Confirmation about something in the Chex Wiki

Started by theavengerbutton, April 26, 2010, 11:12:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theavengerbutton

http://chexquest.wikia.com/wiki/E1M2:_Cinema_%28Chex_Quest_2%29

"The Cinema is the second level of Chex Quest 2. It is also generally accepted as being the worst of all the original levels."

Do fans not like this level or something? This is my favorite level of all the games personally, I think it's a neat idea to tour a theater, especially looking at all the awesome posters and watching the movies. Also scary, cause you couldn't see in those d**n theaters!

Then again, I am a big fan of movies, so this comes as no suprise.

LAZ Trooper

Well, I guess it just didn't quite up to standards to some of us. Have you played the new version of it in the new Chex Quest 3? It's really good, and a ton better.
Use the CQ IRC channel! (were it working...)

Current Projects:
Chex Quest: The Great Invasion (on hold)
Chex Quest Skulltag Pack - mapper
The Chex Crusades: Return to Bazoik
Map of Epic (unannounced. If you notice this and ask about, good for you. You won't get any information. And I am out o

xbolt

Yeah, that's just the general sentiment. There are always some who don't conform to the masses. ;)

arch129

The idea of a theater was good, but the way the level was made wasn't.

mob720

Like the random door opening to a hidden storage place? OUTSIDE? I only went with it because I didnt care for level design flaws, just getting all the baddies and hitting the exit switch was good for me. Personally I liked the start room because it had ammo and led outside to a statue, but half an arboretum and random rooms you can access only by vent is a bit weird. They had the right idea, just the design was flawed. I think DC knew this already but had to let it go.
Still looking at my maps every now and then...

ChexCommander

Honestly, I liked BOTH Cinema level versions...
"I don't cook, either. Not as long as they still deliver pizza." -Tiger Woods

Atariangamer

I loved the original cinema...though always felt something was wrong with it...I love the new one, though...
Don't remember me as I was...I was an idiot.

Replica

It is strange. No one had a problem with it until Boingo wanted to redo it.... I love the original and new as well.
I know what you're thinking. No, I don't like peanut butter.

If I had to choose between the real world or the Chex Quest Fan forums; I'd choose the Chex Quest fan forums.

noob1234

yeah i like the new one better... my chief problem (other than whats mentioned b4) was the "change me" (unless thats only in tucq; i never played the original)

LAZ Trooper

Yes, the "Change Me" textures were only in TUCQ, because those told him what textures to change over to the better-named ones. XD

Current Projects:
Map of Epic (unannounced. If you notice this and ask about, good for you. You won't get any information. And I am out o

QuadrumpusGuy

LAZ Trooper

Well, that's in the redesigned level, not the original.

Current Projects:

QuadrumpusGuy

Yeah. The Original Cinema wasn't too bad. The problem with the Red Doors in the original spaceport had some problems.