Full Screen Problem

Started by Jumsy, January 07, 2010, 12:25:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jumsy

Last night I got a copy of ChexQuest and I haven't been able to play it. When I click on that intro movie, or wait until the end of it, an error pops up saying: This system does not support fulloscreen mode. Choose 'close' to terminate the application. Clicking close closes it, and clicking ignore will play only the music.

Is there anything I can do to fix it?

Replica

This comes from having a computer not compatible with windows 98. Either you can try a computer compatible with CQ, or you can just watch the intro on Youtube. To play the game; you must download a source port. It really doesn't matter which one, though some like GZDoom or Zdoom are compatible with Chex Quest, while others require editing to make it perfect.

I suggest GZDoom or ZDoom because all you need to do is place the file "Chex.wad" from your Chex Quest directory into the (G)ZDoom directory and then click on GZDoom.exe and it'll load Chex Quest.

You can get GZDoom Here and ZDoom here.

There has been a release of a new CQ3, which contains all three games. (Chex Quest 1,2, and 3) You differance is that the creator Chukker; edited the levels of CQ1/2 to add more detail. If you want that; all you need to do is download CQ3. It has an edited version of ZDoom already in it.

You can get CQ3 here.

Welcome to the forums!
I know what you're thinking. No, I don't like peanut butter.

If I had to choose between the real world or the Chex Quest Fan forums; I'd choose the Chex Quest fan forums.

Jumsy

That solved it. Thanks for the help!