Got a small problem.

Started by TrueDude, March 08, 2008, 07:01:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrueDude

I've been very energetic about CQ for the past weeks, but all of a sudden I just stopped enjoying it. There isn't as much CQ stuff anymore, and progress on my mod has halted. I don't want to leave this great community, but I've completely lost enthusiasm for Chex Quest. Any suggestions on how to get it back?

Manny Cav

The amount of CQ stuff hasn't decreased, that's for sure. If you want some inspiration, see if you can identify some of the resources on my list that I couldn't identify myself (they are marked with "???").
R.I.P. The Game
January 3rd, 1937-
January 7th, 2010

Atariangamer

One way to get back into it is to find some older mods. Some of the original stuff. That usually puts me back into it, like Strife's levels or mebe (who was it) since5's levels on his site. Try and do a speed run on Super Slimey through Newmaps, then again through TUCQ. Build a quick map, convert a DooM level you like to CQ.

For a strange reason, I found that losing interest in CQ also makes a loss in DooM. If I play DooM some, I start re-enjoying it, then go for others like Heretic, Plutonia, then eventually, CQ again...It kinda happens in waves.

OR...if ya got some modeling skills, try and make me some flemoid models for Risen3d or Doomsday. I'd love some models, but any progress on it has been dispelled by some people saying it makes CQ lose its feel...IT DOESN"T... I tried some quick thing that made it look like I had models, and if you edit the flemoid sprites carefully, it looks perfect.

Hope this is enough to get you plugged into it agin.
Don't remember me as I was...I was an idiot.