[Music] DNB Remixes of CQ3 music (E3M3 is up!)

Started by Jimmy, July 10, 2010, 08:31:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimmy

Quote from: 75 on July 19, 2010, 10:33:27 PMfeedback
Hehe, cheers, mate! :P

Solos I'm still getting used to. It's kind of hard to make a really good solo in MIDI alone, but I know it can be done. Still getting better. :P

Nice to know that the drum 'n' bass, without doubt the defining elements in drum 'n' bass music, are nice. :P

The techno blips are kind of quiet, yes, now that I listen to it more closely. Maybe they should be the central focus of the piece, since they are using a slightly altered version of the original song's main riff.

For intro, I kind of understand where you're coming from, but I really thought that a mellow feel was something that the chords really deserved. Subtle instrumentation like that often works, although some may disagree that it entirely fits for drum 'n' bass music. :P Oh well. I kinda like the idea of using an organ, I'll try it out for myself and see what difference it makes. :)

Quote from: Jimmy on July 21, 2010, 07:32:53 PM
Solos I'm still getting used to. It's kind of hard to make a really good solo in MIDI alone, but I know it can be done. Still getting better. :P

I can believe it. Take your time, maybe sing the piece to yourself when you're cleaning the house or something. Try and improvise on it in your head, if you get something nice, write it down as soon as you can so you don't forget.

For intro, I kind of understand where you're coming from, but I really thought that a mellow feel was something that the chords really deserved. Subtle instrumentation like that often works, although some may disagree that it entirely fits for drum 'n' bass music. :P Oh well. I kinda like the idea of using an organ, I'll try it out for myself and see what difference it makes. :)

If I think of it like a refrain rather than an intro, I really like it. I think the current intro part would be absolutely gorgeous for a middle interlude. Maybe in the middle of the song have it break down and go to that, and build to the solo lines? Then use that instrumentation to play that line for the rest of the solo (don't have it fade out).
"Give us those nice bright colors, give us the greens of summer, makes you think all the world's a sunny day."

You can find me on the CQFF discord: https://discord.gg/AgNhjem

CHEX_MAN

Well can you tell us how old you are?  The E3M3 music sounds like another song I've heard.  I played that game a few times.