If you made Chex Quest 4...

Started by TrueDude, March 22, 2010, 03:40:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrueDude

... What would you put into it? Of course you'd have to stick to the 5-level setup of the previous three games, but otherwise you're pretty much free to do what you would wish.

I'd set the first 2 levels on an Ice Planet that Chexter has to head to to fight against another outbreak of flemoids, but accidentally gets sucked into the flemoid dimension for the next three levels. It would reuse most of the flemoids from the first two games with new flemoids replacing some of the Doom II monsters. (though they'd probably be somewhat easier to defeat...) Also, a new weapon to replace the Super Shotgun would be keen too!

Atariangamer

CQ4::Circa 12 Years After Meteor

*After you stopped the meteor invasion and cleaned up the rest of Ralston, the flemoids were only a twinkle in the eyes of scientists. Scientists wanting to experiment with teleportation and zorch similarities. The lead research center was closely monitored for the possibility of a Flemoid dimension crossing, which could quite possibly destroy the location. As the experiments start to touch dangerously close to the dimension crossing, a full investigation team is sent in to uncover why they even got there in the first place. The team is led by none other than Fred Chexter. As you are met by the lead scientist and head down to the labs, alerts blare and systems crash as the team walks infront of the teleporter overview chamber. The dimension was crossed, and crashed on that point, creating a massive gateway to the flemoid world. Fred turns to the lead scientist...only to see a flemoid covered in Chex armor and clothing. It had been planned all along. The flemoid smirks, and then slimes Fred, and he blacks out.

You (Fred) wake up with a few others in a slime covered room, alarms still blaring. You only have your bootspoon, but quickly cut yourself free, and free the others. There's a guard's room just down the hall, and plans to close the gateway (and possibly the entire flemoid dimension) once and for all, but can you make it to the basement test labs, and take down the boss in time?

Features:
-Introduces a new zorcher [Perlin Zorcher] which sends out a streaming beam of light zorch using the same energy as phasing. Don't cross the streams ;)
-Introduces a new class of Bipedicus, which was the lead scientist. Can morph between several different projectile styles, and has massively thick layers as a result of being away from his homeland so long. He'll be tough to beat.
-Introduces bot players who can help defend while you solve puzzles and find entrances.
--Can be replaced with Coop starts for online multiplayer
-Utilizes either Boom-styled teleport to simulate floor over floor, or uses GZDooM 3D sectors to aid in the effect.
--Possibly on Quake engine? Who knows.
Don't remember me as I was...I was an idiot.

ChexCommander

YOU ARE FLEMOID ZOMBIE

Uh...

Quote from: Atariangamer on March 22, 2010, 08:11:28 PM

Remember last time we discussed that? XD
"I don't cook, either. Not as long as they still deliver pizza." -Tiger Woods

LAZ Trooper

Wow atarian... that idea was... really good. While I was reading it I was like "Yes. YES. YES!" It almost sounds like the start of a movie. :whale
Use the CQ IRC channel! (were it working...)

Current Projects:
Chex Quest: The Great Invasion (on hold)
Chex Quest Skulltag Pack - mapper
The Chex Crusades: Return to Bazoik
Map of Epic (unannounced. If you notice this and ask about, good for you. You won't get any information. And I am out o

xbolt

Everyone who thinks Atari's idea is epic, say :whale

:whale

Atariangamer

Quake discussion in spoilers, as it could be taken as heated.
[spoiler]
Quote from: ChexCommander on March 22, 2010, 08:17:42 PM

If you've seen Datra's render of his Flemoid, it looked pretty darn retro styled, while keeping the cartoony feel by using the same textures. Felt like N64 (though hacking Goldeneye, while an awesome concept, is nearly impossible). But I just mentioned Quake for its true floor-over-floor. Not to mention who knows who will make the next Chex Quest, and what they'll do with it?

Plus, if you really wanna stay with it, Pull Legacy or some epic GZDooM stuff with it. If you look at it, we slowly progress forwards in development of the engine. First Vanilla DooM, then ZDooM, then what? GZDooM, or skip it right up to Tech 2. Who knows? just saying, not to mention if anyone uses this story line, I will be shocked, amazed, awed, and going crazy at the same time.[/spoiler]

Wow, glad everyone likes my idea <_>

Just had an idea, seems a tad too...dark, maybe? In comparison with the normal games...who knows.

matthias720

:whale :caineware :ninjaware :whale :caineware :ninjaware

Replica

:whale

IDK I'd like to see a Quake mod of CQ.
I know what you're thinking. No, I don't like peanut butter.

If I had to choose between the real world or the Chex Quest Fan forums; I'd choose the Chex Quest fan forums.

ChexCommander

Quote from: Atariangamer on March 22, 2010, 11:27:40 PM
Quake discussion in spoilers, as it could be taken as heated.
[spoiler]
Quote from: ChexCommander on March 22, 2010, 08:17:42 PM

If you've seen Datra's render of his Flemoid, it looked pretty darn retro styled, while keeping the cartoony feel by using the same textures. Felt like N64 (though hacking Goldeneye, while an awesome concept, is nearly impossible). But I just mentioned Quake for its true floor-over-floor. Not to mention who knows who will make the next Chex Quest, and what they'll do with it?

Plus, if you really wanna stay with it, Pull Legacy or some epic GZDooM stuff with it. If you look at it, we slowly progress forwards in development of the engine. First Vanilla DooM, then ZDooM, then what? GZDooM, or skip it right up to Tech 2. Who knows? just saying, not to mention if anyone uses this story line, I will be shocked, amazed, awed, and going crazy at the same time.[/spoiler]

Wow, glad everyone likes my idea <_>

Just had an idea, seems a tad too...dark, maybe? In comparison with the normal games...who knows.

Oh man, Atari, I'd LOVE a Quake CQ mod. I just felt like bringing up the good ol' days. XD

Atariangamer

Then I lets on to a secret. As soon as I can either get Datra or SuperChex to get word back (or if someone can find me a vintage Quake 1 model animating software), I'm gonna try to get a Quake mod going. Mostly centered around multiplayer, though...but I can map, I can do the graphics editing, and I can get it all packaged up for distribution, but I just can't animate models.

noob1234

:whale x10000000000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chukker

Hey everyone! I've foudn a little bit of free time lately and have been doing some 3D Chex stuff on the side. Not Chex 4, but maybe a remake of the original intro, done all toon-style. I've started doing some work on the Chex Warrior, but it's still work in progress.

xbolt

That's awesome, Chuck! :o

With that and Datra's work, maybe we will get a Chex3D someday!

ChexCommander

Quote from: xbolt on March 25, 2010, 07:55:32 PM
That's awesome, Chuck! :o

With that and Datra's work, maybe we will get a Chex3D someday!

Man, that would be SO sweet...

Whatever happened to Violation Flemoid? That would have been awesome too, and a lot of us have the Orange Box SDK...

Datra

What I would love to see (highly doubt it's remotely possible but one could dream) to have a folder where one could place all their CQ game wads and then switch between those wads on the fly from the game's main menu.

And Chukker that is an AMAZING Chexter model. Way better than any Chexter model I've been able to make! Hat's off to you dude!
CQHD Community Dev