help!

Started by draco, January 05, 2010, 10:36:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

draco

i have made maps but every time i open up doom builder i have no textures!?!
lets get back to reality, a computer a monitor and a ton of games.

Allen Walker

Hmm.....not trying to be a back seat mod or anything, but you may want to post this in another section. The general discussion is for non chex quest related talk.

draco

draco

i dont have any textures when i use doom builder!

brain candy

I just moved your old topic here and merged it with your new one. Hope that is okay. :)

mob720

If you're using Doom Builder 2, when you try to open or create a wad it wants to know what map but also where you're going to get textures from (labeled Resources). You don't have to check the box that says strictly load between but click add resource. The wad files you may want to use are the real Chex Quest 3 wad or CQUESTP2B3.wad. If you don't have those, just look around the forums to find the download links.
Still looking at my maps every now and then...

Replica

Yeah, you're probably not using an IWAD either. I suggest clicking "F5" and going to a tab (Not sure which) that contains all the source ports in a list. The click on the one you're using and load an IWAD. (AKA Chex Quest, CQ3, CQ2, etc...) Or you can do what Mob said.

BTW, it does the same for DB1 too. ;)
I know what you're thinking. No, I don't like peanut butter.

If I had to choose between the real world or the Chex Quest Fan forums; I'd choose the Chex Quest fan forums.