Chex Quest Update

Started by Wodd, May 04, 2010, 01:28:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wodd

Something that would be neat:  An update to Chex Quest in which:

1. Completion of an episode rolls right into the next one (on the same difficulty) (i.e. Completion of Rescue on Bazoik rolls into Terror in Chex City and Terror in Chex City rolls into Invasion!)* (not needed after the last episode)
2. There is an option to put the map (and all of its associated data that it displays (Flemoid, secret, and possibly item*** counts, current time spent in level, and total time spent in the game***) on the second monitor (if present)

* Invasion!:  I did not know that the Shreddies were miners** (at least in Extreme Ooze (and probably Super Slimy!, although I cannot even get past Central Command on that difficulty, and I am quite sure that I would not pass Villa Chex if the Super Cycloptis shoot slime balls extremely fast like the Aermored Bipedicus, and, yeah, I am not sure that I would want to even think about how much faster the Stridicus might be, and the Provincial Park is full of those).

** miners:  Just a note:  Use of the Super Bookspork is recommended for Flem Mines. I find that to be quite helpful (although that may not be true in Super Slimy!) and I do not recall seeing them in the Provincial Park when doing Easy Does It, but they are on the Meteor Spaceship. Something else that I discovered:  The pink things about half way (This may be inaccurate.) through the Meteor Spaceship can actually "kill" Flemoids as well as the Chex Warrior.

Something else that I discovered:  It is impossible to get a percentage of 100 for Flemoids Returned on Super Slimy! because each time a Flemoid respawns, the total increases.

*** Item, total time spent in the game:  If these are turned on
"Cast your burden upon the Lord." (Psalm 55:22, Daysies, April 6)
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." (Philippians 4:13, Daysies, March 10)

Replica

The Ultimate Chex Quest was suppose to combine both the first and second (not sure about the third.) CQs. It also finishes the rest of the episodes.

...Shreddies? In superslimy it is supposed to be a challenge, that is why it is so difficult.
I know what you're thinking. No, I don't like peanut butter.

If I had to choose between the real world or the Chex Quest Fan forums; I'd choose the Chex Quest fan forums.

Wodd

Quote from: ReplicaIt also finishes the rest of the episodes.

I would guess that most of those are unofficial episodes because I only know of three official ones. I did find some ports that apparently expand the first episode. That would also be neat. A large conglomeration that included all of the levels from the first episode, the levels from the second and official third episodes, and the levels from Cereal Killer. Perhaps that is what this[/i] is. I had a copy of Ceral Killer (I played it withd [url=http://www.dosbox.com/]DOSBox.), but I later deleted it when I got a different copy of the game (which runs under ZDoom and contains all three of the official episodes). In addition to that, the game had a tendency to lock up when I tried to open the first door in the Bomb Shelter for some strange reason.

As for what appears to be your confusion about the Shreddies, you can read this (Note the Shreddies Provincial Park heading) or play through to at least the Provincial Park in the [official third] episode. There is a sign near the beginning which reads:  SHREDDIES PROVINCIAL PARK.
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." (Philippians 4:13, Daysies, March 10)

Replica

Quote from: Wodd on May 04, 2010, 12:47:16 PM
I would guess that most of those are unofficial episodes because I only know of three official ones. I did find some ports that apparently expand the first episode.

If you played around with different ports and found extra levels with the original CQ.wad, then you where actually playing Doom levels 6-8. There are only three official Chex Quests, the rest are just fan games.

That would also be neat. A large conglomeration that included all of the levels from the first episode, the levels from the second and official third episodes, and the levels from Cereal Killer.

I'm not sure what Ceral Killer is. Perhaps you're talking about the stolen CQ3? (Judging by the level you said was bomb shelter.) That game was fan made, and stole graphics and maps from doom mods.

There is a mixture of all three official games here: http://www.chucktropolis.com/gamers.htm (The lead artist's website.)

this is.

That is a mod by the Sliminator, and doesn't contain CQ3 to my knowledge.

About the Shreddies:

I'm actually pretty sure that the Shreddies had nothing to do with CQ3 (besides being a park name.). Shreddies is a cereal sold in the UK. I'm not really sure why it was placed in there, because that use isn't for the official game, but a mod based off the park.

http://www.chexquest.org/index.php?topic=952.0
I know what you're thinking. No, I don't like peanut butter.

If I had to choose between the real world or the Chex Quest Fan forums; I'd choose the Chex Quest fan forums.

Wodd

Quote from: ReplicaI'm not sure what Ceral Killer is.

I got it slightly off. It is actually titled The Trail of a Cereal Killer.

Quote from: ReplicaPerhaps you're talking about the stolen CQ3?

Indeed

Quote from: ReplicaShreddies is a cereal sold in the UK.

I was unaware of that.