Help! Unauthorized use of Chex Quest song!

Started by Flurb, December 14, 2009, 06:14:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flurb

Someone messaged my ChexQuestMusic page and reported that this song was stolen from him without his permission.

Isn't this from one of the original chex quest games and if so, can you give me evidence or what game and level the songs from.

Here's the message the guy sent me:

QuoteUnauthorized use of music
It has been brought to my attention that the music in this video -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5kiWB54GNU

- is an original composition of mine, called "Echoes," which is being used without permission.

Due to complex issues involving copyrights and licensing agreements, I cannot grant permission for this music to be used on YouTube.

As a result, I would ask that you please remove this video, or replace the audio track with material for which you have acquired the proper license.

Thank you.

Michael Walthius
http://www.thekeyboardwizard.com

xbolt

The song was from the stolen CQ3, but we never knew where that song came from. But it appears that song does, indeed, belong to him.

http://web.mac.com/mwalthius/Site/MIDI.html

The song is titled 'Echoes', and was used on E1M1.

Flurb

Quote from: xbolt on December 14, 2009, 06:24:03 PM
The song was from the stolen CQ3, but we never knew where that song came from. But it appears that song does, indeed, belong to him.

http://web.mac.com/mwalthius/Site/MIDI.html

The song is titled 'Echoes', and was used on E1M1.
OK THANKS!

Atariangamer

Send him thanks for helping us learn what the song is and where it came from! thats pretty epic!

And ask if we can keep it, but if we give him proper credit...

...dude, manny would have loved to see this.
Don't remember me as I was...I was an idiot.

Flurb

Quote from: Atariangamer on December 14, 2009, 06:49:04 PM
Send him thanks for helping us learn what the song is and where it came from! thats pretty epic!

what ever happened to him? I wasn't around.

ChexCommander

Quote from: Flurb on December 14, 2009, 07:11:09 PM
Quote from: Atariangamer on December 14, 2009, 06:49:04 PM

what ever happened to him? I wasn't around.

Problems that he never explained to us in detail. All we know is that he scrapped dial-up for DSL and his dial-up install disk is in Taiwan somewhere.
"I don't cook, either. Not as long as they still deliver pizza." -Tiger Woods

Replica

I'm pretty sure Manny left because he was demoted from Global Mod.

Anyway, I'm glad that mystery has been solved.
I know what you're thinking. No, I don't like peanut butter.

If I had to choose between the real world or the Chex Quest Fan forums; I'd choose the Chex Quest fan forums.

ChexCommander

Quote from: Replica on December 14, 2009, 09:23:00 PM

Anyway, I'm glad that mystery has been solved.

Um, no. Absolutely not. Anyways, we're not in his brain, are we?

That's not very nice. It would be pretty immature of him to do that, I don't think he did, in fact, he posted on here his reasons for not coming lately. I believe his word on this one.
"Give us those nice bright colors, give us the greens of summer, makes you think all the world's a sunny day."

You can find me on the CQFF discord: https://discord.gg/AgNhjem

ChexCommander

Quote from: 75 on December 14, 2009, 10:17:54 PM

That's not very nice. It would be pretty immature of him to do that, I don't think he did, in fact, he posted on here his reasons for not coming lately. I believe his word on this one.

Yes, please don't go making unverified negative opinions about something we don't even know about. :-\

Atariangamer

I think he just loved his job here, but when he was relieved of it, he focused on other things, and then when life happened, it all coincided. But yeah, love him or hate him, I'd never go that far.
Don't remember me as I was...I was an idiot.

Replica

I never said anything negative, I simply said I thought his enjoyment here was interrupted when he was demoted is all. Yikes, stop reading my posts as a negative one unless I use all caps.

How was that not nice? I was simply stating why I thought he left, and I wasn't aware that he posted any reason as to why he stopped coming.

If I had to choose between the real world or the Chex Quest Fan forums; I'd choose the Chex Quest fan forums.

Quote from: Replica on December 15, 2009, 01:29:04 AM

How was that not nice? I was simply stating why I thought he left, and I wasn't aware that he posted any reason as to why he stopped coming.

It's not nice because it's WAY underestimating his maturity. If you didn't see his post, fine, but don't just make up reasons like that. He's not that petty.
"Give us those nice bright colors, give us the greens of summer, makes you think all the world's a sunny day."

You can find me on the CQFF discord: https://discord.gg/AgNhjem

ChexCommander

Quote from: 75 on December 15, 2009, 07:14:46 PM
Quote from: Replica on December 15, 2009, 01:29:04 AM

It's not nice because it's WAY underestimating his maturity. If you didn't see his post, fine, but don't just make up reasons like that. He's not that petty.

Exactly.

Replica

... This what I meant when I said you guys keep warping what I said.

It has nothing to do with maturity level. I stated that it interrupted his enjoyment here as in, he started to lose interest when he was demoted. I personally made this guess because one; I would of been rather annoyed if I was demoted, (Not that I have a spot besides member here.) and two, he started to not appear as often directly after that. I'm pretty sure his life just began since, I think he was 18 around that time, and taking on adult responsibilities would consume most of his time. My theory was that since his interest and his free time where degrading, he had to remove something to make way for his adult life. (Which means he dropped the CQFF.)

As you can see; I came to this conclusion through common sense, and I in no way meant that Manny was immature. I'll admit that my first post was indeed poor worded, and less detail then I should of had it.

*Sigh* Anyway, we're pretty far off topic.