If you made Chex Quest 4...

Started by TrueDude, March 22, 2010, 03:40:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nomekop

Chuck, could you release the models?

Replica

He will probably release them when he is done.
I know what you're thinking. No, I don't like peanut butter.

If I had to choose between the real world or the Chex Quest Fan forums; I'd choose the Chex Quest fan forums.

Datra

Idea: not for Chex Quest 4 specifically but any future project. I know that the levels in Chex Quest were designed solely for Single-Player (duh) and therefore don't transition 100% to co-op (since you have 2x the firepower, 4x if u do it right. and half the agro) So what I think would be really cool are levels, or level variants, that are focused on co-op play.
CQHD Community Dev

ZeldaGamer00

If I made CQ4, We'd be playing as an experimental Flemoid solder sent to the Chex dimension by the King Flem himself. Our mission would involve going to Bazoik (Level 1, "Sliming and Entering"), Kidnapping the leaders/workers there (Level 2), and guarding them. You'd have 3 missions that involve going around on the surface, Sliming anybody who tries to Zorch their way into the mines where the Hostages are being kept. The last level would involve a duel with a certain Chex general to the death at the end in the caves by the hostage room, and 2 endings depending on if you Win or Lose.

If you Lose, You get sent back to the Flemoid dimension and become exiled for failing your mission.

If you win, the General gets half slimed, and as you're about to fully cover him in your Green ooze, he urges you to stop, then begins to explain why he is doing this. He'd say something involving stating he is doing it to protect his family, his friends and his World. Overcome by his statement, you decide not to finish him off, and instead, let the hostages go so that they may see the ones they care about too. By doing so, you sealed your fate and can no longer go back to your own Dimension without being exiled. You sit down and think... *Cue credits*

So yeah, tl;dr, You're a Flemoid in a CQ1 Prequel, and cause the events in it to occur with a slightly cheesy fan-fic on top. (All stated in a oddly set-up post!)

3DS Friend Code: 0645-5762-6755 (PM me if you add me)

noob1234

idk, i dont think an cq4 sould be you as flem

ChexCommander

Quote from: noob1234 on May 26, 2010, 08:53:49 PM

If you could actually implement a Flemoid CQ with more than one functional weapon and with awesome gameplay, I would go for it. The play-as-a-flemoid idea has been tried before, to no great avail.
"I don't cook, either. Not as long as they still deliver pizza." -Tiger Woods

cheetahben

I've actually considered making a Chex Quest 4 Source mod sometime, but I'd need some people more experienced with mapping/modeling. Atarian, BMD, anyone interested?

Datra

I'm interested. But I just don't have the time for it lately. sorry. :-[

But would you all agree that Chukker's models configured for GMod would be one of the most epic things evar?!
CQHD Community Dev

Replica

Quote from: ChexCommander on May 26, 2010, 11:43:45 PM
Quote from: noob1234 on May 26, 2010, 08:53:49 PM

If you could actually implement a Flemoid CQ with more than one functional weapon and with awesome gameplay, I would go for it. The play-as-a-flemoid idea has been tried before, to no great avail.

I'm still working on it... slowly...
I know what you're thinking. No, I don't like peanut butter.

If I had to choose between the real world or the Chex Quest Fan forums; I'd choose the Chex Quest fan forums.

mob720

Still looking at my maps every now and then...

The Green Avenger

You fool!  You've armed the thing!
Visit Chex Brigade, home of Chaos on Flemoid Prime!

The art of winning an argument is not so much proving your own point as it is systematically dismantling your opponent's point, leaving yours as the logical alternative.

mob720

Goo guns could make for an interesting game. ;D
Still looking at my maps every now and then...

noob1234

yeah, especially fighting them.

MajorSlime

I'm actually working on that in CQR, i'm just not a good graphic artist...
Shh!  I'm taking a break from reality.

Quote from: cheetahben on May 27, 2010, 03:32:23 PM
I've actually considered making a Chex Quest 4 Source mod sometime, but I'd need some people more experienced with mapping/modeling. Atarian, BMD, anyone interested?

Hammer is actually pretty easy to use, but I've never tried modeling or programming the weapons.

I wonder if it's harder than DECORATE...
"Give us those nice bright colors, give us the greens of summer, makes you think all the world's a sunny day."

You can find me on the CQFF discord: https://discord.gg/AgNhjem