Chex Quest Central

Started by iTim.2009, December 01, 2009, 01:15:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

iTim.2009

My appearance on this forum is rather spotty...

Hello, again, everyone of ChexQuest.org. I'd like to take this time to update you on some things on a personal level and concern my first website.

I'm now at Middle Tennessee State University majoring in Professional Computer Science, and I'm also enrolled in the University Honors College. (Also, any Sinfonians out there?) Other than that, not much about me has changed since my post back in February of 2008.

Now, concerning Chex Quest Central:

As most of you might know (somehow this forum has kept a reputation for myself alive all these years... amazing) I created a detailed fan site back in 2004 dedicated solely to Chex Quest and it's community. Chex Quest Central was live and public for nearly two and a half years. I let it expire after a loss of interest with Chex Quest itself, not of the web developing hobby.

Since then, I've gotten few and far between comments concerning this old pastime of mine. However, recent, MacRumors and CQFF member celebi23 asked me some questions about that site and linked me to the WayBack machine, where CQC was archived almost in its entirety. After about two hours down memory lane (and finally responding to his email) I decided to do CQC one last favor...

Chex Quest Central is coming back up.

Now, don't get too excited. It will only be an archived copy of the site, much like the WayBack machine has. In fact, I'm getting mostly everything from there. I will be hosting the archived site on my server. Every page will be virtually identical to the way it looked when it came down in 2006, with some minor changes. The entire site will be optimized to meet CSS3 and HTML5 standards, and I will fix some incredibly annoying spelling errors that I can not believe I uploaded... I will also make mention of Charles "Chuck" Jacobi's Chex Quest 3 download.

I literally just started today, so much is to be done. Since this isn't a 'new' thing, and you can find it anyway on the WayBack machine, I'm not going to say "COMING SOON" and it be three months before I even touch it again. So, here ya go. And... keep in mind... I was young when I made this. Just keep that in mind.

http://itiminc.com/Projects/chexcentral/

Thanks to all of those who showed a great deal of interest in CQC. This will be worth my time, I'm sure.
Lt. Col. Tim Williams of the Chex Squadron.

Former alias: ChexBoss32890

matthias720

Cool.  Hope it turns out good. ;)
:whale :caineware :ninjaware :whale :caineware :ninjaware

Richie

Welcome back, Tim!  This is a great archive of our past!

Atariangamer

Wow. I never got to see CQC...that looks AMAZING.
Don't remember me as I was...I was an idiot.

ChexCommander

Ah, the Sinfonians! Our band actually played a piece of the same name, and our band director was a former member.

I remember you talking about being in a drum corp a long while back...I love marching. What do you play? Band is one of the reasons I love school. :D

Anyways, Chex Quest Central! How great it is to see it once again. :)
"I don't cook, either. Not as long as they still deliver pizza." -Tiger Woods

Datra

No Way! Chex Quest Central is coming back up!! :o Ah the memories. Before I knew the CQFF even existed, that was my go-to site for anything Chex Quest(I never saw the CQ2 flemoids until I found the site) and was really bummed when the site died. this site actually helped reopen the door to me getting back into the game after roughly 10 years of it being just a memory. Eventually leading me to TUCQ, Newmaps, and in the end, here.
This is one trip down memory lane that I will be greatly looking forward too.
CQHD Community Dev

xbolt

The Boss returns, bringing back CQC! Epic! ;D

...Is it just me, or do all of the sidebar links loop back to the index page?

Atariangamer

I don't think its done yet...I get the loops too.
Don't remember me as I was...I was an idiot.

ChexCommander

Quote from: xbolt on December 03, 2009, 02:38:31 AM
The Boss returns, bringing back CQC! Epic! ;D

...Is it just me, or do all of the sidebar links loop back to the index page?

It's not finished yet. ;)
"I don't cook, either. Not as long as they still deliver pizza." -Tiger Woods

iTim.2009

Currently I'm trying to rebuild the interface from what I could get from the web archive. Everything was preserved, including the links. The links point to separate $_GET methods I used to decipher page from page while keeping the actual amount of code to a minimum.

Those links currently take you nowhere. As I find the time, the pages will come back up.

I also decided that since so much about Chex Quest has changed since this site was last archived (and I hate the way that it looks like a 12-year typed it... oh wait...) I will be updating the site to be current, and better serve as a one-stop information source, much like my original goal for the site seven years ago.
Lt. Col. Tim Williams of the Chex Squadron.

Former alias: ChexBoss32890