Author Topic: Using the DooM Editing tools in Windows Vista  (Read 11024 times)

Offline The Green Avenger

• Sudoku Black Belt
  • Ultimus
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
  • Legacy Loyalist
    • Chex Brigade!
Re: Using the DooM Editing tools in Windows Vista
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2009, 12:26:36 AM »
Good call, Slime.

BTW, the configurations are, respectively, called GZDooM, GZDooM - Heretic, and GZDooM - Hexen.
Visit Chex Brigade, home of Chaos on Flemoid Prime!

The art of winning an argument is not so much proving your own point as it is systematically dismantling your opponent's point, leaving yours as the logical alternative.

Chex Quest Fan Forums

« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2009, 12:26:36 AM »

Offline 75

• [IFOC] Server Admin
  • Multiplayer Team Leader
  • Chex Master
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 27
  • -Receive: 25
    • IFOCSERV
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2009, 09:08:55 PM »
Ok, I finally got DB to find the configurations

Only by running directly from the Program Files/Doombuilder directory could I get this to work

Now, when I try and set the IWAD using Tools>Configuration, it works for a bit, but

When I try and make a new map, it says "Could not find Playpal"

The next thing I did was to insert a sector, the floor and ceiling textures both said "flat not found". I tried to check this out, and it crashed.

I was using Chex3.wad as the IWAD, does this make any difference?
"Give us those nice bright colors, give us the greens of summer, makes you think all the world's a sunny day."

Want a place to talk about Chex Pack, or Chex Quest in general? Join #IFOC: irc://irc.zandronum.net/IFOC

Offline The Green Avenger

• Sudoku Black Belt
  • Ultimus
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
  • Legacy Loyalist
    • Chex Brigade!
« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2009, 10:57:37 PM »
Flats are ceiling and floor textures.  They should be provided in chex3.wad.  Try adding chex3.wad in the 'Additional textures and flats from wad file' box in map setup.  It shouldn't be necessary, but I don't know.
Visit Chex Brigade, home of Chaos on Flemoid Prime!

The art of winning an argument is not so much proving your own point as it is systematically dismantling your opponent's point, leaving yours as the logical alternative.

Offline 75

• [IFOC] Server Admin
  • Multiplayer Team Leader
  • Chex Master
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 27
  • -Receive: 25
    • IFOCSERV
« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2009, 11:16:47 PM »
Flats are ceiling and floor textures.  They should be provided in chex3.wad.  Try adding chex3.wad in the 'Additional textures and flats from wad file' box in map setup.  It shouldn't be necessary, but I don't know.

thanks tga, but I already know about flats, I think it has something to do with the GZdoom cfg file, which is new
"Give us those nice bright colors, give us the greens of summer, makes you think all the world's a sunny day."

Want a place to talk about Chex Pack, or Chex Quest in general? Join #IFOC: irc://irc.zandronum.net/IFOC

Web Hosting by InMotion Hosting