html page to switch the encoding automatically?

Atariangamer

In Firefox:
View>Character Encoding>Auto-Detect>Universal

Works like a charm now...

Also, just had a thought...

In the FAQ, the first few lines of text are a very classic styled formatting...
maybe if you used the same formatting around the charts, they could be fixed?
Don't remember me as I was...I was an idiot.

HyperStandard

Just a suggestion, but if you put <meta content="text/html; charset=utf-8" http-equiv="Content-Type"> in the <head> tag you may fix the issue so people don't have to set the encoding manually. Also maybe putting <!DOCTYPE html> before the <html> tag may help, but I wouldn't swear to it.

nyaa im a cat

zombefIedZeroMegamanTikal

Whoopenstein

If you go to the download section, I uploaded the original FAQ.HTM and CHEATS.HTM files that I saved from www.chexquest.com in 1997. None of the pictures are there - but if you view the page source, you can match up the images from the scans. All of the images were GIF files and the Chexster GIF was animated. The only thing I'm not sure of was the background image used.
I remember trying to download the video called "Ending Animation" but couldn't figure out where the source was.

celebi23

Quote from: Whoopenstein on January 20, 2013, 02:24:47 PM
If you go to the download section, I uploaded the original FAQ.HTM and CHEATS.HTM files that I saved from www.chexquest.com in 1997. None of the pictures are there - but if you view the page source, you can match up the images from the scans. All of the images were GIF files and the Chexster GIF was animated. The only thing I'm not sure of was the background image used.
I remember trying to download the video called "Ending Animation" but couldn't figure out where the source was.

I know I've been gone a loooong time (real life got in the way  :P ) but, I'm back now and I'm going to use those pages to help improve the site.  Thank you!  Might you have any other of the pages saved?

Whoopenstein

Quote from: celebi23 on June 20, 2013, 03:35:26 AM
I know I've been gone a loooong time (real life got in the way  :P ) but, I'm back now and I'm going to use those pages to help improve the site.  Thank you!  Might you have any other of the pages saved?

I thought I had saved a bunch of the images but the only one I could find was the flemoid alert banner.  That and the FAQ.HTM and CHEATS.HTM pages. That doesn't mean I don't have them somewhere. I have hundreds of CD's and DVD's full of files.

Anyway, I played around with matching up the scanned images, etc with the HTM files and I'm posting it in the downloads section.

celebi23

Quote from: Whoopenstein on July 04, 2013, 11:01:52 PM
Quote from: celebi23 on June 20, 2013, 03:35:26 AM

I thought I had saved a bunch of the images but the only one I could find was the flemoid alert banner.  That and the FAQ.HTM and CHEATS.HTM pages. That doesn't mean I don't have them somewhere. I have hundreds of CD's and DVD's full of files.

Anyway, I played around with matching up the scanned images, etc with the HTM files and I'm posting it in the downloads section.

Sorry for the very late respond.  Thank you!  Just let me know if you're able to find any other images :D

Awesomedude249

Actually, I have some experience with GIMP (GNU Image Manipulation Program) and other such programs, and I could potentially turn some of the black and white Flemoids into color Flemoids.
I used to be the new guy that no one talks to, now I'm just the vaguely familiar guy that no one talks to

LAZ Trooper

Going through some old papers I found a couple interesting ones pertaining to the website.

The chexquest.com/src/cheats.htm page:
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Certified Flemoid-at-Heart certificate:
[spoiler][/spoiler]
I can provide a higher resolution scan if anybody's interested, but it's pretty much just what I have there, very pixelated.
Use the CQ IRC channel! (were it working...)

Current Projects:
Chex Quest: The Great Invasion (on hold)
Chex Quest Skulltag Pack - mapper
The Chex Crusades: Return to Bazoik
Map of Epic (unannounced. If you notice this and ask about, good for you. You won't get any information. And I am out o