May I present my (somewhat complete) reconstruction of www.chexquest.com!

Started by celebi23, November 13, 2009, 05:17:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

darkstone

LAZ Trooper

Not really sure what good it'll do you, but here's the full resolution I scanned it at:
[spoiler][/spoiler]
Use the CQ IRC channel! (were it working...)

Current Projects:
Chex Quest: The Great Invasion (on hold)
Chex Quest Skulltag Pack - mapper
The Chex Crusades: Return to Bazoik
Map of Epic (unannounced. If you notice this and ask about, good for you. You won't get any information. And I am out o

Awesomedude249

I used to be the new guy that no one talks to, now I'm just the vaguely familiar guy that no one talks to

TrueDude

I can't make out what it says under the "Flemoidus Maximus" bit beyond aka, do you happen to remember what it says?

Also, more importantly, it looks like the site recreation is down for the moment.

LAZ Trooper

Use the CQ IRC channel! (were it working...)

Current Projects:
Chex Quest: The Great Invasion (on hold)
Chex Quest Skulltag Pack - mapper
The Chex Crusades: Return to Bazoik
Map of Epic (unannounced. If you notice this and ask about, good for you. You won't get any information. And I am out o

Richie

Is there a download of the reconstructed .htm files somewhere in this thread?  The original links aren't working.

If I recall correctly webs accounts get "frozen" when they get too many views, I think if you come back in a couple of months you'll find that they're working again (hopefully).
"Give us those nice bright colors, give us the greens of summer, makes you think all the world's a sunny day."

You can find me on the CQFF discord: https://discord.gg/AgNhjem

celebi23

Hey guys.  I'm in the process of finding a different host to upload the site to.  I've got all the files still.  Should be up by the end of next week.

Awesomedude249

Quote from: celebi23 on July 14, 2016, 07:52:27 PM
Hey guys.  I'm in the process of finding a different host to upload the site to.  I've got all the files still.  Should be up by the end of next week.
The previous post contains a large spread of win.
I used to be the new guy that no one talks to, now I'm just the vaguely familiar guy that no one talks to

Mirrorman95

Since said site was never made public to the best of my knowledge, nor were the color scans, all we have to work with are the original grayscale scans of the pages and the incomplete source code posted here as WWW.CHEXQUEST.COM.zip. The bios page was missing some content right in the same area as the missing page in the greyscale scans, specifically the bios and full-body pictures of Generals Puffer and Breakfaust. Fortunately, Dank posted the missing bios on the Chex Quest Wikia (though I of course have no way to verify them, they seem legitimate). I added them both back into the webpage with some simple html editing. Also, Boingo the Clown had a groupshot of Loops, Puffer, Breakfaust, and Wheet in his TUCQV6.WAD, which I was able to blow up and crop into profile pictures, though the background makes them contrast with the others' pics.

To see the patched bios page in full, download the webpage source code from the link in celebi23's original post, http://www.mediafire.com/?mjj21gimikg , then unzip it, then in the src folder add the two images I have attached here to it and replace its bios.htm with my attached edited one. Then open bios.htm in a web browser to see the bios.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Richie

Quote from: Mirrorman95 on June 21, 2020, 11:22:00 AM
Since said site was never made public to the best of my knowledge, nor were the color scans, all we have to work with are the original grayscale scans of the pages and the incomplete source code posted here as WWW.CHEXQUEST.COM.zip. The bios page was missing some content right in the same area as the missing page in the greyscale scans, specifically the bios and full-body pictures of Generals Puffer and Breakfaust. Fortunately, Dank posted the missing bios on the Chex Quest Wikia (though I of course have no way to verify them, they seem legitimate). I added them both back into the webpage with some simple html editing. Also, Boingo the Clown had a groupshot of Loops, Puffer, Breakfaust, and Wheet in his TUCQV6.WAD, which I was able to blow up and crop into profile pictures, though the background makes them contrast with the others' pics.

To see the patched bios page in full, download the webpage source code from the link in celebi23's original post, http://www.mediafire.com/?mjj21gimikg , then unzip it, then in the src folder add the two images I have attached here to it and replace its bios.htm with my attached edited one. Then open bios.htm in a web browser to see the bios.

This is great, thank you!